CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   Axles GForce install removal (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553386)

Whatwarranty 04-29-2019 02:16 PM

Axles GForce install removal

Installing GForce outlaw axles. I can not seem to get the axle out of the diff I have pry bar and am putting so much into it the car was coming off the jack stands. Any one have any tricks because strength isn’t doing it lol.

Jhunsberger 04-29-2019 02:37 PM

I did some DSS axles over the winter. The axle does not come out of the diff. You want to remove the 6 or 8 bolts at the diff end of the axle. The stock ones came out without pulling any of the suspension apart, with a little finesse. The new ones would not go in the same way. Ended up pulling the 2 outer suspension connections apart above the rear hub to get a little more room to slide the diff end of the axles in.

Whatwarranty 04-29-2019 02:50 PM

GForce isn’t like those ones they actually go into the diff

Jhunsberger 04-29-2019 03:23 PM

Oh get out, didnt realize they did them different. Well best of luck to you!

Vtor_ZL1 04-29-2019 03:31 PM

Then you may need to remove diff cover and remove the clips holding axles end in place most likely. There few folks that changed rear ends and some that upgraded axles - check their how-to, IIRC, one was a video.

Whatwarranty 04-29-2019 05:24 PM

GForce said just to pry on them when I called. So guess I’ll have the stock axles until they break because they are not budging at all. Even put a tow strap on other vehicle and axle ��.

Whatwarranty 04-29-2019 05:35 PM

Ok tried one last time with strap and hammer and pry bar it came out .

Jhunsberger 04-30-2019 05:11 AM

Nice work! A tow strap and another vehicle sounded a little risky.....

laynlo15 05-15-2019 06:13 AM

Great, let us know if you get them back in ok.

L78toLT1 10-21-2020 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just noticed this old thread and thought I would do a public service post to pass on a simple trick for removing the OEM axle flanges from the diff.
If you install two of the old axle bolts, 180 degrees apart, you can tighten the bolts against the diff housing to pop the flanges out.
I inserted the pry bars I was originally trying to pry the flange out with between the ends of the bolts and the housing to keep the bolts from digging into the housing when tightening the bolts. This may or may not be necessary.

Swiss David 03-24-2021 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L78toLT1 (Post 10889092)
Just noticed this old thread and thought I would do a public service post to pass on a simple trick for removing the OEM axle flanges from the diff.
If you install two of the old axle bolts, 180 degrees apart, you can tighten the bolts against the diff housing to pop the flanges out.
I inserted the pry bars I was originally trying to pry the flange out with between the ends of the bolts and the housing to keep the bolts from digging into the housing when tightening the bolts. This may or may not be necessary.

Yes, thanks for this info. I applied this method after reading your approach and flanges popped out with so much ease. In fact, we didn't even have to use the pry bar between the bolt, not a scratch on the diff housing - all good!

I installed the g-force renegade version on my 2SS Auto. Since the installation, I must say now it feels/sound far less clunky with shifts. A definite improvement. Let's see what happens after a few track days running slicks.