CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Help with HPTuners Active Exhaust valve control (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530337)

EMTNLSS 05-30-2018 10:14 PM

Help with HPTuners Active Exhaust valve control

In HPTuners I see under System > General that's there a Active Exhaust section. Has anyone messed with these to see if it changes when the valves open or close? I want to see if when it's in Track mode I can make them stay open all the time. I know I can pull the fuse for them but I would prefer to be able to put it in Stealth in the mornings when i leave then Track anytime else.

EMTNLSS 06-05-2018 09:16 PM

So I changed Exhaust Valve Enabled to Disabled and it disabled them. I would change the modes between Stealth and Track and they would stay open. So it definitely affects them. I just don't know what any of the tables mean and what to change on them. I guess i'll continue logging them and messing with them and see what happens.

Here's what some of the tables look like.
https://i.imgur.com/IDzD0vu.png

EMTNLSS 06-16-2018 09:13 PM

Update to this. HP Tuners was updated to read all the channels for the valves so you can see what table it's using and what row and column is being used in that table. You have to be on the latest beta to see these. There should be a update next week sometime that relabels everything better.

I've tuned my track mode to be open all the time except in 8th gear so when i'm on the freeway it quiets down and reduces the slight drone I get.

mlee 06-16-2018 10:41 PM

I was wondering why... but you just explained in your last post. Good stuff. :thumb:

crosive 07-10-2018 09:34 AM

:popcorn:

cmitchell17 07-10-2018 06:07 PM

I'm kind of confused now, you said it was in system, but I thought you had to pull the flash from the FSCM and reflash for these tables? So you would need to license the FSCM? Or is it on the PCM? I don't see it on my 2017? I think I heard something about it changed on the 2017s to where it is on the FSCM? I guess that's another way the 2017s got screwed over besides the TCM security haha

BlueCamaro6 07-18-2018 11:39 PM

Did you figure out how the table data works the exhaust?

KingLT1 07-23-2018 12:46 PM

I can not gain access to these tables. I am on the latest HPtuners Beta 4.1. It's not showing up under system/general?

EMTNLSS 07-23-2018 02:07 PM

Maybe try reading the car again with the latest beta.

KingLT1 07-23-2018 02:21 PM

Ok...that is what it probably is. Thanks

KingLT1 07-27-2018 07:30 PM

Have mine tuned now...thanks for the heads up! :)

cmitchell17 08-03-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10264400)
Have mine tuned now...thanks for the heads up! :)

But we need to license the FSCM to have access to the tables right? Or are you getting access through the PCM?

KingLT1 08-04-2018 12:28 PM

There is no PCM...ECM/TCM/FSCM. Yep you need to license the FSCM which is 1 credit(50.00). It's well worth it imo to have control over the NPP valve function. The exhaust sounds much better not fluctuating open and closed at different tps percentages/rpm/gear all the time. I have Touring set closed with Exhaust startup Rumble disabled and both Sport/Track set open under all conditions.

BlueCamaro6 08-04-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 10272249)
There is no PCM...ECM/TCM/FSCM. Yep you need to license the FSCM which is 1 credit(50.00). It's well worth it imo to have control over the NPP valve function. The exhaust sounds much better not fluctuating open and closed at different tps percentages/rpm/gear all the time. I have Touring set closed with Exhaust startup Rumble disabled and both Sport/Track set open under all conditions.

Yeah, I licensed mine and feel it was well worth it. Exhaust stays open when I want, closed when I want, etc. I always hated the track setting quieting it down when driving. I like exhaust noise, especially when it sounds good. I did headers, hi-flo cats, mid-pipe, to the NPP.