CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297)
-   -   Excellant service and product from Tony Mamo (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560719)

WhitesnakeSS 08-21-2019 09:32 AM

Excellant service and product from Tony Mamo

Installed my Tony Mamo ported throttle body about month ago on my 2018 Camaro SS.
Right off the bat I noticed the tip in of the throttle was much improved. Other words the throttle now matched the right foot and was more snappy to attention. The seat of the pants could feel a little difference but the way she jumped to attention and began into the power curve was what jumps out. It woke her up tremendously.
What I did notice was in launch control it would hesitate slightly before accelerating. Now this was a few days into the install. I emailed Tony and and within a few hours he responded. He was nice and courteous and was willing to help me in any way to make this one small hiccup right. He advised me to give it another week while continuing to launch the car with the same temps and conditions and he felt that the computer would adjust itself and remedy the issue. He sounded confident it would resolve itself and if not a tune in the future would and I would be happy. If after then I wasnt he would make it right with another Tb or a full return.
I told him the damn thing run to good other than that and I didnt wanna mess that up so I would give it a few weeks more.
Well within a week the issue was gone. It did as Tony said and corrected the issue. As a matter of fact is seems to have improved all across the spectrum.
As I said it just runs to damn good and makes the car a blast to drive.
His customer service and return policy makes the extra in price worth it IMO. The increase in throttle response , acceleration and fun factor makes this exactly what Tony says......
It's a game changer !!!

That's how I know I made the right choice !

Chris C 1SS 1LE 08-25-2019 12:03 PM

Yep...

avalonandl 08-26-2019 01:36 PM

Cool I need a ported TB.

Mister Will 08-26-2019 01:56 PM

Does anyone know if Tony ports intake manifolds?

Sorry for the hijack.

I agree with the OP. Tony provides an excellent product and customer service.

MackSteelPrivateEye 08-26-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitesnakeSS (Post 10602010)
Installed my Tony Mamo ported throttle body about month ago on my 2018 Camaro SS.
Right off the bat I noticed the tip in of the throttle was much improved. Other words the throttle now matched the right foot and was more snappy to attention. The seat of the pants could feel a little difference but the way she jumped to attention and began into the power curve was what jumps out. It woke her up tremendously.
What I did notice was in launch control it would hesitate slightly before accelerating. Now this was a few days into the install. I emailed Tony and and within a few hours he responded. He was nice and courteous and was willing to help me in any way to make this one small hiccup right. He advised me to give it another week while continuing to launch the car with the same temps and conditions and he felt that the computer would adjust itself and remedy the issue. He sounded confident it would resolve itself and if not a tune in the future would and I would be happy. If after then I wasnt he would make it right with another Tb or a full return.
I told him the damn thing run to good other than that and I didnt wanna mess that up so I would give it a few weeks more.
Well within a week the issue was gone. It did as Tony said and corrected the issue. As a matter of fact is seems to have improved all across the spectrum.
As I said it just runs to damn good and makes the car a blast to drive.
His customer service and return policy makes the extra in price worth it IMO. The increase in throttle response , acceleration and fun factor makes this exactly what Tony says......
It's a game changer !!!

That's how I know I made the right choice !

How much additional HP/Tq?

Ittookalongtime 08-26-2019 10:00 PM

I have one too. First, it just looks right compared to the stock unit. But yes, the effects are subtle. More of a throttle response improvement. I also have a K&N filter which seems to work well with the tb... who knows how these computers compensate for this stuff...but I think this was worth the money. I wasn’t necessarily looking for increased hp or torque and I didn’t want a throttle response module. It’s a simple, safe, mod that makes the car feel a worthwhile amount of improved “snappy” in the very beginning of the the throttle response “curve”...

WhitesnakeSS 08-27-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10606329)
How much additional HP/Tq?

No dyno.
I pretty much described it in the post best I could. Very noticable in acceleration and throttle response is what jumps out at ya. VERY noticeable at that !

WhitesnakeSS 08-27-2019 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avalonandl (Post 10606175)
Cool I need a ported TB.

I can only speak for what Tony supplied me and it didnt disappoint. Cant say if the others do better or worse but you dont need a core and his warranty and customer service is superb. Worth the extra $$$ IMO.

WhitesnakeSS 08-27-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ittookalongtime (Post 10606520)
I have one too. First, it just looks right compared to the stock unit. But yes, the effects are subtle. More of a throttle response improvement. I also have a K&N filter which seems to work well with the tb... who knows how these computers compensate for this stuff...but I think this was worth the money. I wasn’t necessarily looking for increased hp or torque and I didn’t want a throttle response module. It’s a simple, safe, mod that makes the car feel a worthwhile amount of improved “snappy” in the very beginning of the the throttle response “curve”...

Only difference is I have the CAI brand cold air intake. Seems to work well.
I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis.

WhitesnakeSS 08-27-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Will (Post 10606191)
Does anyone know if Tony ports intake manifolds?

Sorry for the hijack.

I agree with the OP. Tony provides an excellent product and customer service.

Mamomotorsports.com

Seems he is working on releasing a ported manifold.
Might have to drop him a email on that question.

Mighty Mouce 08-27-2019 09:57 AM

How does it compare with Soler PTB?

WhitesnakeSS 08-27-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce (Post 10606773)
How does it compare with Soler PTB?

Never had a Soler.
I can attest to what improvement I got with a TM throttle body though.
There is a post on this site where Tony posts some flow charts. Definitely do your research. That is how I come to buy the Mamo Tb.

MackSteelPrivateEye 08-28-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitesnakeSS (Post 10607310)
Never had a Soler.
I can attest to what improvement I got with a TM throttle body though.
There is a post on this site where Tony posts some flow charts. Definitely do your research. That is how I come to buy the Mamo Tb.

Whats the claimed additional HP and Tq?:paddle:

WhitesnakeSS 08-29-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10607933)
Whats the claimed additional HP and Tq?:paddle:

Who claimed additional HP and Torque????
My post explained my improvements as well as answering your question once already.