CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Supercharger dead at 23,800 miles (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602729)

GreenZLE 02-23-2022 09:48 PM

Supercharger dead at 23,800 miles

I've been hearing a bit of pulley/drive noise out of the car lately and wasnt sure if it was a pulley or rotor bearing. I took a large bath towel and covered the lid on the blower and the noise nearly vanished. Dealership told me today "it needs an intake manifold", i.e. supercharger. The bad news is there's none available. Anyone else had the same situation recently? Trying to get an idea of how long the actual wait might be.

synolimit 02-24-2022 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenZLE (Post 11138004)
I've been hearing a bit of pulley/drive noise out of the car lately and wasnt sure if it was a pulley or rotor bearing. I took a large bath towel and covered the lid on the blower and the noise nearly vanished. Dealership told me today "it needs an intake manifold", i.e. supercharger. The bad news is there's none available. Anyone else had the same situation recently? Trying to get an idea of how long the actual wait might be.

will they give you money for used? not saying its ideal but if they bought you someones take off you'd have it ASAP.

Joshinator99 02-24-2022 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synolimit (Post 11138067)
will they give you money for used? not saying its ideal but if they bought you someones take off you'd have it ASAP.

That, or great time for in upgrade… :thumbup:

GreenZLE 02-24-2022 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synolimit (Post 11138067)

Man I wish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11138081)
That, or great time for in upgrade… :thumbup:

I've thought about this but I track the car so I want to keep the warranty. If nothing comes up by April, I might reconsider.

SFV1LE 02-24-2022 10:56 PM

That’s a weird issue on a 2020, with only 23k. Did they explain what failed in the SC?

SATINSTEEL1LE 02-24-2022 11:09 PM

Send it to Kong performance. You can get it ported and rebuilt. They can put a pulley on it too.

Vigilante375 02-25-2022 09:13 AM

Well of course there isn't any "intake manifolds" available for the ZL1!

Sucks to hear but I find it hard to believe there aren't any S/C available for the LT4.

closs2sx 02-25-2022 10:00 AM

if you do upgrade stay away from whipple the 2.9 on mine lasted less than 4k miles currently waiting on a magnuson

GreenZLE 03-15-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closs2sx (Post 11138602)
if you do upgrade stay away from whipple the 2.9 on mine lasted less than 4k miles currently waiting on a magnuson

Good to know! I read about a few drive problems with them!

I got an update today, the new "intake manifold" arrived at the dealership and I'm supposed to take it in for replacement Friday!

I also asked if I could get a buyout on the warranty after the first week of waiting and was told that the intake would be showing up within 2 weeks so I never really got an answer to if that was even possible.

In any event, I'm glad I didnt have to wait too long!

KaMaRow 03-16-2022 07:27 AM

To others with parts problems . Be careful with these cars and dealers. Let me tell you a story. I knew of a guy bought new C8 from a dealer and in 4000 miles the transmission went out. The dealer told the guy it would take about 4 months to fix his car cause they couldn't get the parts. They bought the car back from him. No idea if he took a loss or not cause he paid a mark up. 4 days later the car was back for sale on the showroom fixed and with another mark up. the guy lived in another state so I know he didn't see them fix it so fast and resell it and they never put it on their web site like other cars. I honestly think they cheated the guy out of his high demand car so they could resell it again for more money. just saying be careful of them saying they cant get parts and offing to buy the car back

GreenZLE 03-21-2022 10:09 AM

The dealership got me taken care of Friday. They got on it first thing in the morning and called me right before noon to let me know it was done. I removed the builder tag off it just in case so I didnt lose it.

I was surprised how much quieter the engine was inside the car at cruising speed after picking it up. All in all, I'm pretty happy with everything as I expected a much longer wait.

Spaceme1117 03-21-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenZLE (Post 11149178)
The dealership got me taken care of Friday. They got on it first thing in the morning and called me right before noon to let me know it was done. I removed the builder tag off it just in case so I didnt lose it.

I was surprised how much quieter the engine was inside the car at cruising speed after picking it up. All in all, I'm pretty happy with everything as I expected a much longer wait.

Wow. Sounds like an actual good dealership service department. Glad they got you fixed up and quick.

Would you mind sharing which dealership this was?

HoodCheck 03-21-2022 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenZLE (Post 11138004)

Hmmm, I've got something similar I just noticed a couple days ago...just a slight intermittent squeak when at idle (but no noise when revving). I'm hoping its just an idler pulley, but I'll have to try out this towel trick. Thanks for the idea!

GreenZLE 03-21-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 (Post 11149279)
Wow. Sounds like an actual good dealership service department. Glad they got you fixed up and quick.

Would you mind sharing which dealership this was?

It was the dealership I purchased from, Marshall Chevrolet, Buick, GMC in Jerseyville, IL.

Full disclosure, I'm an in-law of the owners.