CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Stock to NPP Conversion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514721)

BIG_BEAR 11-28-2017 01:37 PM

Stock to NPP Conversion

So, when I got my 2017 2SS, it didn't come with the NPP exhaust nor the Magnetic Ride control. Is it possible for me to change out the rear fascia, install an NPP exhaust, and wire in a switch to the center console to control the mode I'm in? I've considered doing this, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the non-NPP and NPP Camaros are, so I don't know what limitations may be there, if any.

HartfordRacingCaptain 11-28-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_BEAR (Post 9991146)
So, when I got my 2017 2SS, it didn't come with the NPP exhaust nor the Magnetic Ride control. Is it possible for me to change out the rear fascia, install an NPP exhaust, and wire in a switch to the center console to control the mode I'm in? I've considered doing this, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the non-NPP and NPP Camaros are, so I don't know what limitations may be there, if any.

I'm not sure that GM sells the NPP exhaust as a separate part, unless you were referring to using some third party product?

marknagy13 11-28-2017 02:24 PM

The answer is no you cannot wire it in, but why would you want the NPP? It just allows you to go from normal to quiet. Electronic cutouts would probably be a much better option unless you're looking for a quieter exhaust.

17txcamaross 11-28-2017 03:18 PM

You could take the NPP exhaust and use it on your vehicle. Something as simple as the Mild to Wild controller could probably be used. This would not allow for Tour, Sport, Track and Stealth mode though.

MY guess is you could do NPP, but only be able to use the valves fully closed (Stealth) or Fully Open (Track...well a bit more than track).

Track normally closes at cruising speeds, but in this case you would be wide open all the time.

I personally did not think the NPP was loud enough. Now I have the MBRP Race axleback. I will either go back to NPP or some other NPP enabled exhaust once headers go on.

BIG_BEAR 11-28-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain (Post 9991157)
I'm not sure that GM sells the NPP exhaust as a separate part, unless you were referring to using some third party product?

I'm thinking of using a third party exhaust, rather than the stock NPP exhaust. I really just want the ability to swap between loud and quiet.

BIG_BEAR 11-28-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marknagy13 (Post 9991207)
The answer is no you cannot wire it in, but why would you want the NPP? It just allows you to go from normal to quiet. Electronic cutouts would probably be a much better option unless you're looking for a quieter exhaust.

I'm not looking for quieter exhaust, but rather the functionality of going from loud to silent. The stock exhaust is super boring, but I don't want to annoy my neighbors every morning as I'm leaving for classes.

BIG_BEAR 11-28-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17txcamaross (Post 9991264)
You could take the NPP exhaust and use it on your vehicle. Something as simple as the Mild to Wild controller could probably be used. This would not allow for Tour, Sport, Track and Stealth mode though.

MY guess is you could do NPP, but only be able to use the valves fully closed (Stealth) or Fully Open (Track...well a bit more than track).

Track normally closes at cruising speeds, but in this case you would be wide open all the time.

I personally did not think the NPP was loud enough. Now I have the MBRP Race axleback. I will either go back to NPP or some other NPP enabled exhaust once headers go on.

I may actually try this. I'm not looking for the intermediate functionality of NPP, just the ability to switch on the fly.

enzia35 11-28-2017 05:15 PM

Keep the stock exhaust and add in some cutouts.