CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   COMMUNITY BACKED 7TH GEN CAMARO CONCEPT (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559691)

WarlockCamaro 08-05-2019 02:00 PM

COMMUNITY BACKED 7TH GEN CAMARO CONCEPT

Hello Everyone!

Recently "trusted" sources claim that GM will put the Camaro on ice after 2024-2025, but fortunately those are just rumors. I hope GM goes for a Gen 7 Camaro and in any-case if they do pull it off I sure hope it looks good, but for now we do not know. I really want a new Camaro and we all know GM and Chevy look into these forums for information on what we want, so I say let's give them what they want. This thread is made so that we the community can speculate and discuss what we would want in the next gen Camaro. I for one think it would be a great idea to not only discuss, but to also create, innovate and be creative by creating, drawing, concepts that everyone can observe and talk about, talking is one thing, but observing something tangible and realistic will be better in my opinion.:thumbup:

I am a college student currently studying towards a masters in Automotive Aerodynamics, I also have a bachelors in Art and have graduated Elementary Art School two times two years in a row. Apologies for the academic flex there, but I just wanted to give some back-round. Either way I alone could draw up a mock-up , but I think that will be a bad idea without first getting your opinions and hey if anyone else is a Artist and can draw then please feel free to collaborate with me, but you don't need to be a great artist to do this sort of stuff anyone can do it:).

I am currently working on a mock-up now, and mine is a little bit crazy, but I think you guys might like it. It's a mid-engine all electric Camaro and the body is based off the ZL1. Anyway lets get this thread started! post your opinions and ideas!:D

Hock23 08-05-2019 02:32 PM

I'll chime in here on what it needs. It needs to look like a muscle car and not a sports car. It needs styling that sets it apart but not alienate it. It's going to have to appeal to the enthusiast who are passionate Camaro lovers and the Gen Zers who don't care about its history but want an awesome looking car. You can obviously have different appearance packages based on model but the higher the model, the more aggressive it needs to look IMO. We dont need lets say the RS looking meaner and more intimidating than the SS. No vents or scoops on the sides. Its time to depart from the Gen 1 retro styling. If they want to stick with retro styling, then retro the look of the early 70's split bumper cars, they were gorgeous.

Hock23 08-05-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC (Post 10589114)
Oh God no.

I take it you didnt really fancy the 70-73? lol

triggerjerk 08-05-2019 03:02 PM

The thing is '70s retro is hot in everything industrial design now.
And '70-73 fbodies are very popular now . . .

FH212 08-05-2019 03:03 PM

I am not a designer and I thought the Gen 5 & especially 6 were the best Camaro's ever. But the one thing I know is going back to a retro design would be a mistake.....

MiamiBlueCamaro 08-05-2019 03:46 PM

Gen 7, should be 100% ELECTRIC.:pop2:

WarlockCamaro 08-05-2019 03:47 PM

Okay first I'm working on pieces that bring life into the car and pieces that make the Camaro what it is known for. Right now I am working on the headlights and then the grill and front bumper. I have shifted towards the front engine now, but I still would want it to be a EV. I also still have not done the overall body design yet, but it will be different.

Also the mid-engine design is still up in the air and I have drawn the body lining and it looks great!:thumbup:

Gen6_1Le 08-05-2019 03:50 PM

Absolutely no retro looks is important . The early second gen Camaros were called the first generation of American GT cars by magazines back when they first came out . The designers of the second gen Camaro pulled inspiration from Ferrari and other Euro cars . The 7th gen needs to put to rest the whole Camaro is a muscle car crap for good . So before you look at older Camaros for inspiration look at Ferrari and the new C8 and what makes them so easy on the eyes.

WarlockCamaro 08-05-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le (Post 10589180)
Absolutely no retro looks is important . The early second gen Camaros were called the first generation of American GT cars by magazines back when they first came out . The designers of the second gen Camaro pulled inspiration from Ferrari and other Euro cars . The 7th gen needs to put to rest the whole Camaro is a muscle car crap for good . So before you look at older Camaros for inspiration look at Ferrari and the new C8 and what makes them so easy on the eyes.

I agree completely, but from what I have learned is that people get attached to their old possessions, but whenever a newer version comes out and it looks completely different it'll make them not want it because that means they need to get use to the new one which to some is a hassle. Same goes with looks, the C8 to some older people who drove old vette's won't like the new one. It would be easier if they are reminded if the old version of that product if it looked slightly the same, in turn making them want to by it.

Gen6_1Le 08-05-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro (Post 10589213)
I agree completely, but from what I have learned is that people get attached to their old possessions, but whenever a newer version comes out and it looks completely different it'll make them not want it because that means they need to get use to the new one which to some is a hassle. Same goes with looks, the C8 to some older people who drove old vette's won't like the new one. It would be easier if they are reminded if the old version of that product if it looked slightly the same, in turn making them want to by it.

There is truth in what you are saying but it didn't hold true for the 6th gen Camaro at all . If Chevy used the same formula they are using for the C8 for the next gen Camaro they will have a hit , and totally without the use of retro designing . You can look at a C8 and see a Corvette but because Camaro went retro we don't know what a modern Camaro would look like so where do you start . A all new Camaro look is needed ,yet must be a Camaro .