CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

70camaro 01-22-2013 04:58 PM

Bring back the z28

tsnow 01-22-2013 05:07 PM

then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 05:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Just a hypothetical I wanted to raise. :)

The 5th gen is one of, if not the most structurally rigid chassis GM has ever produced. The Mustang doesn't even come close to this. And you can tell by the weight difference. If history repeated itself...with a smaller difference...I'd still be pretty happy. Especially if we end up on the ATS version of the Alpha platform...that formula can/will produce a 3300-3500 lb car. I4 => V8

camaro2lt 01-22-2013 05:26 PM

paint quailty(currently BAD)
Digital gauges and spedo cluster
folding mirrors with leds
led taillights
customizeable HUD
optional factory performance options
magnectic ride option on all v8&v6 models
v6 twin turbo

JJ#48Racing 01-22-2013 05:38 PM

Wow some of you guys are quite unrealistic with your wish list.

I'd like to see a 6th gen SS with:
- Less than 3600 lbs
- LT1
- 7-speed manual w/rev matching
- Brembo brakes
- At least a 275 width tire
- 1SS Base price of less than 35k

The rest is just details. Hopefully that's not too much to ask.

Vroom_vroom 01-22-2013 06:07 PM

Don't let the legal department build the car!!!!
If its fast its bad ass, bad ass sells

The only thing that irritates me unreasonably so is the cup holder. If you have a m6 they are useless. They need to be deeper so you can actually shift the car with a cup of coffee.

7CAMARO7 01-22-2013 06:23 PM

make a camaro version of the "z07," package

more carbon fiber and/or stripper version

make the car visually as/or more menacing than the '13 and newer gt500

racing seats

better looking exhaust tips

corvette exterior door handles

launch control that will out launch any driver

The IOM Ninja 01-22-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnow (Post 6069158)
then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.

I seriously doubt that Ford is going to let the Mustang gain weight... IRS doesn't automatically mean it will be a heavier car. It's pretty much a given that the car is going to be shrunk down a bit (and that alone will help with weight), will it be 100, 200, 300, 400 pounds? Only the engineers know but I'm sure they will make it stiffer too. I seriously doubt it will be anymore than 300 across the board though. The word is that it is going to be on a S197 2.0, so they just have to improve on the current chassis which after 10 years you can pretty much ensure they know what to fix...

I seriously doubt that the 6th Gen Camaro will be significantly lighter than the 5th Gen Mustang. The V6 ATS is within 100lb's of the current Mustang so possibly 50-100 LBS's less for the Camaro (just guessing)...

It's more than anything with the next gen's going to come down to a few things:
1. Fanboyism/Brand Loyalty
2. Which Car is Personally Better Looking/Fits the Buyer Better (Subjective Obviously)
3. Which is Cheaper

JBruno88 01-22-2013 07:08 PM

Where do I start... Weight is obviously first, less than 3500lbs would be great. A functional sun visor would be nice. Factory paint with out nearly as much orange peel as on the 5th gens would be a really nice upgrade too.

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6069486)
I seriously doubt that Ford is going to let the Mustang gain weight... IRS doesn't automatically mean it will be a heavier car. It's pretty much a given that the car is going to be shrunk down a bit (and that alone will help with weight), will it be 100, 200, 300, 400 pounds? Only the engineers know but I'm sure they will make it stiffer too. I seriously doubt it will be anymore than 300 across the board though. The word is that it is going to be on a S197 2.0, so they just have to improve on the current chassis which after 10 years you can pretty much ensure they know what to fix...

I seriously doubt that the 6th Gen Camaro will be significantly lighter than the 5th Gen Mustang. The V6 ATS is within 100lb's of the current Mustang so possibly 50-100 LBS's less for the Camaro (just guessing)...

It's more than anything with the next gen's going to come down to a few things:
1. Fanboyism/Brand Loyalty
2. Which Car is Personally Better Looking/Fits the Buyer Better (Subjective Obviously)
3. Which is Cheaper

In our conversation, I think both myself and tsnow was assuming both cars would loose some weight. But if it gains an IRS, the Mustang will undoubtedly loose less than what it could if they stayed with a SRA. So, by extension...I think all three of us agree with the probability that both cars could weigh within a hundred pounds or two of each other. :thumbsup:

I would alter your list, though...just a little:

1. Brand Loyalty
2. Design/Emotional connection
3. Value
7. Cost.

I do that only because sales seem indicate that people who have no brand loyalty (and even some who do) would rather buy the more expensive vehicle (Camaro), even without incentives, for one reason or another...I believe that reason to be entirely related to the design and feel of the car when driving.

If Chevy does a good job again, like they did with this car...cost will have less to do with it than we all would tend to think it does.

cwatson6 01-22-2013 07:15 PM

Higher roofline would be nice.

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwatson6 (Post 6069703)
Higher roofline would be nice.

A higher roofline? Or more headroom?

One can ruin the look of the car...the other can make you more comfortable...:D

MJanowich 01-22-2013 07:22 PM

1. LCD gauge cluster
2. ~3500 lb target weight
3. Steering wheel - smaller, race inspired, natural hand position at 9 and 3.
4. More headroom!
5. Exhaust sound. I should make people drool.

CamaroSSpence 01-22-2013 07:26 PM

Put the Z06 in the base SS
More durable paint
I have a sun roof - I wish I had more head room for my helmet. When making laps at the track I have to put my seat into a really strange position. I am certain that makes my laps inconsistent. If I had known, I would not have gotten a sunroof.
Lose about 350lbs?
I like the looks, don't mind the rear view, gun slit side windows work for me, the lighting is great, and I only have to deal with my passengers complaints about the visors - I own sunglasses!