CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Official: 6th Gen Camaro Production to Move to U.S. Lansing Grand River Plant (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266635)

woodside783 12-19-2012 01:53 PM

It said in the post that they are not doing away with the plant the camaro will not be made there the 6th gen

mattsfirstSS 12-19-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS (Post 5935287)
About time. I'm tired of hearing those overpaid Oshawa workers act like they're so high and mighty for watching machines build our cars. Oh, please give me a poster with some union workers name on it because they watched a machine tighten my lug nuts. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to buy my American made 50th anniversary 2017 Gen 6.

LOL because it will be sooo different here in Merica where we dont have unions or an undeserved sense of entitlement....oh wait...

LAWMAN 12-19-2012 02:05 PM

i feel like some others on here,i think it is due to the new alpha platform,i too am proud of mine that was built in Canada

KILLER74Z28 12-19-2012 02:07 PM

Much respect goes out to the Oshawa plant for the outstanding job they do every day... I have a Camaro that I will cherish for the rest of my life. :canada:

As for the 6th Gen Camaro to now be built back int U.S. :flag1: :happyanim:

meissen 12-19-2012 02:08 PM

Condolences to those in Canada as I'm sure it's a loss of something everyone there was proud of, but admittedly I'm very excited at the news. I've always dreamed about touring the Camaro plant and seeing the Camaros go down the line but because it was in Canada that was never an option (darn borders!). I look forward to the production moving to Lansing but I will say that I hope the outstanding pride, commitment, and passion for the Camaro that the Oshawa team has shown will be passed on to the Lansing team when the next-gen Camaro production begins.

b4z 12-19-2012 02:19 PM

The confirms it! 100% Alpha.

v6sonoma 12-19-2012 02:22 PM

Not sure how I feel about this. I feel bad for Oshawa because I feel it's a great source of pride for them. Not that they don't take pride in the other cars they build but the Camaro is special. I know I would love to be the guy that could point to one and say "I put the fenders on that." or "I installed that cars dash." They've done a great job over the years and have been very close to our community.

It does however make more sense for GM to consolidate the cars that are using the alpha platform all under one roof and I know SOME people out there would much rather have it be made in the USA.

I'm proud of my Canada Camaro. Even if it does have a strange way of steering me towards hockey rinks and changes the radio to play clips of the Red Green show on it's own.

:canada:

b4z 12-19-2012 02:26 PM

current cts is sigma. ats is alpha. 2014 cts will be alpha. this makes sense.
keep in mind that lansing used to make cts, sts and srx(all sigma) they need to beuild 3 cars there.

JusticePete 12-19-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 5935498)
The confirms it! 100% Alpha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 5935537)
current cts is sigma. ats is alpha. 2014 cts will be alpha. this makes sense.
keep in mind that lansing used to make cts, sts and srx(all sigma) they need to beuild 3 cars there.

There you guys go spreading rumors about future product. Stop it ;)

FenwickHockey65 12-19-2012 02:37 PM

Only question now is Alpha (ATS) or Alpha LWB (CTS).

fbodfather 12-19-2012 02:43 PM

OK - a couple of thoughts....

First - I'm very unhappy to read a couple of the comments on this thread. This should not be about making snide comments as to where we build Camaros -- that's divisive....so please, let's stop that...OK?

Second - I am proud of the men and women of Oshawa - they're doing a great job on all of the products that they build. All of them.

Third - we build RWD cars at Lansing Grand River. No one has said we're going to bring the next Gen Camaro off of Alpha or Sigma -- but I can tell you that Camaros have traditionally been RWD -- and frankly, I'll quote John Heinricy from years ago: "...the ugliest thing in the world would be to have smoke coming from the FRONT tires of a Camaro (or Firebird)..."

RWD!

Genob4c 12-19-2012 03:04 PM

Glad mine shipped last week. Wouldn't want any workers kicking my quarter panels.:emoticon12:

Seriously, Oshawa has done an awesome job with our cars. I believe they will continue to do so with other vehicles.:respekt:

Geno

Angrybird 12 12-19-2012 03:04 PM

I am just glad the Camaro has a bright future ahead of it.... It's great news for everyone. I guarantee the Oshawa plant won't suffer a bit. GM must have future product plans for it.

2001ragtop 12-19-2012 03:06 PM

I like what the GM executive said. Just because they are moving the Camaro to Lansing, does not automatically mean Camaro will have the ATS chassis.

I have wondered about that for a while. The idea that there are (2) Camaros on the lot. One is a 2014 weighing 3900. and a 2015 weighing 3400.

To me that is a drastic change. And it could "bother" the owners who have 2010-2014 models.

For this reason I have wondered what exactly they plan to do. I think people would be ecstatic to see a "new" Camaro that only weighs 3400 lbs or less. But when you do that, it makes the 2010-15 seem like those are inferior and (did not get the meaningful design it should have).

It did take time for the ATS to be developed. (Does the Gen 5 V8 fit into the ATS chassis? I have never checked on that. Surely it does. and if it doesn't, then they would make it fit for the Camaro I assume...)

Also, the ATS does not seem like it is all that wide. I'm curious what a Camaro-type of body shape would look like on that size chassis....