CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Kooks LT w/Green Cats to catback (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591116)

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 10:24 AM

Kooks LT w/Green Cats to catback

Hey guys hope everyone has been keeping well during these times.
Currently I have installed kooks LT w/green cats, into factory exhaust and suitcase. Im interested in upgrading the factory system to aftermarket for more flow, due to upcoming cam, and pulley installation. My question is,
Is there any connection issues from kooks green cats to say corsa catback, or awe, or borla in terms of direct fitment? or will modifications have to be made?

Z OH 6 04-15-2021 10:26 AM

I was fortunate enough that I could slide my AWE cat back exhaust forward about 1" to make it connect to the Kooks connection pipes. You don't have a lot of room though and some may want their exhaust tips sticking out further so if you do that, you may need some very short connection pipes made to fit.

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z OH 6 (Post 10993015)
I was fortunate enough that I could slide my AWE cat back exhaust forward about 1" to make it connect to the Kooks connection pipes. You don't have a lot of room though and some may want their exhaust tips sticking out further so if you do that, you may need some very short connection pipes made to fit.

Thanks for the input! as I suspected its not quite a direct "fit"
I may have to settle for the full kooks system or xpipe to suitcase at very least.

Does anyone else have any experience with kook LT w/green cats. Truthfully I do prefer the corsa sound......

JSH 04-15-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidstone (Post 10993039)
Thanks for the input! as I suspected its not quite a direct "fit"
I may have to settle for the full kooks system or xpipe to suitcase at very least.

Does anyone else have any experience with kook LT w/green cats. Truthfully I do prefer the corsa sound......

Yes, mine has Kook LT and green cats to stock cat back, sounds awesome

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 10993041)
Yes, mine has Kook LT and green cats to stock cat back, sounds awesome

I sure do agree with you there! however once my cam is installed it do want that extra growl at idle lol. I suppose I'll just have to pick the setup I desire and roll with it.

I hope I can get some feed back on past installations : ie, filler piece required, or special type of coupling ect.....

Camaro1973 04-15-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidstone (Post 10993052)
I sure do agree with you there! however once my cam is installed it do want that extra growl at idle lol. I suppose I'll just have to pick the setup I desire and roll with it.

I hope I can get some feed back on past installations : ie, filler piece required, or special type of coupling ect.....

Kooks/Green cats are direct bolt up to all 3" Borla Cat backs.

Once you install any new cat back you'll think the stock suitcase sounds like crap. That thing sounds like a tin can/empty beer cans compared to an aftermarket cat back.

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro1973 (Post 10993054)
Kooks/Green cats are direct bolt up to all 3" Borla Cat backs.

Once you install any new cat back you'll think the stock suitcase sounds like crap. That thing sounds like a tin can/empty beer cans compared to an aftermarket cat back.

ok perfect noted! now I know borla is a bolt on option. I assume that's what you have? do you have the attack or s-type. I had the attack on my shelby FBO gt350 and it was stupid loud with valves open!

Can anyone else confirm fitment with corsa systems? I would prefer to go corsa, I find there systems to crackle more.....

Camaro1973 04-15-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidstone (Post 10993073)
ok perfect noted! now I know borla is a bolt on option. I assume that's what you have? do you have the attack or s-type. I had the attack on my shelby FBO gt350 and it was stupid loud with valves open!

Can anyone else confirm fitment with corsa systems? I would prefer to go corsa, I find there systems to crackle more.....

I had the ATAK first, just sold that to Ron here (forum member). And i have a Borla Cat Back with S-type mufflers. ATAK was just to much on the street with valves open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJwj2CatIo

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro1973 (Post 10993083)
I had the ATAK first, just sold that to Ron here (forum member). And i have a Borla Cat Back with S-type mufflers. ATAK was just to much on the street with valves open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJwj2CatIo

that sounds good! do you have drive by, and WOT footage??

Camaro1973 04-15-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidstone (Post 10993106)
that sounds good! do you have drive by, and WOT footage??

I’ve got some from dash cam but really doesn’t pickup exhaust too well. I would need a go pro attached to the rear.

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro1973 (Post 10993113)
I’ve got some from dash cam but really doesn’t pickup exhaust too well. I would need a go pro attached to the rear.

sounds like a cool activity during covid :)

Camaro1973 04-15-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidstone (Post 10993118)
sounds like a cool activity during covid :)

Ill get some flybys when its nice. re: the crackle, i have lots of it. Downshifts are snap crackle pop. Or simply letting off from high rpm.

CW3SF 04-15-2021 02:30 PM

AWE is supposed to be a bolt up to all the major headers suppliers as well.

Liquidstone 04-15-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 10993144)
AWE is supposed to be a bolt up to all the major headers suppliers as well.

is your system the resonated one? Im curious to know what yours sounds like. any clips?? I spoke to a AWE rep last year, and he had mentioned that the resonators help with the rasp.

Truly appreciating the feedback guys!