CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Mustang, finally, might have a TRUE SS 1LE Competitor (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576212)

Mountain 05-29-2020 01:48 PM

Mustang, finally, might have a TRUE SS 1LE Competitor

1 Attachment(s)
https://s.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dim...-Testing_1.jpg
...“most track-ready 5.0-liter Mustang ever”...
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/29/...#slide-2236920

GT PP2 for comparison
https://www.autoconception.com/wp-co...ck-level-2.jpg

Yes there is the GT PP2 and GT350, but this is the way I see the 6th Gen Pony car track line-up: MSRP-to-MSRP, the GT PP2 offers less and and GT350 is more expensive. For the price, the SS 1LE covers so much ground in track capability. Focus is track capability and not only hero lap times, from the factory, with just fluid changes for track.

hotlap 05-29-2020 03:30 PM

uh-oh. "collectability" is Mustang speak for ADM
Quote:

“Mach 1 has a special place in Mustang history, and it’s time for this special edition to claim the top spot in our 5.0-liter V8 performance lineup and reward our most hardcore Mustang enthusiasts who demand that next level of power, precision and collectability,” said Dave Pericak, director, Ford Icons.

ZRacerLE 05-29-2020 03:54 PM

Nice!

RobbyBeefcake87 05-29-2020 04:28 PM

I like what looks to be a revised grill, instead of just being a bullit engine in a pp2. Maybe if the rumours of the gt350 dying after 2021 are true they won't br afraid to make a pp2 type car with proper cooling to step on it's toes.

oldman 05-29-2020 04:36 PM

not a fan of the nostrils, looks like a catfish. egg crate grill looks cheap.

John_B 05-29-2020 05:20 PM

Looks like the 13/14 mustang grill.

Mountain 05-29-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 (Post 10800322)
I like what looks to be a revised grill, instead of just being a bullit engine in a pp2. Maybe if the rumours of the gt350 dying after 2021 are true they won't br afraid to make a pp2 type car with proper cooling to step on it's toes.

I fully expect the GT350 to be ending. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I get from the "environment".

The PP2 should have been what this car is probably going to be... I still don't understand that car (PP2) beyond marketing numbers to say their performance is as good as the SS 1LE.

This car, definitely, looks like it will get some added coolers. The intake inlet is right behind the driver-side circular (fog light?) opening.

DaveC113 05-29-2020 06:03 PM

Retro/modern fusion grill fail.

LESS1 05-29-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 10800193)
...“most track-ready 5.0-liter Mustang ever”...

Maybe these won't eat transmissions and overheat so the owners might be able to run hard for a full track day session. Which is great but it doesn't address the weak chassis and MRC issues. It doesn't matter how Frod spins it the chassis and MRC are still not at the same level as Alpha. This is the same scenario as GT500/CFTP with more power and bad chassis/MRC vs ZL1/E even with a significant power advantage still not an equal on any but the longest tracks which favor HP. Check my vs. GT350R video, R driver is on the edge and car is not looking too happy about it. While 1LE is stable and controlled. Typical Frod only with extra lipstick... end result same pig.

Bosse'sBoss 05-30-2020 06:59 AM

The Mustang (Shelby included) bases most of their handling performance on cup track tires, but the 6th generation Camaro performs better because it has a well rounded superior "Alpha" platform that along with the eLSD on some models (SS1LE/ ZL1) are able to compete at the Shelbys level on just street summer tires, no wonder why Randy Pobst loves the 6th gen Camaros. You get the most performance for your $.:thumbup::first:
By the way I think that the SS1LE Camaro is already competing at the same performance level of the Shelbys GT350 & GT350R

Bosse'sBoss 05-30-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LESS1 (Post 10800430)
Maybe these won't eat transmissions and overheat so the owners might be able to run hard for a full track day session. Which is great but it doesn't address the weak chassis and MRC issues. It doesn't matter how Frod spins it the chassis and MRC are still not at the same level as Alpha. This is the same scenario as GT500/CFTP with more power and bad chassis/MRC vs ZL1/E even with a significant power advantage still not an equal on any but the longest tracks which favor HP. Check my vs. GT350R video, R driver is on the edge and car is not looking too happy about it. While 1LE is stable and controlled. Typical Frod only with extra lipstick... end result same pig.

Please share a link of your video:w00t:

shaffe 06-01-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 (Post 10800322)

This ^

If I was a betting man, I would say the Mach 1 will be a PP2, with proper cooling and the bullitt engine or an improved bullit engine. Maybe 495-500HP. The GT350 is riding off into an overdue sunset

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain (Post 10800388)
I fully expect the GT350 to be ending. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I get from the "environment".

The PP2 should have been what this car is probably going to be... I still don't understand that car (PP2) beyond marketing numbers to say their performance is as good as the SS 1LE.

This car, definitely, looks like it will get some added coolers. The intake inlet is right behind the driver-side circular (fog light?) opening.

Yep, but I think this car is probably going to come in at around 55K though so the 1LE will still be a better value

SlitherByU 06-01-2020 12:30 PM

Guess I'm not overly excited about the new Mach1. If it comes equipped with a DCT...maybe. But I still enjoy rowing my R to 8k+.

ST1LE 06-01-2020 12:57 PM

Glad to see Ford bringing back the Mach 1, and looks to be in great form too with the 480 horses.

If they put the same tired ass MT-82 in it though, it will just be another paper weight in my opinion.

PLEASE put the Tremec in there already!!!