CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

Norm Peterson 06-20-2013 06:43 AM

T-tops didn't hit the muscle car/ponycar segment until most of the performance had been bled out of them. An appearance-oriented bone thrown to the overall concepts of youthfulness and fun that didn't really replace what made that segment hot in the first place.

That is not a good association for some of us, Smokey and the Bandit notwithstanding.

Norm

2014camaro 06-25-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPaulll (Post 6690416)
T-TOPS FOR SURE!

They just add to the overall Muscle car look.

Yes :word:

Michael2000 06-25-2013 08:48 PM

Proximity door locks and push button start.

Clutch with linearly increasing force as it reaches the floor (vs. clutch pedal pressure going down as it reaches the floor with current car).

Adjustable lumbar support, even if it is manual adjustment.

Gauges not blocked by steering wheel, and temp gauge with numeric markings.

1LE with differential cooler.

Standard HID headlights with better beam pattern.

Michael

Synerbee 06-25-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPaulll (Post 6690416)
T-TOPS FOR SURE!

They just add to the overall Muscle car look.

T-Tops didn't pass new safety regulations. Those aren't going to factory if you want them.

What the Camaro needs:
1. BETTER PAINT!!!!!! I understand it can't be lead paint, but better quality paint would be a huge improvement.
2. weight loss
3. A medium blue. Aqua blue didn't sell well, because not many people got a good look at it before it went out of production.
4. White dome light, headlights "non-rs" and fog lights. It's 2013 nobody wants those ugly color headlights.
5. better MPG. I shouldn't be get better 15 mpg especially with an intake and exhaust system in a v6. I live in a hilly area, but I rarely hit 3000 rpm let alone 2500 rpm.
6. better cup holder placement. This is for the manual guys.
7. A way to turn off AFM without voiding the warranty or paying $200+. Something like an "offroad" tune.
8. Better service departments and sales rep at dealerships, but that will take a lot more then one car generation to fix.

Wizard1183 06-26-2013 07:15 AM

Wow it seems like many on this board want a Cadillac/Audi/ insert your favorite luxury car instead of a camaro with all the comforts youre asking for. It's a MUSCLE CAR! Not a LUXURY SPORTS CAR. I say make ALL creature comforts optional. Keep AC and a radio. It'd be much easier to create the car then.

Synerbee 06-29-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard1183 (Post 6717276)
Wow it seems like many on this board want a Cadillac/Audi/ insert your favorite luxury car instead of a camaro with all the comforts youre asking for. It's a MUSCLE CAR! Not a LUXURY SPORTS CAR. I say make ALL creature comforts optional. Keep AC and a radio. It'd be much easier to create the car then.

Iff we did that the camaro be a lot more expensive on our end. The less options we have,the cheaper they can produce the car.

Norm Peterson 06-29-2013 08:19 AM

Sorry, but I'm with Wizard on this one.

If you're a pure muscle car/pony car/sports car fan, or remember when driving did not mean having to have all kinds of luxury and technology items present, you understand this.

Those who don't have allowed themselves to become spoiled. It's a shame that the leading edge of that group of folks is dragging the feature content ever upward. And downright annoying that sometimes in order to get a single option that you do want that you have to put up with one or more that you don't even want being there on your car.

Norm

LSXaddict 06-29-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 6731293)
Sorry, but I'm with Wizard on this one.

If you're a pure muscle car/pony car/sports car fan, or remember when driving did not mean having to have all kinds of luxury and technology items present, you understand this.

Those who don't have allowed themselves to become spoiled. It's a shame that the leading edge of that group of folks is dragging the feature content ever upward. And downright annoying that sometimes in order to get a single option that you do want that you have to put up with one or more that you don't even want being there on your car.

Norm

:word:

Just little common sense things like Stereo, AC, Power windows+locks, USB and AUX port, and cruise control. Everything else should be optional.

bigssc 06-29-2013 11:03 PM

offer recaro seats as an ss option
autos and manuals same hp and tq
offer different grill options (front bow tie delete option)
improve my link tech (and have a cd insert, i still like my cd's lol)
drop the price a little!
keep kicking mustang and challenger ass ;)

buckeyemike 06-30-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXaddict (Post 6732556)

Just little common sense things like Stereo, AC, Power windows+locks, USB and AUX port, and cruise control. Everything else should be optional.

lol that's a lot to keep in if you're talking bare bones. My LS had all that in it except the USB, am I muscle car now?

Mamooth 06-30-2013 07:28 AM

Wish list:

1: Look amazing
2: Perform like a thousand dollar an hour hooker.

Done.

ok ok, for realy though:

1: Stripped version of SS like the z/28. I mean stripped, too. crank windows, manual race buckets, no sound deadening, a/c optional, crappy one speaker radio, the works. With all the same mechanical parts as whatever the 1LE SS equivalent will be.

2: Wider range of engine options. Options are always good. Some people want to be a bad ass, some people just wanna look good and cruise. Let everyone be happy.

3: For the sake of all that is good two inches more head room or a lower seat!!!

4: no seat belt snaps on seats. Annoying-ish

5: A free one for anyone who's forum name is Mamooth.

Norm Peterson 06-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXaddict (Post 6732556)

Thanks.

It seems that there are various interpretations of "stripped", as my own list is shorter still.

A/C is a virtual necessity even if you don't have heat stress issues - it's the fastest way to clear a fogging up windshield (A/C + heat, with defrost and outside air) and in this part of the country is worth it for that reason alone. As a "paint-saver", remote lock/unlock has some legitimate purpose, so that can stay. As can the power windows - when it wasn't such a physical stretch/contortion to reach the passenger side door from the driver seat, manual-crank windows weren't entirely unreasonable.

The stereo does need to have CD capability, as that is a whole lot easier for some of us to deal with than USB or AUX inputs.

Cruise . . . no need for it. Why I even bother checking it every couple of years to see if it still works is a mystery now that I stop to think about it. My wife never uses it at all (not sure she even knows how).

Norm

buckeyemike 06-30-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamooth (Post 6734129)
Wish list:

4: no seat belt snaps on seats. Annoying-ish

What I would rather have is one that fastens it to the side of the seat vs the side bolster of the back.

MikesZ 07-01-2013 10:22 AM

1) 3300 pound curb weight for the base car with ATS-like dimensions
2) Keep the black steelie rally wheels. They are iconic Chevy base wheels.
3) Keep the 300+ V6 as the base motor.
4) Lower beltline somewhat for improved visability.
5) Improve the interior materials without going overboard.
6) Improve the paint quality.