CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   What happens when dealer can't figure out problem under warranty? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560229)

KirkH 08-13-2019 09:36 PM

What happens when dealer can't figure out problem under warranty?

My car has been at the dealer since July 20 with a loud ticking noise. It has 52,000 miles. The dealer replaced the lifters. Still has the noise. They don't believe it is the bad check valve like others have had. They seem to be at a dead end. Today, they called me with "Good news and bad news." The bad news is new lifters did not fix the problem. The good news is they finally have a Buick Encore loaner I can drive and at least now I can work. I'm self employed and havent been able to work without a car for 3 1/2 weeks!

So what happens now? Is there anyone I can call at GM? Will the dealer reach out to GM?

Glen e 08-13-2019 09:44 PM

The dealer has a person from gm called a field service engineer that is available for a visit and his expertise. Service manager should call him. Or you can call the customer service line and request a visit from him while you are present.

KirkH 08-13-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 10595643)
The dealer has a person from gm called a field service engineer that is available for a visit and his expertise. Service manager should call him. Or you can call the customer service line and request a visit from him while you are present.

Thank you Glen.

KirkH 08-13-2019 09:49 PM

I guess the "other" good news is: new lifters! LOL. :doh:

KirkH 08-19-2019 11:16 PM

I called the GM Customer Service line and opened a case today. They said a senior engineer would be assigned to my case and would contact me within 2 business days.

TJay74 08-20-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10595635)
My car has been at the dealer since July 20 with a loud ticking noise. It has 52,000 miles. The dealer replaced the lifters. Still has the noise. They don't believe it is the bad check valve like others have had. They seem to be at a dead end. Today, they called me with "Good news and bad news." The bad news is new lifters did not fix the problem. The good news is they finally have a Buick Encore loaner I can drive and at least now I can work. I'm self employed and havent been able to work without a car for 3 1/2 weeks!

So what happens now? Is there anyone I can call at GM? Will the dealer reach out to GM?

1st thing 1st, the dealer was required to put you into a loaner the moment the repairs required the vehicle to be held over night. not 3.5 weeks later.

if it was me I would open a case with GM Customer Care about this and have them get involved.

KirkH 08-20-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJay74 (Post 10601053)
1st thing 1st, the dealer was required to put you into a loaner the moment the repairs required the vehicle to be held over night. not 3.5 weeks later.

if it was me I would open a case with GM Customer Care about this and have them get involved.

They told me they didn’t have any loaner cars available for the first 3 weeks.

VinnAY 08-20-2019 10:21 AM

On loaners I gotten that "we don't have any" and "they're booked out for a week"...lol.

KirkH 08-20-2019 08:36 PM

GM Senior Adviser called me today. She said she spoke to the local service adviser and they still have no idea what is causing the noise. They brought in the field engineer who gave them a list of 4 things to replace and see if that fixes the noise.

THe GM Sr Adviser said she is required to contact me every 2 business days with a progress report.

TJay74 08-21-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10601060)
They told me they didn’t have any loaner cars available for the first 3 weeks.

Doesnt matter, if they dont have any on the lot loaner cars they are required to call the nearest rental car company and put you into a rental car. That is just a dealer being lazy and not taking care of the customer.

KirkH 08-26-2019 03:27 PM

I got a call today from my GM Service Adviser. She said that service is still working with engineering on the problem but the District Manager had approved a car note. I asked “what is that?”

She said that my car payments will be refunded while car is in service.

Pretty happy about that!

TRZ06 09-03-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10606266)
I got a call today from my GM Service Adviser. She said that service is still working with engineering on the problem but the District Manager had approved a car note. I asked “what is that?”

She said that my car payments will be refunded while car is in service.

Pretty happy about that!

Good call on their part.

In the end that is cheaper for them, because you would qualify for a lemon law buy back and they know it.

KirkH 09-03-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRZ06 (Post 10612194)
Good call on their part.

In the end that is cheaper for them, because you would qualify for a lemon law buy back and they know it.

It's been at the dealership for 7 weeks. I wish they'd just put a new engine in it and be done with it.

KirkH 09-04-2019 08:05 PM

I got an update today from my GM service adviser. She said there is no update in the last 7 days on my car. She said she called the dealership and they said the service manager resigned so their service is in chaos. She said she was very sorry for the frustration and she was escalating the case to her manager.

Car has been at the dealership 45 days.