CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   Letters to Move SS 1LE to B Street (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507679)

JRL1LE 09-12-2017 05:24 PM

Letters to Move SS 1LE to B Street

I wrote and submitted a letter to SCCA to consider moving the SS 1LE/5th Gen Z28 and GT350 to B Street.

I know there aren't that many on here who run in A Street, but submit letters if you can to help.

Thanks

John

dontlifttoshift 09-12-2017 05:34 PM

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure it is a good one either.

Care to share the logic that you are using to support your case to SAC?

JRL1LE 09-12-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift (Post 9902943)
I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure it is a good one either.

Care to share the logic that you are using to support your case to SAC?

Outclassed in AS, can't compete with smaller, lighter C5 and C6 Z06's, too fast for F Street, so BS looks like the alternative. I ran a 2003 Z06, a 2015 SS 1LE and now this car. I included the results and findings in my letter.

How is it not a good idea, I'm pretty sure AS is faster than BS.

RUQWIKR 09-12-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRL1LE (Post 9902931)
I wrote and submitted a letter to SCCA to consider moving the SS 1LE/5th Gen Z28 and GT350 to B Street.

I know there aren't that many on here who run in A Street, but submit letters if you can to help.

Thanks

John

The President of the SCCA and his also very good co-driver ran at the Nationals in A Street. Around 30 Vettes finished ahead. Not saying the drivers that beat them were not part of it, but, at Nationals, the differences in the given vehicles show up, too.

dontlifttoshift 09-12-2017 07:47 PM

I meant, might not be good for the health of BS which is pretty healthy right now.

I came from a C5z also, curious to see how we stack up in AS in the next few events compared to where we were.

JRL1LE 09-12-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift (Post 9903117)
I meant, might not be good for the health of BS which is pretty healthy right now.

I came from a C5z also, curious to see how we stack up in AS in the next few events compared to where we were.

Got it, good point, that is why they probably won't move these cars.

apexit53 09-13-2017 07:21 AM

It doesn't hurt to write a letter. I wrote one ealier this year to get this and the GT350 moved to BS. If you have evidence/results showing it competative in BS make sure you send them as well.

I dont think they will get moved and more so because like dontlifttoshift said, BS is healthy right now. That said this has to be one of the years i can remember that an S2000 isnt near the top. If the cayman, and the m2 continue to be fast you might see a shift where numbers could suffer. After all how many want to buy a 60k BMW and autocross it lol.

Hard to say but hey its worth a shot!

FNxR3DNECK 09-13-2017 12:12 PM

The issue I see is yes the 1LEs got hammered in AS, but there was only 2 of them.

Matt was about 2 seconds off the winner on both courses which is a big gap at Nationals so yes that points towards the 1LE being well out matched. But I run with/against 4 of the Z06 guys that finished in the top 20 and they all were initially very skeptical of the 1LE's competitiveness in A-Street but after letting one of them do a few runs in my car he was able to match his time from his Z06 on the 2nd run in my car with 2 extra people in the car. So I think the 1LE is more competitive than what these results show. Would I like to see the 1LE go to B-Street? Sure, it would make my life easier haha but I think we would see a few 1LE's at Nationals next year in the hands of very good drivers destroy B-Street.

In short I think there's not enough evidence to move the 1LE to B-Street, even though the SCCA president himself saw his car get beat badly.

apexit53 09-13-2017 02:19 PM

AS currently has to go about a second faster than FS raw time to be equal on pax. Since we now have the current AS national champion in my region I can honestly say I dont think the wider wheels and tires is worth a full second but it might make for an interesting AS car. No offense to anyone trying to run them but until someone fast gets behind the wheel of one we might not know.

I would love to get Jason to run his vette and a 1LE side by side but no one locally has a prepped 1LE.

The safe bet is to keep in in AS for now, don't mess with BS until numbers start falling. I also think the v6 1LE could have a decent shot at BS but thats another story.

dontlifttoshift 09-13-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexit53 (Post 9904056)

I would love to get Jason to run his vette and a 1LE side by side but no one locally has a prepped 1LE.

I know a guy......

Waiting to see what the weather does on Sunday.....I can't imagine Miller Park wet.

Jason is more than welcome to make a few laps in the car. Then we would have a little data to make (or break) the case for BS.

apexit53 09-13-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift (Post 9904082)
I know a guy......

Waiting to see what the weather does on Sunday.....I can't imagine Miller Park wet.

Jason is more than welcome to make a few laps in the car. Then we would have a little data to make (or break) the case for BS.

looks like our local event this weekend is canceled. The brewers are playing the marlins up here this weekend because of some sort of issue down there lol.

this guy you know... is his 1LE green?

dontlifttoshift 09-13-2017 06:35 PM

Our 1LE is Blue. Sucks that the event got canceled.

apexit53 09-13-2017 07:08 PM

Hah ok good. Any green 1le I see I'm stealing ��

sholzer 09-13-2017 09:58 PM

Might see if we can run my BILs seriously next year if I end up selling the Z06. Not sure if the car can get it done in AS, but it's close and too fast for BS IMO.