Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Long tubes to CARB (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516075)

Jrizo 12-13-2017 07:43 PM

Long tubes to CARB

So guys heres the predicament. Im not a native Californian so I had no idea about the long tube headers not allowed here. (Yes i know I shoulda looked up basic car laws) all I have exhaust wise is just my long tube headers, high flow cats and NPP exhaust so to get my Camaro complaint do you guys know any good shops around the OC area that can sell me some OEM manifolds, cats and whatever im missing to be legal here? I think ill need a tune also since it was tuned for long tubes.

Kinda sucks but yea im asking about going back to stock. I’ll pick up some shorties later since im sure this current quest is gonna cost me a pretty penny:sad0147:

SS PANTHER 12-13-2017 08:54 PM

Check the California and other state local market places on this forum as exhaust manifolds and OEM cats come up for sale. Do you have a stock airbox? Most CAI’s are not CARB legal. You could r&r the CAI and the high flow cats every two years if you wanted a little extra power.

Jrizo 12-13-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS PANTHER (Post 10009022)
Check the California and other state local market places on this forum as exhaust manifolds and OEM cats come up for sale. Do you have a stock airbox? Most CAI’s are not CARB legal. You could r&r the CAI and the high flow cats every two years if you wanted a little extra power.

Turns out my CAI is carb legal, have the eo tag and everything. But yea ill definitely start looking around for them. Wouldnt the check engine light come on if im tuned for long tubes then go back to stock?

SS PANTHER 12-13-2017 09:24 PM

Probably. Maybe someone locally on the forum could reset the tune after you remove the cats and headers and adjust the afr to the proper specs.

LSX Camaro 12-21-2017 10:48 PM

You will need to be 100% stock to pass a legit inspection. All OE manifolds, cats, and air intake.
eBay and other forums have tons for sale.

frankwjr 12-22-2017 09:00 AM

dynoSteve at RDP tuned my car and it will pass any emissions test...now obviously you can't "tune" the visual inspection part out so your gonna need to p/u stock exhaust manifold/cat setup(the stock exhaust connections are still in place, right?) or CARB shorties w/stock cats...now Mr. Steve can give you a tune for any combo you have..just load and go...simple. He has a SCT/tune deal, lifetime updates and special parts pricing.

Plus with the SCT you can datalog if you want...good luck OP.

Jrizo 12-22-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 10019037)
dynoSteve at RDP tuned my car and it will pass any emissions test...now obviously you can't "tune" the visual inspection part out so your gonna need to p/u stock exhaust manifold/cat setup(the stock exhaust connections are still in place, right?) or CARB shorties w/stock cats...now Mr. Steve can give you a tune for any combo you have..just load and go...simple. He has a SCT/tune deal, lifetime updates and special parts pricing.

Plus with the SCT you can datalog if you want...good luck OP.

Thanks frank, and yea everything is still there. Just ordered some shorties recently so just need the cats and some misc. parts and be alright. Ill definitely keep the dynoSteve thing in mind

V8only 01-05-2018 06:42 PM

what kind of long tubes? I'm local to you, may be interested in them

Jrizo 01-07-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8only (Post 10032807)
what kind of long tubes? I'm local to you, may be interested in them

Stinless works with high flow cats on them. Ill try and get a pic when I can.

sneakypete 01-11-2018 04:13 PM

Just keep your vehicle registered in the state you came from.

Jrizo 01-15-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneakypete (Post 10039116)
Just keep your vehicle registered in the state you came from.

Wish I could brotha, for my new up coming employment I have to be a resident of California so keeping it as Arizona registered is a no go. I dont even have a Arizona license anymore :frown:

KappaSig 01-18-2018 11:31 PM

Which CAI do you have?

kmarshall2121 01-19-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSX Camaro (Post 10018773)
You will need to be 100% stock to pass a legit inspection. All OE manifolds, cats, and air intake.
eBay and other forums have tons for sale.

not true... I have aftermarket CAI's on all my vehicles and pass every time, plus, Flowmaster mufflers. As long as no code is thrown on the testers equipment, youre fine...

kmarshall2121 01-19-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KappaSig (Post 10047411)
Which CAI do you have?

If you are looking, Check out Volant. good quality, and CARB compliant..