CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask the Camaro Team (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   A10 "on-track" shifting logic (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549275)

Sakudog 03-05-2019 07:53 AM

A10 "on-track" shifting logic

Does anyone know how to get the A10 to drop into the "on-track" shifting logic without pushing the car into a turn or going WOT etc? If you don't know what I'm talking about you can stop reading this thread now.

Great, okay, so you own an A10 car and you know that when the car is on track (or thinks it might be on track) it shifts very aggressively, downshifts into every gear, holds the gears longer, snaps shifts off very rapidly. Putting the car into "Track Mode" on the street doesn't automatically do this. In fact, my ATS-V A8 trans acts the same exact way.

There are times that I'd like to just push a button and get this shifting logic, spirited driving on the street or just wanting to show someone how the trans actually works on track but just driving down the street at legal speeds.

So, besides putting the car through a series of situations that trigger track mode shifting, has anyone figured out a way to make this happen with a touch of a button?

Thanks.

Aliveguy5 03-05-2019 09:04 AM

If I'm in track mode and I blip the throttle past halfway once that transmission is ready to play. I know what your asking and it'd be a nice option if we had a button to hit but I haven't seen it. You may be able to manipulate that with a tune but I'd imagine daily driving like that would get old quick.

collinms 03-05-2019 09:08 AM

I have been wanting this since I had my 2012 ctsv. It was even harder to get in that mode than my ZL1. I would buy a device if someone invented one. I imagine a tuner might be able to achieve this but maybe it would always be on which would be kinda crazy. The only way I know is to stab the throttle very quickly. The only problem is that it deactivates in about 8 seconds which is really annoying. The only way to keep it going is to brake hard, accelerate hard, or take a high g turn to simulate being on a track.

DangerZL1 03-05-2019 09:13 AM

You should have the option to turn the performance shifting mode on, off, or automatically activate based on driver input in the settings menu. There's no reason it has to be automatic. Too bad we can't ask Al about it anymore.

BMWM.D. 03-05-2019 09:18 AM

A quick stab of the throttle seems to do it for me. Just a blip is needed to get into the performance shift mode. I know that’s not a button, but it can be done easily without the car accelerating or doing anything else crazy.

Snakebt6 03-05-2019 10:11 AM

Agreed with the above.

Seems to work fine by doing that for me as well.

I drive in track mode with suspension on sport and steering on street so maybe that helps it engage quicker or with less of a throttle stab I don't know but its pretty responsive when I ask it to get into performance shift mode.

I like the transmission in track mode for regular driving and wish that was a selection more then then performance shift mode honestly.

Artos 03-05-2019 12:53 PM

I asked the same when I took possession back in early March 17...short answer is no.

You would think a sparky could design a switch.

Can'tHave2MuchHP 03-05-2019 04:54 PM

I think what OP is asking for is much beyond the "Performance Shift Mode Activated" you get by blipping the throttle that merely holds a gear, mildly downshifts if you brake soon after, and disappears after 10 seconds or so of regular driving. If you recall, this car has I believe three aggression levels that are determined by a combination of algorithms and sensors on the car. There is no way to my knowledge to get this put onto a switch but man would that have been genius. Porsche does that with the PDK, where it holds gears, downshifts aggressively, etc. with a push of a button. The only way to get it into the max aggression mode is by pushing the car for a period of time undisclosed to us.

Boo 03-05-2019 05:02 PM

I regularly use Performance Shift Mode by punching the throttle. Just to engine break or heading into a turn...i do it all the time and love it! I cruise around in sport most of the time...wont work in Tour. It is super easy and works beautifully.

BDivine76 03-05-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 10452995)
I think what OP is asking for is much beyond the "Performance Shift Mode Activated" you get by blipping the throttle that merely holds a gear, mildly downshifts if you brake soon after, and disappears after 10 seconds or so of regular driving. If you recall, this car has I believe three aggression levels that are determined by a combination of algorithms and sensors on the car. There is no way to my knowledge to get this put onto a switch but man would that have been genius. Porsche does that with the PDK, where it holds gears, downshifts aggressively, etc. with a push of a button. The only way to get it into the max aggression mode is by pushing the car for a period of time undisclosed to us.

This is exactly what I asked for in a different thread. I obviously don't want to drive around like this all the time...but when I want it I want it! The only sure fire way is to floor it in either Sport or Track and that just isn't practical on many occasions. Like Porsche, BMW also allows you to select how aggressive the DCT shifts. Not a huge fan of the rest of the M4, but this is a good feature.

Sakudog 03-05-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 10452995)

How much money does GM leave on the table by not monetizing these things into the car as options you can buy at the dealer? The eLSD updates are a good start, but I'd pay extra for the following:

- A10 Track Mode selectable via software (3 levels of aggression, great)
- Cold Air Intake Calibration
- Long Tube header Calibration (offroad/on-road)
- eLSD modes for various situations (autoX-drag,etc)
- ABS modes for different brake compounds/tires sizes/stickers
- Airbag and Seat harness firmware updates for on track only configurations

It doesn't make sense to me, these dealers could really capitalize on so much, but they stand there flat footed.

Can'tHave2MuchHP 03-05-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakudog (Post 10453148)
How much money does GM leave on the table by not monetizing these things into the car as options you can buy at the dealer? The eLSD updates are a good start, but I'd pay extra for the following:

It doesn't make sense to me, these dealers could really capitalize on so much, but they stand there flat footed.

Welcome to my world. I wish GM gave us stuff like that to give the customers.

waterman 03-05-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakudog (Post 10453148)

YES! Brilliant observation. :thumb:

Marty31 03-06-2019 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWM.D. (Post 10452565)
A quick stab of the throttle seems to do it for me. Just a blip is needed to get into the performance shift mode. I know that’s not a button, but it can be done easily without the car accelerating or doing anything else crazy.

Absolutely. The throttle stab is so quick the car barely reacts.