CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   New Katech pump arrived today! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620452)

Rapid_blue_zl1_22 10-16-2023 04:35 PM

New Katech pump arrived today!

6 Attachment(s)
I just got my new Katech dual pump for my car today. Am I the first person on here to try it out? I will be installing it this Friday and getting the car tuned next Monday the 23rd. I posted about it in the FI section and there seemed to be some interest in it. I'll update this post with pictures and my review of it as I go.

SOCAL.M6.ZLE 10-16-2023 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 (Post 11369669)
I just got my new Katech dual pump for my car today. Am I the first person on here to try it out? I will be installing it this Friday and getting the car tuned next Monday the 23rd. I posted about it in the FI section and there seemed to be some interest in it. I'll update this post with pictures and my review of it as I go.

:needpics:

Nataphen 10-16-2023 05:24 PM

I have one but am waiting on the plug and play harness and filter setup. Very interested in your results.

5280ZL1Matt 10-16-2023 05:41 PM

+1 more for photos - am considering this also, but maybe when they release the controller; looking forward to hearing how it works for you

Megahurtz 10-16-2023 07:26 PM

Curious to see if the results will be different than some have reported in the past.

Rapid_blue_zl1_22 10-17-2023 04:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE (Post 11369679)
:needpics:

Sorry fellas! Pictures added to original post! I will add more as I install it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt (Post 11369695)
+1 more for photos - am considering this also, but maybe when they release the controller; looking forward to hearing how it works for you

I ended up buying the PNP controller from DSX (for their aux pump kit) since Katech's kit wasn't available yet. The DSX kit operates off of the OEM MAP sensor to turn on the pump. you just have to extend the actual fuel pump wires. Also, Dedicated Motorsports makes a PNP inline filter kit that works with a DSX flex fuel sensor.

Here are some pictures of my inline filter kit from Dedicated:

KingLT1 10-17-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megahurtz (Post 11369757)
Curious to see if the results will be different than some have reported in the past.

If you don't mind sharing, what have you heard reported about this pump in the past? I didn't think many have used them yet? Or are you referring to the "other" company's single pump offering?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt (Post 11369695)

This pump would not be difficult to setup without Katech's install kit. You could easily trigger the second pump with a boost reference Hobbs switch.

Megahurtz 10-17-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLT1 (Post 11369899)
If you don't mind sharing, what have you heard reported about this pump in the past? I didn't think many have used them yet? Or are you referring to the "other" company's single pump offering?

Shoot you know what, you're right. I was thinking about the "other" company's pump. I've heard nothing about the Katech setup so far.

Also, a little birdy told me DSX is working on a complete package that includes an intake low side solution and port injection that integrates with HPTuners to allow the stock ECU to control the port injectors. I have no proof or special knowledge of this, but if true, it's going to be awesome.

radz28 10-17-2023 10:39 AM

It sounds like if you already have a low side controller (e.g. DSX low side system), that can turn on the secondary pump, then?

Katech_Zach 10-17-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11369957)
It sounds like if you already have a low side controller (e.g. DSX low side system), that can turn on the secondary pump, then?

This is correct, you can power the second pump with any controller that you'd like, including using the existing DSX controller if you are replacing that aux pump.

We are working on finishing our P&P kit, hoping to be completed by the end of this month.

Rapid_blue_zl1_22 10-17-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11369957)

If you already have a DSX low side system, there shouldn't be any need for this. Unless you are replacing the DSX system with this for low fuel functionality, but then you would have to buy a new fuel tank.

Rapid_blue_zl1_22 10-17-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katech_Zach (Post 11369959)
This is correct, you can power the second pump with any controller that you'd like, including using the existing DSX controller if you are replacing that aux pump.

We are working on finishing our P&P kit, hoping to be completed by the end of this month.

I was really hoping your PNP kit would be available by the time I needed it, but my tune is scheduled for October 23rd. I just couldn't wait any longer.

radz28 10-17-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 (Post 11369961)
If you already have a DSX low side system, there shouldn't be any need for this. Unless you are replacing the DSX system with this for low fuel functionality, but then you would have to buy a new fuel tank.

I was thinking of getting rid of the DSX low side (and plugging the tank where the DSX low side feed was added) and run Katech's in-tank pumps. Even though I would never really use the car for a road course/auto-X/etc, I like having all the functionality GM engineered into the system. I don't want to have to worry about fuel sloshing around below a 1/2-1/3 tank and all that.

Looking forward to whatever you post here :happy0180::respekt::thumbup:

Rapid_blue_zl1_22 10-17-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11369978)
I was thinking of getting rid of the DSX low side (and plugging the tank where the DSX low side feed was added) and run Katech's in-tank pumps. Even though I would never really use the car for a road course/auto-X/etc, I like having all the functionality GM engineered into the system. I don't want to have to worry about fuel sloshing around below a 1/2-1/3 tank and all that.

Looking forward to whatever you post here :happy0180::respekt::thumbup:

Gotcha. I definitely think this is the better solution. I was considering the DSX low side, but I just did not want to drill my tank. Plus, I do track my car, so it wasn't a good option anyway.