CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   The Zl1 beats the Redeye in every way (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563679)

Pantherzl1 10-14-2019 11:42 PM

The Zl1 beats the Redeye in every way

I seen someone on here claiming they want to trade in the zl1 for a redeye. I would like to refer you to a series of videos before you make a decision!
Both cars are nine stock. 650 vs 800

https://youtu.be/RT7f0bj5yg4

URBAN LEGEND 10-15-2019 05:27 AM

Why didn’t you post there?

Can'tHave2MuchHP 10-15-2019 07:07 AM

I don't want to start a war here but...It's no secret that the "lowly" Hellcat with "707" HP gives the ZL1 a hard time on roll races and 1/4 mile. On average, they're dead even in 1/4 mile but certainly a few stock Hellcats have gone quicker than any bone stock ZL1s have. If you give the Hellcat another ~90 HP, I find it hard to believe it's still dead nuts even like the video in the OP.

Markoz28 10-15-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 10640633)
Why didn’t you post there?

Some tend to overlook others reply. I think posting you own thread catches others attention better.

IneedAZ 10-15-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherzl1 (Post 10640580)
I seen someone on here claiming they want to trade in the zl1 for a redeye. I would like to refer you to a series of videos before you make a decision!
Both cars are nine stock. 650 vs 800

https://youtu.be/RT7f0bj5yg4

Which one were you driving if they were both yours? Just wondering if you swap drivers if you net the same result or tried from a lower mph or dig.

minn19 10-15-2019 10:29 AM

I guess I don't get the cross shopping of these cars. If somebody wants a very fast comfortable spacious coupe or 4 door then get the Hellcat whatever.

If not get the ZL1 of your choice if you like both straight line speed and handling.

CW3SF 10-15-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn19 (Post 10640838)
I guess I don't get the cross shopping of these cars. If somebody wants a very fast comfortable spacious coupe or 4 door then get the Hellcat whatever.

If not get the ZL1 of your choice if you like both straight line speed and handling.

I’m a Mopar and Chevy guy at heart. I went from a Gen II Viper to the ZL1. There’s two reasons why I went ZL1 over HellCat or Demon.
1. Hellcat is more of a straight line car, whereas the ZL1 can do both straight line and twisties.
2. I don’t want to see 4 other cars on the road that are just like mine, every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or Cars and Coffee.

minn19 10-15-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 10640864)
I’m a Mopar and Chevy guy at heart. I went from a Gen II Viper to the ZL1. There’s two reasons why I went ZL1 over HellCat or Demon.
1. Hellcat is more of a straight line car, whereas the ZL1 can do both straight line and twisties.
2. I don’t want to see 4 other cars on the road that are just like mine, every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or Cars and Coffee.

Agreed, hence my post as to why some cross shop these cars. After they do some quick research they should have a pretty good idea as to which they will like better. But, some just want the biggest baddest HP car from the factory they can find to, which is just fine/their money.

harner 10-15-2019 12:38 PM

Redeye/HC, or ZL1 - it's a great time to be alive. Mopar is doing a great job at taking a good design/offering and making it better. I wish Chevy would devote as much attention to the Camaro platform (ie an LT5 drag variant or something).

BlaqWhole 10-15-2019 01:36 PM

Well for starters, that was hardly a video that I would draw any solid conclusion from. And there is no telling if either car is truly "stock". Judging by the supercharger whine on the HC and comparing it to how mine sounds now with the LMI (and how it sounded when it was stock) I would suspect the HC at least has an intake on it. But anyway...

The Hellcat, in a roll race, trans to trans and with equal driver, WILL have the advantage against a ZL1. Trust me, they are incredibly fast. But that does not mean that every Hellcat will always win against every ZL1 every time. There are too many variables. A ZL1 might win here and there. But the Hellcat will have the advantage. That advantage increases dramatically when the cars are both modded similarly. Whereas the HC can hit 900s to the wheels with the stock cam and stock blower, you will need a cam and upgraded blower to make those numbers in a ZL1. And you'll likewise spend much more money doing so. I'd say at least an extra $15K to $20K on the ZL1 to get to 900 RWHP. So there's that. But the tables turn when cornering is thrown in the mix. So it comes down to if you want something that can corner or something that has the advantage in a straight line.

But again, that video shows nothing solid. If anything, it does look like the HC was starting to gain on the ZL1. If the video wasn't cut then I'm sure we would have seen the HC slowly pull by. Given enough room the HC definitely will catch up to and pass the ZL1 starting right around 100-120 MPH.

Pantherzl1 10-15-2019 02:24 PM

Well the Hellcat redeye does have 150 more horsepower then the zl1 so of course it will reel the zl1 in[/I]
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10641072)
Well for starters, that was hardly a video that I would draw any solid conclusion from. And there is no telling if either car is truly "stock". Judging by the supercharger whine on the HC and comparing it to how mine sounds now with the LMI (and how it sounded when it was stock) I would suspect the HC at least has an intake on it. But anyway...

The Hellcat, in a roll race, trans to trans and with equal driver, WILL have the advantage against a ZL1. Trust me, they are incredibly fast. But that does not mean that every Hellcat will always win against every ZL1 every time. There are too many variables. A ZL1 might win here and there. But the Hellcat will have the advantage. That advantage increases dramatically when the cars are both modded similarly. Whereas the HC can hit 900s to the wheels with the stock cam and stock blower, you will need a cam and upgraded blower to make those numbers in a ZL1. And you'll likewise spend much more money doing so. I'd say at least an extra $15K to $20K on the ZL1 to get to 900 RWHP. So there's that. But the tables turn when cornering is thrown in the mix. So it comes down to if you want something that can corner or something that has the advantage in a straight line.

But again, that video shows nothing solid. If anything, it does look like the HC was starting to gain on the ZL1. If the video wasn't cut then I'm sure we would have seen the HC slowly pull by. Given enough room the HC definitely will catch up to and pass the ZL1 starting right around 100-120 MPH.

BlaqWhole 10-15-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherzl1 (Post 10641111)
Well the Hellcat redeye does have 150 more horsepower then the zl1 so of course it will reel the zl1 in[/I]

For the record I was talking about the standard Hellcat. Not the Redeye. The Redeye is without a doubt faster than the ZL1.

Furthermore I'll repeat that the video is not long or clear enough to make a solid statement that the ZL1 will beat the RE "in every way". All we see is them both launching and then the video cuts right as it seems that the RE is going to take over. In fact I'm starting to wonder if that was just a troll video in the first place. In any case, the ZL1 with A10 and that little 1.7 liter blower will be in boost and hit full boost faster than the RE will. Which is why it should get the initial jump. But once the HC or RE gets into full song it is over. At least that is what I have seen from racing both of my cars. My Hellcat is a M6 trans tho.

SlitherByU 10-15-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 10640864)

1. Agree
2. Huh? All Camaros look the same to me unless it's gotta big wang on the back.

unavailablezl1 10-15-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlitherByU (Post 10641158)
1. Agree
2. Huh? All Camaros look the same to me unless it's gotta big wang on the back.

True, some wangs are bigger than others