CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   I Ordered The Continental DWS 06 All Season Tires For My 2SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538327)

Zack46 09-10-2018 08:12 PM

I Ordered The Continental DWS 06 All Season Tires For My 2SS

Well, I'm only at 3500 miles and its nerve racking driving in the rain..So, I just ordered the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 all-season tires for my 2SS..I was going to order these next spring to replace the stock eagle F1 run flat summer tires any way...I can at least have the peace of mind that I can drive on wet roads and don't have to worry about the temperatures dipping into the 30s or 40s and the stock tires turning into hockey pucks...
It's too early to put on my ugly 18" blizzak snow tires. It's just these stock tires are terrible on wet roads.

SSJ455 09-10-2018 08:44 PM

I've had them since last November and I love them! I haven't driven it in the snow so I can't attest to how they are in the white stuff but in all other aspects they are great!

FRESHSS 09-10-2018 08:51 PM

I've had them on my stock and aftermarket wheels for about a year and a half and they've never given me trouble in rain or light snow. I will say they don't catch traction for racing as well as the stocks but that's an all season tire for you.

Zack46 09-10-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRESHSS (Post 10307546)
I've had them on my stock and aftermarket wheels for about a year and a half and they've never given me trouble in rain or light snow. I will say they don't catch traction for racing as well as the stocks but that's an all season tire for you.

:thumb:

Zack46 09-10-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ455 (Post 10307534)
I've had them since last November and I love them! I haven't driven it in the snow so I can't attest to how they are in the white stuff but in all other aspects they are great!

:thumbup:

Deputy Dog 09-10-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack46 (Post 10307494)
Well, I'm only at 3500 miles and its nerve racking driving in the rain..So, I just ordered the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 all-season tires for my 2SS..I was going to order these next spring to replace the stock eagle F1 run flat summer tires any way...I can at least have the peace of mind that I can drive on wet roads and don't have to worry about the temperatures dipping into the 30s or 40s and the stock tires turning into hockey pucks...
It's too early to put on my ugly 18" blizzak snow tires. It's just these stock tires are terrible on wet roads.

How you like'm???:pop2::iono:

at7000ft 09-10-2018 09:24 PM

Just what I am planning to get for my SS in a couple months (my oems are down to 4/32nds at 14k). I put the DWS tires on two previous performance cars and really could not tell the difference handling-wise compared to the oem summer tires. I am sure I would notice on a race track, but not in a typical mountain canyon. And compared to run-flats, quieter and smoother over the bumps. And of course in snow and wet, no comparison. You will like, let us know what you think.

Riverside2SS 09-10-2018 09:39 PM

These are the tires I plan to buy as well. Once November rolls around, it will be time for the snow around here....

Deputy Dog 09-10-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by at7000ft (Post 10307576)
Just what I am planning to get for my SS in a couple months (my oems are down to 4/32nds at 14k). I put the DWS tires on two previous performance cars and really could not tell the difference handling-wise compared to the oem summer tires. I am sure I would notice on a race track, but not in a typical mountain canyon. And compared to run-flats, quieter and smoother over the bumps. And of course in snow and wet, no comparison. You will like, let us know what you think.

Some say the Cooper Zeons are the way to go.

Baddawg53 09-10-2018 09:55 PM

I just put these tires on my ss today. I gotta say, i was not prepared for the performance difference. I'm sure it'll just take some getting used to, but his car feels sloppy, slow to respond, and it makes me nervous to take a good corner. If i wanted a soft cushy ride I would have kept my Honda Accord. I'll give them a chance, but first impression is, its a totally different car, and I don't like it..... I don't see anything high performance about them.

12camlt 09-10-2018 10:34 PM

I just purchased a 2016 2SS with only 10,000 miles. The stock Eagles were shot and so part of my deal at the dealership was to replace them. I was quite impressed that they replaced them with the DWS 06. I’ve been very happy so far with them. I live in Seattle so these tires are a must. The ride does feel better. Less jarring. I haven’t really put the hammer down yet - trying to break in the tires. So far so good tho.

CoolbreezeNJ 09-12-2018 08:50 PM

I found a set of the "Stock 2SS " Wheels on ebay and I'm going to mount BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2A/S on them for my winter setup. I had the Conti's you bought and generally they are fine until they are not and I hydroplaned in my older BMW 530 and well it was the end of them. I wasn't going better probably then 50 in rain during the winter around a mild sweeping turn and truely not thinking I'm going to slide. I guess I would buy them again but don't expect more then 30K miles out of them or perhaps less as you can't rotate them on our wheels. They were not close to the wear bars but in colder wet weather they were just not cutting it.

The BF's that I am buying I had on a previous car. They are "Good enough" in the snow yet they are not the $400 Pirelli Soto's in snow either. They are decent in snow. Good in the cold and good in the rain even cold rain. They are a pretty sticky compound in cold weather and if you put them on the first few miles you will hear them throwing stones.

Guess summarizing I was more impressed with the BF Goodrich then the Conti's .

hworth18 09-12-2018 09:29 PM

I replaced my stock runflats with these about 10k miles ago and I've been very happy with them so far. They do ride much better than the stock tires and handle great in wet or dry. I haven't run them in the snow yet but I feel that will be coming soon enough.

Number 3 09-12-2018 09:36 PM

I had them on my SS sedan and loved them. No issues in the snow.