CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   american racing headers versus kooks headers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479099)

2000form 01-02-2017 04:44 PM

american racing headers versus kooks headers

Does either have a performance advantage in the 6th generation Camaro platform? I would think no but who knows.

Hard Parker 01-03-2017 06:58 AM

No and if a difference I would say very very negligible. ARH and Kooks are two of best brands to purchase when it comes to headers

Blk16SS 01-03-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000form (Post 9483495)
Does either have a performance advantage in the 6th generation Camaro platform? I would think no but who knows.

You won't get an honest answer to the point you're asking. Point is well taken on Hard Parker stating it's a very close race. I have a certain preference of the two only because I've spent thousands with them over the years. The other, I have zero history with. The reason why you won't get a true answer is because there isn't one. Nobody will get near that one out of respect for these manufacturers and the countless R&D hours and tons of $$$ that goes into developing parts. Is one better than the other one? Maybe, maybe not. One might make an ounce more power but the install is harder and they cost more. I've seen them ran head to head but that was on one car, one engine combo, and one independent shop. Did one out shine the other? To a degree but it would not stop me from purchasing the brand that fell abit short in comparison. You can't go wrong either way. I would advise you to splurge for coating if you have the extra coin....

Fraxum 01-04-2017 09:14 AM

Since LTs do not give much power anyway I am sure the difference is negligible. But if you are doing this DIY you might want to go Hooker. +1 on getting the coating. Heat reduction under the hood is key.

Lemosine 01-04-2017 10:18 AM

+ 1 on hooker, when I get Long tubes ill get hooker. I like the 2 piece design for easy install, and I doubt there is much difference in HP compared to others.

oldman 01-04-2017 01:25 PM

got my Kooks from Juiced MS, they are a board vendor of course. Great in every way and it came with gaskets and it came with the grade 8 header bolts and locks for FREE! and the Kooks band clamps are SERIOUS. I usually weld all these splices but these ain't slipping nor slipping. Their firecone (yea I know that is a JBA trademark, which I tried to order BTW, luv their stuff, don't hate me) in the header was really well done and crud free. I've been using EBay headers on my race Hondas, meaning 3 hours with a die grinder before install (still way cheaper than a Mugen header), so I know what a good header should look like....

Hard Parker 01-04-2017 01:32 PM

Awesome did you get them coated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick3 01-04-2017 02:53 PM

I have had kooks and now have ARH. Both are great. The deciding factor when you are stuck between 2 good products is who has the best customer support.

I for one can say that ARH, has THE BEST CS. I will continue to use them for that reason alone.

oldman 01-04-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hard Parker (Post 9487177)
Awesome did you get them coated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not get them coated... I have me reasons and probably the subject of a 50 page post... LOL

bybcous 01-04-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 9486615)
Since LTs do not give much power anyway I am sure the difference is negligible. But if you are doing this DIY you might want to go Hooker. +1 on getting the coating. Heat reduction under the hood is key.

I do not believe this but I would more so say you won't notice a big difference between the two brands 30 hp is alot in my books lol. I have kooks and there product is great but there customer service is horrible ass shit, but once you do get them on phone they know what the are tslking about, i may have had a bad experience because I ordered the day before black friday. I explained to them I only wanted to order if the item can be shipped out that day and it wasn't shipped until 4 days after the Thanksgiving, and i called everyday and was told it would ship every day. Luckily I live 5 hrs from kooks and shipping was a 1 day turn around. I needed oxygen sensor extensions for there headers

oldman 01-04-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bybcous (Post 9487371)
I do not believe this but I would more so say you won't notice a big difference between the two brands 30 hp is alot in my books lol. I have kooks and there product is great but there customer service is horrible ass shit, but once you do get them on phone they know what the are tslking about, i may have had a bad experience because I ordered the day before black friday. I explained to them I only wanted to order if the item can be shipped out that day and it wasn't shipped until 4 days after the Thanksgiving, and i called everyday and was told it would ship every day. Luckily I live 5 hrs from kooks and shipping was a 1 day turn around. I needed oxygen sensor extensions for there headers

I had that same experience with another vendor / mfg. Hench I ended up with Kooks... it was like two weeks before black friday and I knew I had time for the install... never came....:doh:

MR 45TH 01-04-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 9486615)
Since LTs do not give much power anyway

Can't say I can agree with that statement.

2000form 01-04-2017 09:46 PM

Do Kooks have the ball flange collector or are they slip on. I wish the manufacturers would make them so that you could easily unbolt them from the rest of the exhaust. I have American Racing Headers on my 2000 formula (slip on) and I basically need to remove the entire exhaust if I need to do something that's affected by the pipes. It really sucks.

LibertyHill 01-04-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9487345)
I did not get them coated... I have me reasons and probably the subject of a 50 page post... LOL

I gotta know. Why uncoated?