CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Driving Mode Under Settings Page Radomly Disappears (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437558)

JayhawkNation 01-23-2016 12:14 PM

Driving Mode Under Settings Page Radomly Disappears

Has anyone else tried to access the 'Driving Mode' page on the Settings screen, only to have it randomly not there? I use this page a lot to change the engine sound management, especially when snow and ice mode or Tour, but want to the Track exhaust sound. 80% of the time, it's there, but every now and the. It won't even appear as an option - and that's for the whole drive even if I power cycle the radio. Also turning off the car, opening the door, and then turning it back on again won't bring it back. It's like it needs several hours to come back. Just an odd observation I thought.

Glen e 01-23-2016 12:17 PM

No but check voltage of batt....phantom/ghost software items can be low voltage ...anything less than 12.0 on a new car could be a bad battery .

jimmypop13 01-23-2016 02:15 PM

Mines been doing this too. I even have the updated software. It's random and doesn't happen very often. Probably 3 times in the past two months. I have a feeling it's happening to more people and they just haven't noticed it yet

bybcous 01-23-2016 04:11 PM

Never not once.

BlkReaper 01-23-2016 08:35 PM

Happened to me once. Idk what I did but I got it back up instantly. I think I pulled the parking brake or something

MikeyCamaro 01-24-2016 07:26 AM

Do the cars without dual mode exhaust not show that option/menu? Sounds like something is (intermittently) happening to make the system think you don't have the dual mode exhaust. Have you guys checked for codes? Maybe if the PCM detects some fault in the dual mode exhaust, it locks out that menu?

Mike

jimmypop13 01-24-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCamaro (Post 8860529)
Do the cars without dual mode exhaust not show that option/menu? Sounds like something is (intermittently) happening to make the system think you don't have the dual mode exhaust. Have you guys checked for codes? Maybe if the PCM detects some fault in the dual mode exhaust, it locks out that menu?

Mike

That screen also controls MRC and steering

The1DoubleN 01-24-2016 04:02 PM

Yes this happened to me the other day, thought it was because I pulled my NPP fuse but it randomly came back again later. Definitely disappeared for a while though.....did you pull your NPP fuse or no?

JayhawkNation 01-24-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1DoubleN (Post 8861181)
Yes this happened to me the other day, thought it was because I pulled my NPP fuse but it randomly came back again later. Definitely disappeared for a while though.....did you pull your NPP fuse or no?

Didn't pull my fuse.

JayhawkNation 01-24-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 8859404)
No but check voltage of batt....phantom/ghost software items can be low voltage ...anything less than 12.0 on a new car could be a bad battery .

Getting 13.5 right now, but the issue isn't present. I'll check again next time I notice the menu option isn't displaying again.

Glen e 01-24-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayhawkNation (Post 8861219)
Getting 13.5 right now, but the issue isn't present. I'll check again next time I notice the menu option isn't displaying again.

13.5... Is engine running?

You check batt with car off.

Or easier, go to major auto parts store....they can chk for you.

The1DoubleN 01-24-2016 06:02 PM

I think it's just another software bug then that needs to be addressed in the next update (just had my dealer install the latest software update last week).

jimmypop13 01-24-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1DoubleN (Post 8861333)
I think it's just another software bug then that needs to be addressed in the next update (just had my dealer install the latest software update last week).

I agree

jdasnt3 01-25-2016 04:22 PM

Mine does it. And it tells me that I can't switch the lighting colors "in this mode" at the same time. I don't have the options to sync the colors with driving mode or do the "show." Seems to be random and then it will show back up when it wants to. Even turning the car off and on doesn't always work. I returned the car to default to get them back once, but they went away again today.

Could it be something normal based on our selections and not a problem that is in more than one car?

I only have NPP, not MRC.