CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Was at my dealer today and seen an "SS" (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358025)

nyrfan 05-12-2014 02:28 PM

Was at my dealer today and seen an "SS"

I have to say that pictures do not do this car justice. I was not at all impressed with the pictures I seen but seeing it in person I have to say Chevy knocked it out of the park. The car is beautiful! Is it worth the high price, not sure. But I will say I'd seriously consider this if I needed a 4 door car. Great job Chevy!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

wayne watson 05-12-2014 02:39 PM

+1, they are nice

Cheveey57 05-12-2014 02:53 PM

Too bad it's a more door.

TxBandit911 05-12-2014 02:58 PM

I saw one when I got my Camaro. I was impressed with the interior, very nice. And the sticker wasn't that much more than my 1LE. It would also have room for my three kids, however I just couldn't get past the auto transmission and lack of full gauges...

dr damon 05-12-2014 03:10 PM

I've seen and sat in one too. Interior is great. I think it looks better in person but if I was spending that much get I'd get a 300srt8 instead. But looks are subjective. I do hope the car does well. I think the Aussie version looks much better,especially the wagon. They also have better colors available too.

Evergreen6 05-12-2014 03:24 PM

Nice car, but not worth the price to me.

Frank in MD 05-12-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 7658260)
Nice car, but not worth the price to me.

What car in it's class has more content for less money?

01pewterz28 05-12-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 7658102)
I have to say that pictures do not do this car justice. I was not at all impressed with the pictures I seen but seeing it in person I have to say Chevy knocked it out of the park. The car is beautiful! Is it worth the high price, not sure. But I will say I'd seriously consider this if I needed a 4 door car. Great job Chevy!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

You see the Silver SS at Starling?

nyrfan 05-12-2014 03:51 PM

Was at my dealer today and seen an "SS"

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 7658317)
You see the Silver SS at Starling?

No, a white one at airport.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Evergreen6 05-12-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank in MD (Post 7658285)
What car in it's class has more content for less money?

Keep in mind I said it's not worth it for me. Maybe it is to you.

For performance in a 4-door sedan, it might be a value. But if it's just performance, I'd rather pick up a new Camaro SS (low $30k). There are also lots of used options (C6?) that would rival the performance per dollar.

I think the Charger SRT8 is a better-looking car if we're judging "content" as appearance.

One of the things I can't quite get over is that it looks too much like a Pontiac G8 (it is one, practically). I don't think the G8 was a bad car, but it was a value-car and was offered as a cheap V6 sedan. I don't think anything about the build quality has changed; that is to say, glancing at it reminds me of a pedestrian sedan built by GM. Nothing special.

If "interior" is considered content, then for $40k+ I'm probably looking at Audi, BMW, or Mercedes first.

:iono:

shibbs 05-12-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 7658386)
If "interior" is considered content, then for $40k+ I'm probably looking at Audi, BMW, or Mercedes first.

You definitely won't find much of a BMW at 40k. lol Maybe a used 3-series.

Q'smuscle 05-12-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 7658386)
Keep in mind I said it's not worth it for me. Maybe it is to you.

For performance in a 4-door sedan, it might be a value. But if it's just performance, I'd rather pick up a new Camaro SS (low $30k). There are also lots of used options (C6?) that would rival the performance per dollar.

I think the Charger SRT8 is a better-looking car if we're judging "content" as appearance.

One of the things I can't quite get over is that it looks too much like a Pontiac G8 (it is one, practically). I don't think the G8 was a bad car, but it was a value-car and was offered as a cheap V6 sedan. I don't think anything about the build quality has changed; that is to say, glancing at it reminds me of a pedestrian sedan built by GM. Nothing special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr damon (Post 7658211)
I've seen and sat in one too. Interior is great. I think it looks better in person but if I was spending that much get I'd get a 300srt8 instead. But looks are subjective. I do hope the car does well. I think the Aussie version looks much better,especially the wagon. They also have better colors available too.

I agree with both! The. charger and 300 is a better looking car and I like the interior better! The SS can't compete to me!

HeavyIOM 05-12-2014 06:42 PM

Everything about the SS is nice until you get out of it and look at it lol

dr damon 05-13-2014 12:59 AM

My next car will most likely be a 300 or charger srt8 but if the SS looks like this I would def go for it. Really like the wagon

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/p...ds/image-3.jpg