CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   tune (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588441)

rayruner 02-16-2021 04:19 PM

tune

I finally desided to get a tune for my 16 ats 2.0 8 speed, could i have some opinions on the different tuners, good or bad, did quite a bit of research on different tuners, have no idea who to use.

Casimiro 02-16-2021 06:38 PM

I can only tell you that I am remote tuning now with Turbo Tim at ZZP. I have been hot rodding cars for years but with a Holley Carburetor and nitrous oxide. This is my first efi car and my first turbo car so I wouldn't know if Tim was the worst tuner in the world. I do know that my wife and I so far are very happy with how her car is running.

Start The Machine 02-17-2021 01:41 PM

I've only dealt with Trifecta because they are local to me. I started with their "canned" email tune, than all the way up to 2 separate in-house dyno tunes. I may be the outlier here, but I can't express enough how satisfied I am with their work every step of the way. My car runs absolutely incredible. Can't wait to put it through Auto-X the spring.

Davescamaro 02-18-2021 07:48 PM

I'm in the same boat. Out in NC, I have called around and seems like no one wants to even try out the LTG or knows much about it. I guess remote tuning it is and crossing fingers of not blowing up.

I just want the volumetric efficiency data corrected for fuel curve and erase rear o2. That's all.

Start The Machine 02-19-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davescamaro (Post 10957908)
I'm in the same boat. Out in NC, I have called around and seems like no one wants to even try out the LTG or knows much about it. I guess remote tuning it is and crossing fingers of not blowing up.

I just want the volumetric efficiency data corrected for fuel curve and erase rear o2. That's all.

Go on Trifecta's website and message them. Tell them what you want. Their software program comes with the obd2 cable and gives you full control of diagnostics scans and the ability to completely turn off any codes that pop up from o2 crap.

Davescamaro 02-19-2021 01:17 PM

I messaged them and I think it was Michael who replied that I would need their elite package.

Start The Machine 02-20-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davescamaro (Post 10958192)
I messaged them and I think it was Michael who replied that I would need their elite package.

Yes, that is correct. You can re-tune as may times as you want with that package as well. As you add mods, you can tune the car with it. As mentioned, the software they give you has the ability to scan and see fault codes that you can permanently turn off or back on yourself. I've turned off a million o2 codes because of my downpipe and the stupid code the aftermarket recirculation valve throws with it.

Davescamaro 02-22-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start The Machine (Post 10958703)
Yes, that is correct. You can re-tune as may times as you want with that package as well. As you add mods, you can tune the car with it. As mentioned, the software they give you has the ability to scan and see fault codes that you can permanently turn off or back on yourself. I've turned off a million o2 codes because of my downpipe and the stupid code the aftermarket recirculation valve throws with it.

Thats pretty neat. I get about every 3 days of driving the p013f and its o2 related. Just annoying to clear the fault. Its due to the zzp catted dp and 90 degree bung they gave me

i4heavychevy 03-07-2021 07:06 PM

I’m working with zzp on my tune and having very a positive experience. I had trifecta as well. It was ok but Im much happier with my zzp tune.

Casimiro 03-08-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i4heavychevy (Post 10968215)
I’m working with zzp on my tune and having very a positive experience. I had trifecta as well. It was ok but Im much happier with my zzp tune.

Same here, I am very happy with the ZZP remote tuning with Tim and Matt.

i4heavychevy 03-08-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casimiro (Post 10968617)
Same here, I am very happy with the ZZP remote tuning with Tim and Matt.

Yeah Matt’s working on mine, he has brought out a whole new monster in my car. I’m On the 4th revision. Possibly battling a vacuum leak near the intake manifold. But I’m still not sure where. I ran a boost leak test and it sounds like air leaking but when I presented the car with more pressure it didn’t have the leak so I’m not sure if it’s normal for the car to release pressure until a certain psi.

omgitsmiketuck 03-08-2021 08:51 PM

I had an IPF tune on my 5th gen and was happy with it. ��

Davescamaro 03-09-2021 05:05 PM

I just ordered the Trifecta elite tune for mine. Anyone have this particular one and is it clutch/bottom end friendly? I've heard positive results after basic bolt ons.

Gunkk 03-09-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayruner (Post 10956763)
I finally desided to get a tune for my 16 ats 2.0 8 speed, could i have some opinions on the different tuners, good or bad, did quite a bit of research on different tuners, have no idea who to use.

Complete Street Performance outside Philly and Ted Jannetty in CT both have good reputations with 6th gen Camaros. Not sure about their specific turbo experience, however.