CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Paint Sealant. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539165)

ItsChristianInHD 09-21-2018 04:25 PM

Paint Sealant.

Give it too me straight. I want to get a paint selant for the Camaro and the Mustang. I want something that is easy for a noob but is the best.
1. Jet Seal by Chemical Guys.
2. CarPro Essence and reload.
3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss.
4. Black Fire.
What’s your expirences? What’s the best for a noob?

EMTNLSS 09-21-2018 07:28 PM

Out of those options I would definitely do the Essence Reload combo.

ItsChristianInHD 09-21-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMTNLSS (Post 10318123)
Out of those options I would definitely do the Essence Reload combo.

Awesome, What would be the second?
Is jet seal any good?

DaveC113 09-21-2018 10:35 PM

Adams and Chem Guys work well, not too $$ if you wait for sales to buy. I'd start by washing with a soap that will remove old waxes or coatings, then use the sealer. You can also consider a wax to use after the sealer, plus quick detailer for maintenance after washes. It's also good for removing bird droppings.

My current opinion is that unless you want to make cleaning your car into a hobby it's best to let a pro polish and seal/ceramic your car once a year. It's hard on your body to do it all by hand. Costs $125-150 for exterior detail w/polish+sealer, I haven't used or had a ceramic applied. I maintain this mostly by using Chem Guys VO7 quick detailer after a wash, sometimes the buttery wax if I feel I need to do more work. The QD is also good for wiping the edge of the doors, trunk, etc after a wash.

Ceramic leaves behind a hard coating, this could be a good idea because of how soft modern auto paint is. I may give it a shot on the areas I didn't clear bra...

Gunkk 09-22-2018 06:40 AM

Title says sealant but content suggests polish.... IMO, noobs shouldn't bother with a polish until they know what they're doing. For some this might just be a careful read of Glen's work plus a few hours of youtube. For others, practice.

For sealants only, I'd suggest starting with Carpro Reload. On my DD it lasts about 2-3 months in the wet season here if I don't park under the oak trees at work with this method:

1. 2 bucket wash with Dawn dish detergent. It's important to have clean bare paint for the polydimethylsiloxane in the sealant to bond to, otherwise you'll have greatly diminished useful life of the sealant (days/weeks instead of months).

2. Leaf blower dry if you have one, otherwise towel dry.

3. Apply full strength Reload as a spray-n-wipe with a good 500 g/sm plush microfiber towel. Reload can be used as a drying aid so the car doesn't have to be perfectly dry. Use another dry MF towel to remove the excess (light pressure).

4. If the surface feels slick, almost oily to the touch, then you did it right.

torqueaddict 09-22-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD (Post 10317987)
but is the best.

That's a tough one. Today, they're all good IMO,even the cheap stuff at Autozone. I had bad luck with Reload's resistance to rain, but it could've been a bad batch or maybe the way I prepped the car as others have had nothing but praise for it.

I'm a Chem. Guys V07 convert. I use their wash, wax and quick detailer/sealant and they're working much better for me and goes on easy. Their Jet Seal is also excellent from the reviews and videos I've seen.

All of these should be noob friendly.

SSport16 09-22-2018 09:03 AM

Anything that is silica based like Reload.

ItsChristianInHD 09-22-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 10318358)
Title says sealant but content suggests polish.... IMO, noobs shouldn't bother with a polish until they know what they're doing. For some this might just be a careful read of Glen's work plus a few hours of youtube. For others, practice.

For sealants only, I'd suggest starting with Carpro Reload. On my DD it lasts about 2-3 months in the wet season here if I don't park under the oak trees at work with this method:

1. 2 bucket wash with Dawn dish detergent. It's important to have clean bare paint for the polydimethylsiloxane in the sealant to bond to, otherwise you'll have greatly diminished useful life of the sealant (days/weeks instead of months).

2. Leaf blower dry if you have one, otherwise towel dry.

3. Apply full strength Reload as a spray-n-wipe with a good 500 g/sm plush microfiber towel. Reload can be used as a drying aid so the car doesn't have to be perfectly dry. Use another dry MF towel to remove the excess (light pressure).

4. If the surface feels slick, almost oily to the touch, then you did it right.

It’s really coming down to reload or Jetseal for me.

ItsChristianInHD 09-22-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torqueaddict (Post 10318398)
That's a tough one. Today, they're all good IMO,even the cheap stuff at Autozone. I had bad luck with Reload's resistance to rain, but it could've been a bad batch or maybe the way I prepped the car as others have had nothing but praise for it.

I'm a Chem. Guys V07 convert. I use their wash, wax and quick detailer/sealant and they're working much better for me and goes on easy. Their Jet Seal is also excellent from the reviews and videos I've seen.

All of these should be noob friendly.

I want to try it (jetseal).

ItsChristianInHD 09-22-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSport16 (Post 10318431)
Anything that is silica based like Reload.

I’m really thinking about it. For a dawn dish soap strip how much do you ad to the bucket?

ItsChristianInHD 09-22-2018 09:55 AM

I have to wait 30 days to wax or anything since my bumper has been repainted but here’s my plan.
Strip Wash with dawn.
Chip corrections.
Ultimate Polish with my Harbor Freight white and orange pads.
Reload or jetseal
Ultimate Wax.

Glen e 09-22-2018 10:17 AM

reload and essence polish are a team, dont use one without the other.

forget the ultimate wax, it'll just wash off and wont bind with the paint do to the other stuff you plan on using.....

when using a polish and top product, stay within the mfr, dont mix and match
so if you like meguires then ultimate polish and ultimate wax
or chem guys polish and jet seal
or carpro essense then reload
etc etc

Joe M 2012 2SS 09-22-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD (Post 10317987)
Give it too me straight. I want to get a paint selant for the Camaro and the Mustang. I want something that is easy for a noob but is the best.
1. Jet Seal by Chemical Guys.
2. CarPro Essence and reload.
3. Wolfgang Deep Gloss.
4. Black Fire.
What’s your expirences? What’s the best for a noob?

If the only thing you want to do is put a sealant on, none of the above.

CarPro Hydrofoam is as easy and as quick as it gets to seal your paint. Wash, rinse, pool rinse, dry what little water is left.....done.
Reapply in 3 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg2O1dnBkpo

ItsChristianInHD 09-22-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 10318502)
reload and essence polish are a team, dont use one without the other.

forget the ultimate wax, it'll just wash off and wont bind with the paint do to the other stuff you plan on using.....

when using a polish and top product, stay within the mfr, dont mix and match
so if you like meguires then ultimate polish and ultimate wax
or chem guys polish and jet seal
or carpro essense then reload
etc etc

Is Carpro THAT good Glen? Worth the money?