CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Is Chevrolet killing the Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544263)

Ethel19 12-13-2018 03:16 PM

Is Chevrolet killing the Camaro

Forgive me as I don’t know how to include the link on YouTube with this title. IS CHEVROLET KILLING THE CAMARO. However “Chevy Dude” on his channel has this title suggesting the demise of the Camaro. Any thoughts out there on this video?

VAZL1 12-13-2018 04:17 PM

Could be click bait, but interested to hear everyones thoughts

dpevans 12-13-2018 05:53 PM

If they were NASCAR would never had changed to a Camaro. they would have used the Malibu or Impala.

Number 3 12-13-2018 07:45 PM

With the CT5 and 4 coming it’s doubtful they are killing the Camaro. What is doubtful is the future with a Gen7.

Bhobbs 12-13-2018 08:28 PM

I don’t see the Camaro being killed off just yet. I’m more curious how GM plans to handle the trims above the SS with the Corvette likely moving to TT DOHC V8s.

Jeffro19 12-13-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 10384201)
I don’t see the Camaro being killed off just yet. I’m more curious how GM plans to handle the trims above the SS with the Corvette likely moving to TT DOHC V8s.

Yeah I am very curious where they will go with the next hipo camaro whether it’s called ZL1 or Z28. I’m sure it will be the ZL1 since the Z28 should not have forced induction but who knows that may change. I wouldn’t mind the TT V8 from the mid engine vette to make its way into the camaro :)

AZCamaroFan 12-13-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpevans (Post 10384088)
If they were NASCAR would never had changed to a Camaro. they would have used the Malibu or Impala.

yeah the Impala was a safe bet.

psst: see last weeks news.

nitrojedi 12-13-2018 09:28 PM

I don't think the refreshed Camaro is going to sell overly well in any trim...if it didn't sell well with the original gen 6 refresh its definitely not going to this time around, not a single one looks better then what they replace.....IMO they didn't market these cars properly and they were quite expensive... I was late to the Camaro and I had no idea a Gen 6 was a whole new car, to me it looked the same but a little sleeker then a gen5 ...as an average Joe I had no idea it was a whole new car ..Chevy did not let me know that this new Gen6 was a world class sports car, lighter smaller and completely redesigned over the last gen, better in every way.... Anyways my fingers are crossed they do a Gen7...but if sales of this Gen6 have anything to say about the likelihood of a Gen7 I wouldn't feel too optimistic, I think this refresh is going to tank badly in all trims

CCG Garnet Red 12-13-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpevans (Post 10384088)

NASCAR vehicles are no where close to any street car they try to represent. Nothing but decals on hand built vehicles to make them look like a Camaro, Mustang, or some Dodge. I used to watch NASCAR to lead me to a Sunday afternoon nap. Haven't watched in years. It's in real decline with more seats covered by tarps than those with fans in them.

455/455 12-13-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro19 (Post 10384206)
Yeah I am very curious where they will go with the next hipo camaro whether it’s called ZL1 or Z28. I’m sure it will be the ZL1 since the Z28 should not have forced induction but who knows that may change. I wouldn’t mind the TT V8 from the mid engine vette to make its way into the camaro :)

I still don’t understand why the Z28 has to be forced induction? Why not just make the Z the top Camaro?? Camaro’s didn’t have anything supercharged or turbocharged for 40+years but now Z has to be naturally aspirated? Just make the Z the top of the line Camaro.

Bosse'sBoss 12-13-2018 10:24 PM

The 6th gen is a great piece of engineering with its amazing platform design, beating more expensive euro competition. Hopefully the Camaro continues, probably improved esthetics could help, because the performance functionality is already there, thanks to Al O. and his team of engineers that did a much better job than the Corvette's engineering department.

fastball 12-13-2018 10:48 PM

Once they put any kind of electric assist or propulsion in it and add any kind of battery other than the standard 12v lead-acid and eliminate your ability to change real gears, either with paddles or a real gear lever, then yes the Camaro is dead. Even if there’s a 10 cent piece of plastic on the deck lid that says “Camaro”

Bhobbs 12-13-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 455/455 (Post 10384283)
I still don’t understand why the Z28 has to be forced induction? Why not just make the Z the top Camaro?? Camaro’s didn’t have anything supercharged or turbocharged for 40+years but now Z has to be naturally aspirated? Just make the Z the top of the line Camaro.

That's like saying the Camaro doesn't have to be RWD and they can just release a FWD Camaro. It's just the way things should be.

nitrojedi 12-13-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss (Post 10384286)
The 6th gen is a great piece of engineering with its amazing platform design, beating more expensive euro competition. Hopefully the Camaro continues, probably improved esthetics could help, because the performance functionality is already there, thanks to Al O. and his team of engineers that did a much better job than the Corvette's engineering department.

I love my 2018 SS...its a great car and pretty much everything I would ask for...I haven't regretted the purchase for a second