CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   2017 1LT Coupe Sub add without bose or amp. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515713)

Russell99 12-09-2017 03:06 PM

2017 1LT Coupe Sub add without bose or amp.

9 Attachment(s)
Just a little information for those of you that want to add a subwoofer/amp to your stock non bose system.
I had read several threads and did several online searches to find some not so accurate information. First, my camaro has no amplifier, or no amplifier that I could locate therefore I could not use Steve at ********s awesome wiring harness for non bose systems with stock amp. I searched the trunk spare tire area as well as the trunk left and right panels. I pulled the rear quarter panel trims on each side of the back seat as well as the seat back and bottom.
In the spare tire area of the trunk was a fuse block and in that fuse block is a 30 amp fuse for an AMP. If there is an amp in my car it has to be in the front area of the car. So here is what I did and it was very easy.

1. Installed an AudioControl LC2i Line output converter. I T-Tapped into the rear left and rear right speaker lines and ran those speaker wires to the LC2i speaker level inputs. Hint (you do not have to remove the entire quater panels to reach and tap into the rear speaker lines. See Pics 1, 2 and 3 the key is to use the T-Taps..... no splicing or cutting the wires).

2. Installed an old Power Acoustik 4000 watt mono amplifier that I had ordered a long time ago and never used. The install of the amp was super easy since the battery on the camaro is in the back passenger side of the trunk. I removed the foam contraption that is in the spare tire area and installed both the amp and lc2i there. See pics 4, 5 and 6.

3. I purchase from Amazon the Uriveusa 12V Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Fuse Holder with 10A, 20A Fuse [Upgraded Fuses] - (2 Pack) (Micro2 Fuse). I unplugged fuse#55 the one that controls the radio and installed the add a circuit there. See pic 7. I had to slot the fuse box for the wire to run it to the LC2i. See pic 8.

4. Ordered 12" Solarbaric L7 sub and ported sub box from amazon (Ground Shaker) and installed through the back seat into position. See final pics of install.

nearwater 12-09-2017 08:34 PM

I wish my 2SS didn't have Bose in it.. it would've been so much easier to install/add aftermarket components to it.

Russell99 12-09-2017 09:46 PM

Yes I get that Nearwater but the stock system we have has no power. The door speakers and and rear speakers sound horrible. I am ordering components for the front and some 6x9's for the rear. Seems cool that the system I have has no rear deck speakers but has the opening for them already. The bose system probably has speakers on the rear deck already. Doesn't sub thump make a plug and play adapter to add a subwoofer to the bose system. Check it out it seems simple if you have your amp in the trunk. They do I just checked and here is the link. $60 bucks and you can jack your bose to add 3 channels.

Russell99 12-09-2017 09:47 PM

http://********.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Cu...ess-clone.html

Russell99 12-09-2017 09:49 PM

Guess they don't allow links in posts. Just go to sub thump dot com and look at the 2016 and 2017 Camaro accessories and you will find both the Bose and Non Bose wiring harness adapters.

ttyler333 12-16-2017 05:10 PM

Does anyone know what that black audio connector is called? Does anyone have a part number for it?

Russell99 12-26-2017 07:35 PM

TTyler333. What black audio connector are you referencing? Are you talking about the LC2i Line output converter?

miketan 12-26-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell99 (Post 10004103)
Just a little information for those of you that want to add a subwoofer/amp to your stock non bose system.
I had read several threads and did several online searches to find some not so accurate information. First, my camaro has no amplifier, or no amplifier that I could locate therefore I could not use Steve at ********s awesome wiring harness for non bose systems with stock amp. I searched the trunk spare tire area as well as the trunk left and right panels. I pulled the rear quarter panel trims on each side of the back seat as well as the seat back and bottom.
In the spare tire area of the trunk was a fuse block and in that fuse block is a 30 amp fuse for an AMP. If there is an amp in my car it has to be in the front area of the car. So here is what I did and it was very easy.

1. Installed an AudioControl LC2i Line output converter. I T-Tapped into the rear left and rear right speaker lines and ran those speaker wires to the LC2i speaker level inputs. Hint (you do not have to remove the entire quater panels to reach and tap into the rear speaker lines. See Pics 1, 2 and 3 the key is to use the T-Taps..... no splicing or cutting the wires).

2. Installed an old Power Acoustik 4000 watt mono amplifier that I had ordered a long time ago and never used. The install of the amp was super easy since the battery on the camaro is in the back passenger side of the trunk. I removed the foam contraption that is in the spare tire area and installed both the amp and lc2i there. See pics 4, 5 and 6.

3. I purchase from Amazon the Uriveusa 12V Car Add-A-Circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Fuse Holder with 10A, 20A Fuse [Upgraded Fuses] - (2 Pack) (Micro2 Fuse). I unplugged fuse#55 the one that controls the radio and installed the add a circuit there. See pic 7. I had to slot the fuse box for the wire to run it to the LC2i. See pic 8.

4. Ordered 12" Solarbaric L7 sub and ported sub box from amazon (Ground Shaker) and installed through the back seat into position. See final pics of install.

Thanks for this! May I ask how you learned how to loosen that panel without snapping anything? I am hesistant to start prying without a plan... Also how did you route your cables?

trm0002 12-30-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell99 (Post 10004423)
Guess they don't allow links in posts. Just go to sub thump dot com and look at the 2016 and 2017 Camaro accessories and you will find both the Bose and Non Bose wiring harness adapters.

It's the h u m p that is getting filtered out. Copy and paste the following into a browser and insert the "p" at the end of subthum_ before hitting return.

subthum.com/Search-Results?keywords=2017+camaro&osCsid=1bvejbkf6fqls9 drbrfff0evg3&search_x=0&search_y=0

aland12345 01-02-2018 01:52 PM

Added a Audio Source amp and tried using slot 55 for a turn on signal. My DVM showed it hot all the time, in my 2016 Camaro convertible with stock non-Bose stereo. After about 72 hours with out driving it drains the battery... So check it out before slotting your fuse cover. I have a PAC TR-4 on order hoping that will fix issue...

Miami_1LE 02-03-2018 11:12 AM

4000 Watt, que clase mamao.

avarshav 12-21-2019 01:20 PM

anyone know the part numbers of the plugs on the rear side speakers?

Want to bump this back up. Has anyone else tried to tap into the rear side speakers like this? I'm just wanting to add a subwoofer to my 1LE and this seems like the only route. Can you get good sound this way?

Also, I would be real interested in doing this without using the wire taps on the rear speaker. I really hate the idea of doing that. I would prefer to use a harness to plug into the speaker that can then have the speaker wire plug into the harness with a couple of extra leads coming off it. Does anyone know if anyone makes such a harness? Or do you happen to know the part numbers of the male/female plugs and pins and I can make my own harness?

FragMagnet 12-21-2019 01:37 PM

You could use the Metra 72-5600 speaker wiring harness from Crutchfield. You would have to change out the ends that connect to the speaker. Use the blue coloured female spade connectors and crimp additional leads that way

avarshav 12-21-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FragMagnet (Post 10684067)
You could use the Metra 72-5600 speaker wiring harness from Crutchfield. You would have to change out the ends that connect to the speaker. Use the blue coloured female spade connectors and crimp additional leads that way

So that looks like the female connector that the factor speaker wire plugs into, I still need the male connector that goes into the speaker so I can connect the rear speaker back up. Do you know what the male connector PN is?