CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   SPL SUSPENSION PARTS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570508)

Stephen12ZL1 09-04-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabjbr (Post 11224110)
SPL rear toe rods with eccentric lockout

Just installed them (along with solid subframe bushings) and have a couple questions before I get an alignment. Thanks in advance!

1) The kit came with a pair of bolts and nuts. Do I use them for the subframe side? The instructions state to reuse OEM bolts at both the knuckle and subframe but then I wonder, why did SPL provide these??

* My gut tells me this is an error. They’re probably issuing the same instructions for both the rod-only package and the set with lockouts.

2) Should I use jam nuts in addition to the Allen bolts? If so, what are the sizes and where can I get a set? With one side having reverse threads, I’m guessing no one local store will have hem.

3) I’ve heard concerns of squeaking in the future so I picked up a can of Amsoil HD-MP. I guess I’ll spray some on after the alignment? Anything else I should do for protection?

factory bolt closest to the tire end of the toe rod and new bolt/nut on the subframe side with the eccentric lockout plate (square) placed in the slot.

Dabjbr 09-04-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 (Post 11224548)
factory bolt closest to the tire end of the toe rod and new bolt/nut on the subframe side with the eccentric lockout plate (square) placed in the slot.

Thanks for the confirmation! I figured that made the most sense and did exactly that. Now doing the strut mod up front so I can get a little more camber all around.

Going slow because Northern California is on fire. 111 tomorrow and 112 Tuesday. Luckily we catch a break with a mild 108 Wednesday :/

Texan4iu 09-07-2023 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone installed these bushings? If so, how was the install? My stock bushings are getting soft & will need to replace in the near future.

That1guy_tim 09-07-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan4iu (Post 11356432)
Has anyone installed these bushings? If so, how was the install? My stock bushings are getting soft & will need to replace in the near future.

Probably the hardest one to change.. Its a PITA

Texan4iu 09-07-2023 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That1guy_tim (Post 11356459)
Probably the hardest one to change.. Its a PITA

Well crap!! Not what I wanted to hear. Lol

carguy55 09-07-2023 09:14 PM

Remember most of the OEM suspension bolts are TTY and need to be replaced with new ones, this includes when SPL says "using OEM hardware". Look at the suspension part number mega thread for more details or the service manual.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...y#post10210721

Texan4iu 01-30-2024 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanted to give a quick update on the SPL Front Caster Rod Bushings (see pic above) and increased caster. Got them installed and new alignment settings. Went to ECR on Saturday and car felt amazing. No issue with bump steer as I was concerned having > 9* caster might cause that. Car felt better than ever.

That1guy_tim 01-30-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan4iu (Post 11399980)
Wanted to give a quick update on the SPL Front Caster Rod Bushings (see pic above) and increased caster. Got them installed and new alignment settings. Went to ECR on Saturday and car felt amazing. No issue with bump steer as I was concerned having > 9* caster might cause that. Car felt better than ever.

How'd the swap go ?

Texan4iu 01-30-2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That1guy_tim (Post 11400114)
How'd the swap go ?

I didn’t even try it bc you said it was a PITA. 👍 I did hear them say they were putting the bushings in the freezer before installing them. I’m guessing that shrinks them a tad so they’ll go in easier?