CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Central/Western Mass Cruises (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580527)

Joshinator99 08-20-2020 06:19 PM

Central/Western Mass Cruises

Hey fellas,

Any Camaro/muscle car cruises coming up? I don’t have social media so I have no idea what is going on. :smiling1:

driven2exceSS 08-20-2020 08:41 PM

@Evil-Bee-NH was big on attending cruises, shows, and cars n' coffees in and around the area, but he recently got rid of his Camaro. Maybe PM him? That may be faster, his last visit on here was 6-days ago.

Joshinator99 08-20-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driven2exceSS (Post 10852994)
@Evil-Bee-NH was big on attending cruises, shows, and cars n' coffees in and around the area, but he recently got rid of his Camaro. Maybe PM him? That may be faster, his last visit on here was 6-days ago.

Thanks.

I live in Central MA on the Quabbin Reservoir. I see a convoy of late model Camaros, Mustangs, etc go by my house (great cruise route) every few weeks but don’t know about any of these cruises in advance. :noidea:

Mck9898 08-21-2020 07:22 PM

there is a group from wmass car club going to the Dream ride in Farmington ct, you can order tickets online. we meet at 7:30 am at the basketball hall of fame in springfirld mass, and will convoy up, there is a ct Camaro group who also hang out and are members of the car club of new England that will be there also if your interested.

Mck9898 08-21-2020 07:24 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/323345899033161

closs2sx 08-21-2020 08:06 PM

sure would love to find people that get together in nh on a regular basis. Cars and coffee is nice once and awhile but I like driving too much. I don't mind meeting up and talking cars but then going for a cruise would be great too

Joshinator99 08-21-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closs2sx (Post 10853653)
sure would love to find people that get together in nh on a regular basis. Cars and coffee is nice once and awhile but I like driving too much. I don't mind meeting up and talking cars but then going for a cruise would be great too

If it’s in Southern NH I could probably do that too.

ember1205 08-22-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mck9898 (Post 10853619)

Too bad that it's tomorrow as I have my weekend fully planned already.

To the OP's point: How do we find out about these things -in advance- as I haven't found anything here, on various car club web sites, or Facebook about regular meet-up's that are actually happening.

It would be great to be able to do a Cars and Coffee with a drive later on. Used to do that sort of thing off the cuff with the motorcycles and people I knew in years past. There are some good driving roads from CT into MA and back on the Western edge of both states.

112 from 116 into Huntington is a nice ride, for example, as is Rt 8 from Winsted to Lee, MA. Going up and over Mt. Greylock can be fun as well with the various sharp and hairpin turns.

closs2sx 08-22-2020 07:15 AM

Come on up to nh especially this fall and I’ll show you some nice roads. When I plan on being down that way with my car I’ll let you know.
Petersham is only 2 hours away. We could meet somewhere plan a route some weekend.

ember1205 08-22-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closs2sx (Post 10853831)
Come on up to nh especially this fall and I’ll show you some nice roads. When I plan on being down that way with my car I’ll let you know.
Petersham is only 2 hours away. We could meet somewhere plan a route some weekend.

:w00t:

Hmmm. This fall might be a great time for an overnight getaway...

91 to 9/101 to Merrimack, see the grounds of the brewery, 93 up past Concord to the White Mountains area, Kancamagus over to Conway, and back home through Concord to 9 to 91S and maybe even step off north of Greenfield to roll along Route 2 and then down 8 back to CT.

We did a trip to the Merrimack area a couple of years ago and went to Parker's the next morning for breakfast (after dinner the night before at Buckley's). Grew up in the Berkshires, lived in Nashua/Hudson/Merrimack, and now in CT. A nice fall drive with the car and the camera could be just what the doctor ordered.

:)

closs2sx 08-22-2020 10:28 AM

the Kanc is good for the views and pics but there are better roads for driving the twisties. One of them dumps you on to 112 but on the west side of Woodstock. Anytime as soon as I get my car back from Jannetty Racing. I have my ZL1 1le apart right now in the middle of a build and I did not register or put collision on my Z06 this year as I knew I was going to build my Zl1 and have to sort my ss 1le. Its been an expensive summer and I only have about 100 miles between all my cars so I am dying to make the best of the cooler weather coming before the snow flies

Mck9898 08-22-2020 11:40 AM

i see them all the time on fb, between various car freinds and some local clubs, if i see any ill post some up here in the future

Joshinator99 08-22-2020 12:34 PM

Tons of good stuff here, thanks! Keep em coming!

Joshinator99 08-22-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ember1205 (Post 10853823)
Too bad that it's tomorrow as I have my weekend fully planned already.

To the OP's point: How do we find out about these things -in advance- as I haven't found anything here, on various car club web sites, or Facebook about regular meet-up's that are actually happening.

It would be great to be able to do a Cars and Coffee with a drive later on. Used to do that sort of thing off the cuff with the motorcycles and people I knew in years past. There are some good driving roads from CT into MA and back on the Western edge of both states.

112 from 116 into Huntington is a nice ride, for example, as is Rt 8 from Winsted to Lee, MA. Going up and over Mt. Greylock can be fun as well with the various sharp and hairpin turns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by closs2sx (Post 10853831)

Rt. 2 West up the Mohawk Trail is a great ride too! Up through the mountains and good views at the top.

I did a trip up Mount Washington a couple years ago with some friends and it was a great time. Perfect weather made it a memorable visit.

I’d be up for a ride into NH too, my daughter lives in Peterborough!

:happy0180: