CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / Rock Guards / Etc? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546030)

Tha_Infamous_E 01-11-2019 06:52 PM

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / Rock Guards / Etc?

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / Rock Guards / etcetera?

What's the difference between all of those in terms of efficiency or are they all the same shit, just designed differently for everyones wants?

Also, what color combination would you think looks best on a Summit White Camaro with Black & Red accents?

- Black Rock Guards on Summit White Camaro
- White Rock Guards on Summit White Camaro
- Red Rock Guards on Summit White Camaro

R3ctivision 01-13-2019 04:00 AM

Black rock guards or none. They are barely visible, blend in with the wheel wells and dark tires and wheels.

That said, they really don't do much (at least the ZL1Addons ones). Still plenty of crud flung by the front tires, plenty of rock chips. Part of the fun of having crazy sticky tires.

Chris C 1SS 1LE 01-13-2019 10:03 AM

Bought the Addons guards. They work fine for me. Should have done it day #1. Still hear rocks and gravel flinging but they don't hit paint on sides like they used to.

JD_ 01-13-2019 12:27 PM

I went with the ACS Composites rock guards, front and rear. The fronts require a rivet gun (and you should buy some more good quality rivets), but I know that unlike the ZL1 addons rockguards there is more than tape holding them on. The rear rockguards use factory screws to hold them in place.

Chris C 1SS 1LE 01-13-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD_ (Post 10409131)
I went with the ACS Composites rock guards, front and rear. The fronts require a rivet gun (and you should buy some more good quality rivets), but I know that unlike the ZL1 addons rockguards there is more than tape holding them on. The rear rockguards use factory screws to hold them in place.

4 supplied clips for each front...tape is a good way to line them up. Type aside, do yourself a favor and get some, OP

Boost Creep 01-13-2019 03:01 PM

Get some rock guards, it's are better than nothing, but you will get chips no matter what.

MAGAUSA 01-13-2019 07:50 PM

I'm not going to say the vendor but the guards I bought after reviewing this board were sh?t. Complete Sh!t. Mierda. They are likely the ones you're considering. They don't work. They will fall off. You'll wonder why you paid what you did after you realize you've been screwed. So much $ and then the answer is more screws.

Goldfish 01-14-2019 08:25 AM

I did the ACS guards and the ACS skirts. I'm pretty convinced that the skirts actually did more to keep rocks off the fenders than the guards did, but they definitely both help.

Tha_Infamous_E 06-09-2019 03:12 PM

Just wondering if anyone has red colored rock-guards on a summit white camaro? I'm thinking the color combo might look nice with the red calipers and what-not, but not sure if it'll come off tacky or what.

Boost Creep 06-09-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E (Post 10540307)
Just wondering if anyone has red colored rock-guards on a summit white camaro? I'm thinking the color combo might look nice with the red calipers and what-not, but not sure if it'll come off tacky or what.

Good point.
You might have to add more red elsewhere to help tie in/balance out the red mud flaps.
Like red rally stripes, or the red accent lower grill, something else to tie the red all together.

Tough call.
Wonder if you could mock up something to just see what it looks like?
:noidea:

VinnAY 06-10-2019 07:13 AM

ZL1's are not long enough to protect the car, they look nice and do a little something but they're undersized by 1-2", at least, in needing to extend lower to the ground. I pulled those off and went with what I've done with other cars that works very well which is the universal set. You give up a little bit in the looks department but the protection is superior to the Add-ons or anything else.

MATTY-1LE 06-10-2019 10:00 AM

As boost creep and the boys have said, you will get rock chips no matter what you do with this car. Be sure to clear wrap all the side skirts and lower quarter panel in addition to the rock guards.