CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   What is the truth? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548117)

UK Basketball Rocks 02-13-2019 09:28 PM

What is the truth?

I know this has probably been beat to death but I have a facebook group called "Battle of the Brands" and there is Camaro's, Mustang's, Challenger's and imports in this group and all that I ever hear is how much faster the Coyote is than our 6.2 SS Camaro's.

Whats the real truth?

or are they just blowing hot air as usual....Im sick of it:pound:

JamesNoBrakes 02-13-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK Basketball Rocks (Post 10436736)
I know this has probably been beat to death but I have a facebook group called "Battle of the Brands" and there is Camaro's, Mustang's, Challenger's and imports in this group and all that I ever hear is how much faster the Coyote is than our 6.2 SS Camaro's.

Whats the real truth?

What do you care about, going fast in a straight line, all around performance, track?

Lithias 02-14-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Whats the real truth?

Honestly it's about dead even.

The LT1 in our cars has more low end torque than the new Coyote. That's about it.

The Coyote is also having a hell of a lot more problems than the LT1 too.

mdhopt36 02-14-2019 06:10 AM

"The Coyote is also having a hell of a lot more problems than the LT1 too."

One of the big factors I went with 'bow-tie' brand!

Emoto 02-14-2019 06:22 AM

One actual truth that I can share is that you do not need, nor should you use, apostrophes to make a word plural.

Raptor Jesus 02-14-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdhopt36 (Post 10436891)
"The Coyote is also having a hell of a lot more problems than the LT1 too."

One of the big factors I went with 'bow-tie' brand!

Yeah the LT1 is almost bulletproof as they shudder down the road.

RyanR623 02-14-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus (Post 10436906)
Yeah the LT1 is almost bulletproof as they shudder down the road.

The LT1 is an engine, the torque converter is what shudders.

The GT boys are having a ton of issues with piston slap and engine knock. It's on about every newer GT, and just like chevy, no fix (that I've seen).

TC's are a lot easier to replace than engines.

Martinjlm 02-14-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Whats the real truth?

A properly equipped Mustang GT is faster, but not by much, in 0-60 and quarter mile. Most any configuration of Camaro SS is faster around most road tracks than most any configuration of Mustang GT

6MT vs 6MT: Camaro is faster in every respect

Base Mustang GT 10AT vs Camaro 1SS 8AT or 10AT: Camaro is faster in every respect. Mustang will probably deliver better trap times at the quarter mile because the Coyote is still breathing fine and the LT1 can’t push as much air. But the Camaro will still cross the line first. By the half mile the Mustang will have passed the Camaro.

Mustang with 10AT + PP1 or PP2 +Launch Kit vs any Camaro SS: Mustang is faster 0-60 and quarter mile, track performance (PP2) dependent on which track and how many laps.

Any stock Mustang GT vs stock Camaro SS 1LE on a road track: Laughable, especially beyond lap 3.

Bad Anvil Garage 02-14-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoto (Post 10436894)
One actual truth that I can share is that you do not need, nor should you use, apostrophes to make a word plural.

LOL.... :doh: I hate that too. Not sure why people do it. I see it everywhere.

RyanR623 02-14-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage (Post 10436966)
LOL.... :doh: I hate that too. Not sure why people do it. I see it everywhere.

Because they don't know the difference between plural and showing possession.

RobbyBeefcake87 02-14-2019 08:54 AM

Manual vs manual Camaro is clearly faster period. A10 pp1 can be slightly faster than an auto SS a8/a10 due to optional gear ratio on the pp supposedly (some auto guys may debate this from fast list data which is fair). For road course work the Camaro chassis, cooling, and suspension makes it the faster and more durable car, be it base gt vs SS or pp1/2 vs 1le (some will argue that the pp2 will run with the 1le until it overheats after a few laps which is also fair). This has for the most part been objectively proven, anything else is usually fanboyism.

SSJ455 02-14-2019 09:17 AM

You can't handle the truth!!!!

Raptor Jesus 02-14-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanR623 (Post 10436914)
The LT1 is an engine, the torque converter is what shudders.

eYe dID kNot n0 tHAt. tnK uu!

:der:

RyanR623 02-14-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus (Post 10437048)
eYe dID kNot n0 tHAt. tnK uu!

:der:

You are the one that said they shudder down the road. :emoticon1: