CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   CANCEL WARRANTY??? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482227)

DTRMNED88 01-28-2017 08:05 PM

CANCEL WARRANTY???

Does anyone know of anywhere u can have your SS tuned without losing warranty? Mine is hiding a SHITLOAD of power and I must have it. Damn, I'm paying for it....
A Chevrolet dealer maybe???

LibertyHill 01-28-2017 08:10 PM

You cannot. The new ECUs count flashes and if GM looks and sees one they have no record of it's bye-bye warranty.

oldman 01-28-2017 09:11 PM

It has been said that the trinity diablo leaves no trace.

RacerX661 01-28-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9530133)
It has been said that the trinity diablo leaves no trace.

anyone else know if this is true??

Razzaa 01-29-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerX661 (Post 9530147)
anyone else know if this is true??

This is my comment on another thread in the bolt ons forum.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476067

Diablosport claims their method does not leave a trace as long as the stock tune is flashed back to the ECM before going to the dealer. It isn't detected by the flash counter either. Diablosport has made this claim for a long time now. The flash counter records the last 10 calibration codes flashed into the computer. But the Diablo software does not change any of the calibration codes in the cvn checksum so the count doesn't change. They also claim you can leave their tune on the car and a tech wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The tech would have to send it to an engineer to spot it was a custom tune using DS flasher.

I have yet to find any evidence of someone having their warranty voided due to a DS flasher being discovered. Do some research, if you find anything that proves otherwise please let me know.

TatsuSensei 01-30-2017 07:44 AM

Trifecta also claims it does not affect the flash counter.

Nor Cal ZL1 02-01-2017 09:38 AM

This was stated about the 5th gen as well. The fact is if your going to Mod then do it. Tuning the car ecm only for a little bit of power is just not worth it. Gm finds any way possibe to wiggle out of warranty, and I have seen a powertrain void for a catch can install. Thats a complete powertrain void.

If your going to just tune the ecm I would need some very concrete proof that they are not full of it. They need to show proof of this, not just say it. Gm is not stupid with this. A lot of people blow things up with poor tunes.

SomeGeoffGuy 02-01-2017 10:06 AM

You have to pay to play.

-Geoff

SS 1LE 02-01-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzaa (Post 9530302)
This is my comment on another thread in the bolt ons forum.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476067

Diablosport claims their method does not leave a trace as long as the stock tune is flashed back to the ECM before going to the dealer. It isn't detected by the flash counter either. Diablosport has made this claim for a long time now. The flash counter records the last 10 calibration codes flashed into the computer. But the Diablo software does not change any of the calibration codes in the cvn checksum so the count doesn't change. They also claim you can leave their tune on the car and a tech wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The tech would have to send it to an engineer to spot it was a custom tune using DS flasher.

I have yet to find any evidence of someone having their warranty voided due to a DS flasher being discovered. Do some research, if you find anything that proves otherwise please let me know.

Not sure I believe their claims though...if so why wouldn't HPT have this in their software too? Heck, why wouldn't every tuning device then?

Nor Cal ZL1 02-01-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS 1LE (Post 9536123)
Not sure I believe their claims though...if so why wouldn't HPT have this in their software too? Heck, why wouldn't every tuning device then?

Exactly. This is a great point.

DTRMNED88 11-23-2017 05:26 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Big help. Now.....how the hell can you remove the back guard behind the center a/c cents?

KingLT1 11-23-2017 07:37 PM

I have yet to hear of anybody having their warranty voided from the flash counter being tripped. Fwiw There are some dealerships honoring warranty with the GMPP Heads/Cam package...others are supposedly voiding it with a catch can install. So who knows..best advice is call all your local dealerships and feel them out.

qcman 11-26-2017 12:37 PM

Where this gets sticky is if there is say an engine failure or something serious. Thats when GM will ask to see the flash counter. I don't believe the Diablo BS for a second. I tuned my L99 2.5 years ago with a Custom Tune with a SCTX4 and have no regrets as the car is stout now. But I fully understood the risks & put my big boy pants on knowing that if the motor cacked I would likely be it for tag. So tuning can really do wonders for even a stock car but it comes with risks like any other mod does and its buyer beware. :)

camaro5 11-26-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 9989401)

You reflash the factory tune before service.

All parameters are then factory correct.

If they say the flash counter is up a couple, tell them you just plugged a scanner in to check for codes. Or a obd gps, Progressive Snapshot, or whatever.

Besides all that, without going into it too far, GM has to prove any mod caused a failure when you take GM to BBB arbitration. They don't.

j