CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   windshield fogging up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458990)

JaxChris 08-21-2016 02:11 AM

Lucky you, buddy. Glad it is still looking better for you. I'll go see Ryan again next week. Just trying to be patient and wait out the two weeks that he asked, even though I know your repair is done. Still wondering who that Silver SS belongs to and if they are on here.

Anyone get a reply on their PM? At least a confirmation of receipt and a note that they would be in touch later would be nice. I'm getting really tired of this.

TMasticTB91 08-21-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9270088)
Lucky you, buddy. Glad it is still looking better for you. I'll go see Ryan again next week. Just trying to be patient and wait out the two weeks that he asked, even though I know your repair is done. Still wondering who that Silver SS belongs to and if they are on here.

Anyone get a reply on their PM? At least a confirmation of receipt and a note that they would be in touch later would be nice. I'm getting really tired of this.

Thanks. Good luck and hope they can wrap this up for you too. I don't recall seeing anyone with a Silver SS on here from this area but curious as to their resolution as well.

Also, no reply to PM yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsblueblood 08-21-2016 10:07 PM

No reply yet...

Wheel Team 6 08-22-2016 06:43 AM

Fogging windshield

Same here. Probably just data collecting on the issue.

Algeron 08-22-2016 07:54 AM

After having my car in the shop for almost 2.5 months, I am now having this issue as well. This morning was the worse with fog half way up the windshield. The pic is from last week.

I sent a PM as well.

http://i.imgur.com/Z81mt8s.jpg

JaxChris 08-22-2016 08:25 PM

Algeron, that is a light day. Wait until it is just above the top of that mailbox in your photo.

TMastic, you're due for another status report! =)~

TMasticTB91 08-22-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9273022)
Algeron, that is a light day. Wait until it is just above the top of that mailbox in your photo.

Ha, just got back from a bit of spirited driving this evening.

It's hot out (still like 85 at 9:30) but not as humid and not a high dew point. I had some slight fogging, air on 76, torso/leg both. I just threw my mousepad I keep in the glove box and it went away completely in a minute.

We're projected to be more humid/high dew points and rainy this week, I'll definitely update when I can.

In short, does mine still fog? Yes, but it's been reduced by a fair margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaxChris 08-22-2016 08:43 PM

But is it just the weather... that is the big question. Also, you shouldn't have to leave your AC on 76. Kick it down to 70 and see what happens. Also, try without the floor vents on first and after your fogging is steady, open the floor vents. I have found that opening the floor vent is making it worse.

GM needs to realize that in hot, humid climates we need to blast our AC to avoid swamp ass. And they aren't replying to the PM's they asked for. I'm locked up in a training class this week, but once that is over I'm taking it in the first chance I have. Also found that my microphone isn't working right at highway speeds (voice command in MyLink & Android Auto is not making out anything I say) and there is a whistle that has been getting louder in the drivers A-pillar.

Wheel Team 6 08-22-2016 09:13 PM

Fogging windshield

Maybe that's why they put seat fans in. Knowing the AC doesn't work right. Swamp ass fans. :iono:

JaxChris 08-23-2016 08:23 AM

Swamp cooler still needs something cool to blow from. If you can't run the AC, then it is just going to spread the funk.

Wheel Team 6 08-23-2016 08:34 AM

windshield fogging

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9273630)
Swamp cooler still needs something cool to blow from. If you can't run the AC, then it is just going to spread the funk.

True, so double GM fail :der:

Algeron 08-23-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 9273022)

I have seen it worse on other days...will be glad when it is a little cooler, and I can just keep the top down.

JaxChris 08-23-2016 02:11 PM

Just received a reply PM from the Customer Service account. "Here's a tracking number for this problem, we'll update you when we figure this out, blah blah". You'd think after a few months GM would already have a response ready for these people to hand out.

But at least we are getting replies now.

Slem 08-23-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algeron (Post 9271569)
After having my car in the shop for almost 2.5 months, I am now having this issue as well. This morning was the worse with fog half way up the windshield. The pic is from last week.

I sent a PM as well.

http://i.imgur.com/Z81mt8s.jpg

It says in the manual if you clean your windows with water for a few times the less it will tend to fog up.