CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Hopefully this turns around soon (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563216)

Number 3 10-06-2019 11:07 AM

Hopefully this turns around soon

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/the-d...t-quarter/amp/

HCI2000SS 10-06-2019 11:15 AM

I think the Challenger is a great car, but considering it's more expensive than the Mustang and Camaro, I could never justify one comparetively speaking

c4racer 10-06-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 10634616)
I think the Challenger is a great car, but considering it's more expensive than the Mustang and Camaro, I could never justify one comparetively speaking

Check again. Not with the current rebates. I've seen Scat Pack 392 challengers selling in the $31-32K range. Not sure you can match that with a 1SS these days.

SteveV 10-06-2019 11:26 AM

"Hopefully this turns around soon"

Don't hold your breath...

On one hand, I would love to see Camaro outsell Challenger and Mustang....

On the other hand, it is pretty cool having a car that you almost never see another one of...

I have never seen another Red Hot ZL1 where I live. I have seen only 2 other: a black one and a blue one.

At Cars and Coffee events, my car tends to draw more attention than a Vette. Why? Because there are usually a bunch of Corvettes and my ZL1 is usually the only one.

Artryan 10-06-2019 11:26 AM

While I'm not a fan of Chrysler products, the Challenger is the best of the bunch in terms of being a usable car. The Camaro has basically evolved into a very specific category that is not practical for most buyers. While the Challenger can be used as a family car, the Camaro has basically become a 2 seat midlife crisis car.

This is not going to change unless the Camaro changes. The possibility of that looks to be slim to none.

MiamiBlueCamaro 10-06-2019 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Smokin19 10-06-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artryan (Post 10634633)
While I'm not a fan of Chrysler products, the Challenger is the best of the bunch in terms of being a usable car. The Camaro has basically evolved into a very specific category that is not practical for most buyers. While the Challenger can be used as a family car, the Camaro has basically become a 2 seat midlife crisis car.

This is not going to change unless the Camaro changes. The possibility of that looks to be slim to none.

Ok, I'll bite, what's YOUR " midlife crisis"? I bought mine because, I just plain fell in love and knew I had to have it. No crisis here.

Zaqwert6 10-06-2019 03:09 PM

Hopefully this turns around soon

What the hell for? In my immediate circle of friends there are over a half dozen various Challengers and almost as many mustangs and Chargers. Forget about 'Vettes. I've already owned one Challenger and 2 Mustangs in the last few years.

Who wants to be surrounded be a literal sea of the same cars? I wish SSs were more exclusive to be honest.

Joe Remi 10-06-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artryan (Post 10634633)

This is correct. As a non-owner of either car (yet), I can objectively tell you the space and visibility issues of the Camaro do NOT show well on a test drive. Most folks shopping pony cars are not looking at them as a weekend second or third car, they need to get to work on Monday and load people and groceries in on the weekends. The Challenger does all of that easily, the Camaro...well, it's cool, but you gotta do a lot of mental math and negotiating to make it work.

I drove a 1SS 1LE and it was fast, fun and looked cool; but I couldn't see the curb on a right-hand turn, and it was pretty claustrophobic in there. I got back in my V6 '17 Impala which has a dull 'big sedan' presence, but its quick, handles decent, carries all your stuff and you can see outta the damn thing. I didn't go home thinking I definitely needed to trade it for the much faster car I was just in.

ItsChristianInHD 10-06-2019 03:20 PM

It all comes down to price. I hope so too. I like the challenger, but anything Chrysler puts out I would never buy.

Silveradoss573 10-06-2019 03:48 PM

Only chance is if Chevy discounts the Camaro 20-25% minimum plus all the dealer discounts like they've had to on the new Silverado's and Sierra's because of poor sales as well. Even then I don't see it changing a thing. But yeah gm knows what they're doing according to many on here. :smiling1:

protovack 10-06-2019 03:59 PM

FCA just paid a hefty fine for lying about sales numbers!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/busin...ine/index.html

The "Muscle car sales race" is completely made up by the auto media and advanced by companies like FCA, and Ford somewhat.
Kind of like how Ford repeatedly claims "victory" for having the most truck sales in comparison to the Silverado, but they always lump together all their F-series sales (including 350 and 450), and when compared to silverado, they never include GMC sierra. They release some "press document" that gets picked up by all the media outlets, then people see headlines like "Ford still dominates with F-150 sales" when in fact it isn't just F150 at all, yet nowhere is that mentioned in the article. And then people read it and quote it on forums and youtube as if its completely true.

GM is one of the more honest companies out there, both in terms of sales numbers, and also power ratings for their engines, in fact they usually under-rate them, whereas Ford tends to obfuscate about power and fuel efficiency resulting in real world MPG being much worse, whereas for GM products its usually better.

The Camaro is a sports coupe. Compare its sales to other equivalently sized, powered, and priced sports coupes. And please, don't trust media articles about sales numbers, especially not FCA.

Petrol Head 10-06-2019 04:21 PM

I’m 42, not married, no kids. A Camaro is fine for me as an everyday driver. Of the three it’s no doubt the best performance car comparing equivalent Camaro SS, Mustang GT, and Challenger R/T. However, knowing the non-existent back seat and limited trunk opening I know the Mustang and certainly the Challenger are much more useable cars to live with on a daily basis if you have more than one person to ride with you. Or even if you need to take your lawn mower to the shop.

But what really blows my mind are the Dodge performance commercials. They’re great. They embrace their history and focus on the performance of their cars, not “real people”.

When I was a kid The Heartbeat of America and Like A Rock were some killer commercial themes for Chevy. Bob Seger himself said he was proud to let Chevy use his song because the market research showed his song and theme alone helped move a couple hundred thousand more Silverados, which in turn helped the unions building them get and keep jobs and generate overtime.

I think GM needs to fire their marketing department. Those “real people” ads are embarrassing. Time to get back to what makes Chevys great. What makes Camaros great. Inject some spice into the ads.

Mighty Mouce 10-06-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 10634608)

Look at all the different hood options, paint and graphic stripe package options and the aggressive in your face ads that Dodge uses to market their product. Its a man's car and Dodge knows it. Chevy/ GM run their outfit like a girl...and it shows. Look at their weak silly ads they run.:facepalm: