CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   At what status does it become "In Transit" on Chevy.com (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605785)

geebjen 05-22-2022 06:28 PM

At what status does it become "In Transit" on Chevy.com

When does the car first show up in the inventory search on Chevy.com as "In Transit"? Does it need to be at least 4200? Or will it show up earlier at 3800, 4000, or 4B00?

Yes, I know that "in Transit" implies it has been shipped....but sometimes things don't make common sense.

CMasslt1 05-22-2022 08:01 PM

3800 Vehicle Produced means it’s built and ready for shipment, that’s when it goes to in transit. At least that’s how my rep put it.

Hankaro 05-23-2022 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebjen (Post 11177511)
When does the car first show up in the inventory search on Chevy.com as "In Transit"? Does it need to be at least 4200? Or will it show up earlier at 3800, 4000, or 4B00?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasslt1 (Post 11177535)
3800 Vehicle Produced means it’s built and ready for shipment, that’s when it goes to in transit. At least that’s how my rep put it.

"My" car was in 3800 as early as 3-21-2022. The status on chevrolet.com has *not* become "in transit." It has been...

"Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process."

...ever since. I have no idea what its current code is. I know the car went to the rail yard on May 5th. I have a feeling that chevrolet.com will be showing "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced..." until it actually arrives at the dealer.

CTS 05-23-2022 07:00 AM

It depends on the dealer website package...GM does not feed the dealers website, that's a vendor GM contracts with for dealers websites.

https://www.dealer.com/gm/websites/

geebjen 05-23-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankaro (Post 11177594)
"My" car was in 3800 as early as 3-21-2022. The status on chevrolet.com has *not* become "in transit." It has been...

"Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process."

...ever since. I have no idea what its current code is. I know the car went to the rail yard on May 5th. I have a feeling that chevrolet.com will be showing "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced..." until it actually arrives at the dealer.

Thanks for that information, but I was asking about when it shows in the Inventory Search, not what Chevy chat says about the status. Actually, knowing that Chevy chat only says "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced..." I thought it might be helpful to know whether showing up in Inventory as "In Transit" actually means that it has begun transportation or only that it has been produced.

geebjen 05-23-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTS (Post 11177611)
It depends on the dealer website package...GM does not feed the dealers website, that's a vendor GM contracts with for dealers websites.

https://www.dealer.com/gm/websites/

Thanks. I can see how that affects whether they show up on the dealer's website, that's helpful. But I'm wondering about when they show up on Chevy.com's Inventory search:
https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inventory/camaro

geebjen 05-23-2022 07:55 AM

Quote:

Ok, thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye out when mine hit's 3800 to see. It's my build week this week!

GearheadSS 05-23-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

3800 doesn't mean it's ready for shipment. It could be at 3800 and missing parts, therefore, not ready to be shipped.

Hankaro 05-23-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankaro (Post 11177594)

I just learned this car has an event code of 4300, and is still sitting there waiting to be loaded onto rail. Chevrolet.com is still providing: "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process."

Somehow, people are generally happy enough with this nonsense that the system doesn't get improved.

Hankaro 05-23-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebjen (Post 11177627)
Thanks for that information, but I was asking about when it shows in the Inventory Search, not what Chevy chat says about the status. Actually, knowing that Chevy chat only says "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced..." I thought it might be helpful to know whether showing up in Inventory as "In Transit" actually means that it has begun transportation or only that it has been produced.

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are looking for shipping status for a car you have ordered, I don't think you're going to see that using the "Inventory Search" feature. I think the program recognizes that the VIN is an ordered car and returns something like "this vehicle is not available" or something similar. I don't think you'd see a status there even if the ordered car is already at the dealer, because it's not available inventory. Maybe I'm missing something.

geebjen 05-23-2022 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankaro (Post 11177742)
I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are looking for shipping status for a car you have ordered, I don't think you're going to see that using the "Inventory Search" feature. I think the program recognizes that the VIN is an ordered car and returns something like "this vehicle is not available" or something similar. I don't think you'd see a status there even if the ordered car is already at the dealer, because it's not available inventory. Maybe I'm missing something.

Ok, here goes. Chevy chat bot can basically only tell you 3 things:
- Order isn't accepted by GM yet (1100)
- Order is accepted and moving toward production (2000-3400)
- Car is built...ask your dealer for more information (3800+)

So once you're at 3800+ Chevy chat is generally of no help. Seems less and less likely that even a live person will give you a status code or accurate shipping status.

At some point at 3800+ the car will show up in the Chevy.com inventory search as in the attached picture which says "In Transit".

I'm asking at what status...3800,4000,4B00,4200...will it show up on Chevy.com inventory with the note "In Transit". The most obvious would be 4200 or higher, since 4200 is the lowest status where the car is actually shipped...but you never know with these guys. If we knew that they only show up there at 4200, that's one more bit of information to help know how far along the car is since Chevy chat bot is useless after 3800. But if they show up immediately at 3800, then seeing the car show up in the inventory search doesn't tell you any more about how far along it is.

LeonardS 05-23-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebjen (Post 11177825)
Ok, here goes. Chevy chat bot can basically only tell you 3 things:
- Order isn't accepted by GM yet (1100)
- Order is accepted and moving toward production (2000-3400)
- Car is built...ask your dealer for more information (3800+)

So once you're at 3800+ Chevy chat is generally of no help. Seems less and less likely that even a live person will give you a status code or accurate shipping status.

At some point at 3800+ the car will show up in the Chevy.com inventory search as in the attached picture which says "In Transit".

I'm asking at what status...3800,4000,4B00,4200...will it show up on Chevy.com inventory with the note "In Transit". The most obvious would be 4200 or higher, since 4200 is the lowest status where the car is actually shipped...but you never know with these guys. If we knew that they only show up there at 4200, that's one more bit of information to help know how far along the car is since Chevy chat bot is useless after 3800. But if they show up immediately at 3800, then seeing the car show up in the inventory search doesn't tell you any more about how far along it is.

You are going to drive yourself nuts trying to figure out this system. Once you figure it out, it will change.

Hankaro 05-23-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geebjen (Post 11177825)

Just to be clear, are you saying that you've seen cars that were built for a specific customer order appearing in "inventory search?"

Slow92 05-23-2022 04:29 PM

I have directly called about 2 separate cars that were near matches to what I wanted and they were both listed on the chevy and dealers websites. Both were sold orders but still show in inventory as "In transit". I'm struggling bouncing between 3 dealers and have not been able to submit an order yet. I'm supposedly 3rd on the list at one dealer with one showing in their vip section as having been ordered. So maybe I'm 2nd in line now.