CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Opinions on 2018 1SS buyback (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566592)

yoteslayer 12-09-2019 10:46 PM

Opinions on 2018 1SS buyback

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. Back again, I posted awhile back about a similar car. This one is a black 2018 1SS, 6 speed car, NPP exhaust, with 18,000 miles. It still has 14 months/ 17,606 miles on the warranty as well. The car has a lemon/buyback on the title; however, they are only asking 22,995 for it. I ran the Carfax on it and it is still booking for 27,920, I am going to swing by a local dealership in the morning to see if I can't get any of the vehicle records to see why it has a buyback/lemon brand. I plan to keep whatever 6th gen I find myself in for a very long time. That being said, I am not to worried about the branded title as long as everything functions on the car properly. Let me know what y'all think. Link below!

c4racer 12-09-2019 10:56 PM

I don’t got there ever. But I sell cars often. It’s hard enough selling a car without that baggage.

caSStro18 12-09-2019 11:00 PM

From the pictures it looks okay. There's something weird going on with the back seat. Can't really tell from the photo, but it looks damaged somehow. Find out why it has a branded title like you said and go from there. If you plan to keep it for a long time a branded title is no big deal depending on the reason. I'm not sure of this answer, but if there is a problem related to the reason it as branded, are the repairs still covered under the warranty? I would imagine they would still be covered. I was just curious. It was likely a buyback because the problem could not be fixed? Again, I'm not that familiar with lemon law facts.

LT4 12-09-2019 11:08 PM

Everything has a price, regardless of title branding. If the car had no branded title, these go for about $30K in the southern states. If you can beat him down to $20K, then it doesn't make much difference what the buyback is for. It is still under warranty, but you won't be able to get extended warranty.

You need to find out more about the reason for buyback, and check the state where the buyback occurred (they all have different rules and allowances for what can be a buy back). That is a killer price for a low mileage 2018. If you plan to keep it a long time, you may want to grab it, and remove the link from your post while you are thinking about it.

STYLO LT1 12-09-2019 11:33 PM

Yoteslayer- I am somewhat familiar with the Lemon law as it pertains to NJ. For a car to be deemed a lemon or even considered one, it must be something that mechanically impairs the vehicle’s ability to be driven safely. A dealership is permitted at least 3 attempts to correct such problem, if it’s not corrected then said customer can choose to use the lemon law provision to his advantage. For the most part it’s a mechanical thing that deems a vehicle a lemon here in NJ. Just keep in mind that a mechanical issue that could not be properly repaired is what may have led to that car being deemed a lemon.

BlackbeastSS2 12-09-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 (Post 10676729)
Yoteslayer- I am somewhat familiar with the Lemon law as it pertains to NJ. For a car to be deemed a lemon or even considered one, it must be something that mechanically impairs the vehicle’s ability to be driven safely. A dealership is permitted at least 3 attempts to correct such problem, if it’s not corrected then said customer can choose to use the lemon law provision to his advantage. For the most part it’s a mechanical thing that deems a vehicle a lemon here in NJ. Just keep in mind that a mechanical issue that could not be properly repaired is what may have led to that car being deemed a lemon.

In other words, “stay clear of the that car”

caSStro18 12-10-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

It’s interesting that they can still sell a car that has been deemed unsafe to drive. How do they get away with that?

c4racer 12-10-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caSStro18 (Post 10676741)
It’s interesting that they can still sell a car that has been deemed unsafe to drive. How do they get away with that?

They fix it first. So they say.

LS6-M22 12-10-2019 12:39 AM

Does the back bumper have a Formula V8 sticker circa 1993-97 on it???

yoteslayer 12-10-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caSStro18 (Post 10676721)
From the pictures it looks okay. There's something weird going on with the back seat. Can't really tell from the photo, but it looks damaged somehow.

I noticed that! Not sure what is going on there but will get more info and pictures tomorrow.

yoteslayer 12-10-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS6-M22 (Post 10676743)
Does the back bumper have a Formula V8 sticker circa 1993-97 on it???

That is indeed a early 4th gen firebird formula decal:iono:

yoteslayer 12-10-2019 01:20 AM

Upon looking at the Carfax the car is not branded as a lemon but it is a buyback car as of recently. 11/27/2019 is when the buy back was reported.

LT4 12-10-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Lemon laws have nothing to with that. They pertain to the owner of a car not being able to use a car he bought new because its in the shop for x amount of times, or 3 times for the same thing, etc. Nothing to do with safety. That's for recalls.

laynlo15 12-10-2019 06:08 AM

Spend an extra 5k on one that's not listed as you described. Just think about what you'll be offered if you had to trade it back in or try to resell it. That should be enough to keep you away from it.