CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   MAYBE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569955)

Punchzl1 02-11-2020 02:26 PM

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE

So i recently traded my auto ZL1 for a manual one and decided to install headers. Of course having to remove the searing shaft or whatever its called to install the driver side header, after install i got the service stabilitrack light and power searing. Well after some digging i found out my searing wheel had spinned on me from its original state. So i thought how would i know witch way it spinned? Well when backing up i noticed the guide lines on the rear view camera wer all facing to the right so i lined up the camera by turning the steering wheel, noticed wheels wer off so i lifted the front end, unbolted the bottom of the shaft, turned the wheels by hand straight bolted it back up and done all lights off! Dont know if someone already posted this but i just got my camaro back and thought this might help.

MP3BOOSTED 02-11-2020 02:38 PM

this is good to know. thank you.

radz28 02-11-2020 03:40 PM

There might also be an air bag clock spring in there that could be damaged if not centered correctly. If I recall, it was pretty much a reel, like on a fishing pole, that would wind-and-unwind with the wheel as you steered, and maintained contact from the air bag to the steering column.

Alain 02-11-2020 03:46 PM

Thank you for posting this up so others will know. One of the reasons why I love this place.

PS. Don’t forget to put up some exhaust vids

Punchzl1 02-11-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 10721988)
There might also be an air bag clock spring in there that could be damaged if not centered correctly. If I recall, it was pretty much a reel, like on a fishing pole, that would wind-and-unwind with the wheel as you steered, and maintained contact from the air bag to the steering column.

This is true but only if you go really fart out on the turns plus you will hear a pop sounds like broke plastic and will get a airbag light. But seems like the reverse camera is calibrated perfect to keeping the steering wheel within certain ammount of turns

iwk2much 02-11-2020 05:49 PM

headers

Sorry for stealing the post but I too had headers installed on my ZLE. My last vehicle with headers was ages ago - 4 cylinder at that.

I must say I was surprised(not in a good way) on the pitch of the new sound coming from the engine bay. Instead of hearing more engine growl, or whine of the blower or other noises that bring a smile to your face, I hear sounds I was not expecting. The sound is hard to describe - i guess it sounds like the resonance you would expect from a thin (thinner that the stock manifold) LT header. I wasn't expecting it. A little disappointed really. I have no leaks and the dyno output is seems to show good output.

Anyway - looking for your opinion on the sound from your header? Happy?