CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   New 2SS Owner Checking In! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572909)

cdubbs 04-03-2020 11:10 PM

New 2SS Owner Checking In!

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, sorry if this comes off as cheesy,

I have always been a sports car guy at heart, ever since I first owned a Firebird about 15 years ago. Since then I've bought boring cars and was told over and over how I needed a truck, and went down that road for 5 additional years.

But nothing has ever felt "right" when I drive... well at least until this Monday. I am proud to say I am back where I always wanted to be, just got a killer deal on a new 2020 2SS in riverside blue.. still smiling ear to ear. Feel like I stole the car.

The options it has are:
-> Carbon flash ground effects
-> 10 Speed trans (Like to drive manual but it really does suck in traffic)
-> Dual exhaust
-> Carbon Metallic Blade Spoiler
-> Nav infotainment system
-> Carbon fiber fuel door
-> Gray painted aluminum wheels

Now I have done some things since the pictures below, right off the bat. I went ahead and installed tint and have ordered a set of MRR M017s in gloss black (installing w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports). I think the look of the 1LE rims are the best looking for the Camaro and I wanted to pick up something close that wasn't $2.6-3k. Can't wait to put them when everything comes in tomorrow, can't beat blue on black.

So I do have one big question.... what to do next? Is there any "must have" mods for the Camaro? Open to most things, as long as they don't take too much effort and don't mess with the warranty. Not really looking to have to tune the car either. Would appreciate to hear what all you guys/gals think!
(Will also be doing a full paint correction and clear bra in about a month)

2SS Capt 04-03-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdubbs (Post 10759883)

I have always been a sports car guy at heart, ever since I first owned a Firebird about 15 years ago. Since then I've bought boring cars and was told over and over how I needed a truck, and went down that road for 5 additional years.

But nothing has ever felt "right" when I drive... well at least until this Monday. I am proud to say I am back where I always wanted to be, just got a killer deal on a new 2020 2SS in riverside blue.. still smiling ear to ear. Feel like I stole the car.

The options it has are:
-> Dual exhaust

Now I have done some things since the pictures below, right off the bat. I went ahead and installed tint and have ordered a set of MRR M017s in gloss black (installing w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports). I think the look of the 1LE rims are the best looking for the Camaro and I wanted to pick up something close that wasn't $2.6-3k. Can't wait to put them when everything comes in tomorrow, can't beat blue on black.

So I do have one big question.... what to do next? Is there any "must have" mods for the Camaro? Open to most things, as long as they don't take too much effort and don't mess with the warranty. Not really looking to have to tune the car either. Would appreciate to hear what all you guys/gals think!

Nice ride, I bought a 2020 2SS this year as well!

2 mods I really like for looks are the Diode Dynamics Smoker LED Marker lights and the Phastek Hero Smoked Rear Reflectors...

Here are the Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Markers (off & on)

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=164912

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=164913

Here are the rear reflectors being changed out (left side new, right side OEM)

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=164421

PeteSS2018 04-03-2020 11:22 PM

My 'must have' is a set of lowering springs. I got Eibachs that gave just over an inch drop. Totally fine with speed humps, but gotta be careful with parking front in to kerbs. However the firmer ride and far, far better looks without all the air gap between tyres and guards is a must have for me. Congrats on the car by the way!!

2SS Capt 04-03-2020 11:24 PM

Other mods I did that I am very happy with...

GM Performance Cold Air Intake (sounds great and gives a big "WOW" factor when you open the hood), GM Perfomance Black Strut Tower Brace, Mishimoto Catch Can and the Custom Vehicle Plaque for the fuse box cover... All VERY easy to install...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=164466

GroundhogSS 04-03-2020 11:28 PM

Congrats on the new SS. Looks great. Second the suggestion of the CAI and the plaque.

cdubbs 04-03-2020 11:34 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! Looks like there is plenty of easy stuff to still knock out..

Bruiser0311 04-04-2020 06:36 AM

Excellent you will definitely enjoy your Camaro!!!! Definitely recommend having the GM performance cold air intake installed. Good luck with her!

He11bent 04-04-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

The options it has are:
-> Dual exhaust

First thing i did was have the local shop order and install the pearl white stripes! there is a section here on all the different ones people have.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=163863

Supaa_ant 04-04-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

The options it has are:
-> Dual exhaust

Very nice, enjoy !

Silverado57 04-04-2020 07:57 AM

Congratulations and good luck!

LT4Greg 04-04-2020 08:04 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the 6gen forum! The only mod I would do is the Chevy Performance CAI so you can retain your warranty! I really love that Riverside Blue and the carbon flash parts look good too!!��

arpad_m 04-04-2020 09:31 AM

cdubbs, congratulations and :welcome: to the forums. Nice new wheels, too :thumbsup:

As to additional mods, here's a bunch that I did, it may give you some ideas (leaving performance mods out as you said you didn't want to mess with the warranty):

Exterior
  • US flag quarter window decal (from DecalConcepts)
  • RPI Designs black premium splash guards (essential with wider wheels/tires or you can kiss your rocker panel paint goodbye)
  • 1LE dark taillights and 3rd brake light
  • All-LED bulb upgrades (reverse, front turn signals, side markers, trunk, license plate)
  • Black SS badges
Interior
  • Sport pedal covers w/dead pedal
  • Heritage center console lid
  • GM spectrum footwell lighting kit
  • ZL1 carbon fiber dash panel
  • ZL1 start button
  • Lloyd Ultimat floor mats
  • Blackvue front+rear dash cams
  • Uniden radar detector

LT4Greg 04-04-2020 09:32 AM

Those wheels you have are a $200.00 option! They look good too!

Callaway SC630 04-04-2020 05:30 PM

Trunk pull-down strap or cord.