CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   windshield fogging up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458990)

TMasticTB91 08-03-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vet757 (Post 9238381)
This happened to me the other day. My AC was not working for a few minutes. I pulled over restarted the car and no more issues since then. I wonder if my HVAC module is faulty too.

The part was on the 'restricted list' or whatever, essentially that it's low in stock, apparently replacing the HVAC control module is more than an isolated replacement.

Also plan on not having your Camaro for a while if you do have an issue. I'm on 8 days and counting. Only owned it for 3 days/300 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vet757 08-03-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 (Post 9238486)
The part was on the 'restricted list' or whatever, essentially that it's low in stock, apparently replacing the HVAC control module is more than an isolated replacement.

Also plan on not having your Camaro for a while if you do have an issue. I'm on 8 days and counting. Only owned it for 3 days/300 miles.

Sorry that really sucks, I got mine a month ago...Im gonna try to hold on to it until that parts breaks for good. Im sure theyre gonna want to make sure is actually not working before they replace it anyways. Thanks for the heads up, I hope you get your car very soon.

TMasticTB91 08-03-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vet757 (Post 9238628)
Sorry that really sucks, I got mine a month ago...Im gonna try to hold on to it until that parts breaks for good. Im sure theyre gonna want to make sure is actually not working before they replace it anyways. Thanks for the heads up, I hope you get your car very soon.

I just called and spoke to a manager. Apparently it was BOTH the HVAC control module AND an actuator that needed to be replaced. They have the control module, but the actuator has NO ETA for arrival.

"Maybe this week or next week."

I'm glad I enjoyed the first 150 miles/24 hours I owned it before the A/C issue. Because any good feeling I had about this purchase has absolutely gone out the window.

vet757 08-03-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 (Post 9238688)
I just called and spoke to a manager. Apparently it was BOTH the HVAC control module AND an actuator that needed to be replaced. They have the control module, but the actuator has NO ETA for arrival.

"Maybe this week or next week."

I'm glad I enjoyed the first 150 miles/24 hours I owned it before the A/C issue. Because any good feeling I had about this purchase has absolutely gone out the window.

Keep that lemon law in mind.... I know here in VA, one of the lemon law qualifications is 30 days at the dealer.

Com69 08-03-2016 02:21 PM

I would never leave my car anywhere while waiting on parts. Take your car back and tell them to call you when the part comes in AND they can get the work done same day.

TMasticTB91 08-03-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Com69 (Post 9238782)
I would never leave my car anywhere while waiting on parts. Take your car back and tell them to call you when the part comes in AND they can get the work done same day.

You know what? I think I'll go down there first thing tomorrow morning. It's one thing I was told it would only be a couple of days so I didn't think much about leaving it but they have no idea when the missing part is coming in. I've been terrified of it getting dinged and just sitting outside this past week. Going to comb over it before taking it off the lot. Thanks for the idea.

oktex88 08-04-2016 05:32 PM

Are the 2017 models also having this same fogging issue?

tcbracing 08-05-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktex88 (Post 9241413)
Are the 2017 models also having this same fogging issue?

Yes, this week when I was driving home from work at about 11PM (on 2nd Shift this week) and the temperature in Missouri was about 85 degrees and I had the air conditioning on 68 degrees, the outside of my windshield started to fog up around the defroster vents...

THE SAME WAY IT HAS ON EVERY OTHER VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED WHEN THESE TYPES OF TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS EXIST!!!

ITS CALLED PHYSICS PEOPLE!!

You have 2 choices - turn on your wipers to clear or turn up the temperature. The AC system is deeply integrated into the dash - any work on the system and you are asking for trouble...

Com69 08-05-2016 11:41 AM

Same thing happens in my husbands 97 STS and my 03 Forester. It's just much more noticable and intrusive on the Camaro because of the severe angle of the windshield.

TMasticTB91 08-05-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbracing (Post 9242705)
Yes, this week when I was driving home from work at about 11PM (on 2nd Shift this week) and the temperature in Missouri was about 85 degrees and I had the air conditioning on 68 degrees, the outside of my windshield started to fog up around the defroster vents...

THE SAME WAY IT HAS ON EVERY OTHER VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED WHEN THESE TYPES OF TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS EXIST!!!

ITS CALLED PHYSICS PEOPLE!!

You have 2 choices - turn on your wipers to clear or turn up the temperature. The AC system is deeply integrated into the dash - any work on the system and you are asking for trouble...

Uh, yeah, if cold air is blowing on the windshield in humid conditions it'll fog up. Nobody is arguing that. The problem is that the windshield air vent is not closing properly, causing the window to fog up.

I live in Florida and it's almost always hot and humid. Been driving here for 12 years. No other vehicle I have owned has caused my windshield to fog up when I specifically tell it NOT to blow air on to my windshield.

tcbracing 08-05-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 (Post 9242882)
Uh, yeah, if cold air is blowing on the windshield in humid conditions it'll fog up. Nobody is arguing that. The problem is that the windshield air vent is not closing properly, causing the window to fog up.

HVAC Systems are not air tight. There are design considerations in the system where the flaps meet the duct. Usually this is accomplished with a open cell foam seal. Hardly air tight...

TMasticTB91 08-05-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbracing (Post 9242901)
HVAC Systems are not air tight. There are design considerations in the system where the flaps meet the duct. Usually this is accomplished with a open cell foam seal. Hardly air tight...

This is true. On the other hand when I would select the main or floor vents, I had hardly any air coming from either vent and the majority going to my windshield. Hence why they found both the HVAC control module and actuators to be faulty, as there was a defect in the car blowing air to the proper vents (in addition to me losing cold air completely).

Taos 08-07-2016 10:55 PM

My fog issue is on the outside. After about 15 minutes it goes away. Pretty damn annoying though.

raptor5244 08-07-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 (Post 9242882)

I live in Florida and it's almost always hot and humid. Been driving here for 12 years. No other vehicle I have owned has caused my windshield to fog up when I specifically tell it NOT to blow air on to my windshield.

Same here. I have owned 25 cars here in Florida as well. None of them have ever leaked cold air out the defrost vent like this. Call it what it is, a design flaw. The diverter is not diverting all the air to the appropriate vents and as a result it leaks cold air on the winshield and causes unnecessary condensation. I wonder if they never tested this car in humid environments. I mean it happened the day I drove it home from the dealership.