CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   CamaroFest VIII - Drag Racing Thread (Sponsored by Phastek) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516381)

faSSteddie 12-19-2017 02:44 PM

Is there any way we can vote on the Pro tree vs the Sportsman tree? I for one HATED the pro tree (sorry Bo!) or better yet, why can't the upper classes use the Pro tree and the lower classes use the Sportsman tree? They have the capability to do that , don't they?
faSSteddie

racergirl 12-19-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faSSteddie (Post 10015605)
Is there any way we can vote on the Pro tree vs the Sportsman tree? I for one HATED the pro tree (sorry Bo!) or better yet, why can't the upper classes use the Sportsman tree and the lower classes use the Sportsman tree? They have the capability to do that , don't they?
faSSteddie

Thank you!

Ace0751 12-19-2017 04:49 PM

loved the pro tree, was surprised on the first run but by the end had it nailed down with some quick reaction times.

chevyracingfan 12-19-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10015596)
Shoot even us two I4 racers were beating some V8s

you still have to line up next to me kev and pat

HartfordRacingCaptain 12-19-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Is there any way we can vote on the Pro tree vs the Sportsman tree? I for one HATED the pro tree (sorry Bo!) or better yet, why can't the upper classes use the Pro tree and the lower classes use the Sportsman tree? They have the capability to do that , don't they?
faSSteddie

What's the difference, for someone like me who wouldn't know?

RubyCamaro 12-19-2017 06:08 PM

:mad0259: Hate, hate, hate the pro tree.It seems to me it is much harder for newbys & even more experienced but not frequent drag racers.

RubyCamaro 12-19-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain (Post 10015831)
What's the difference, for someone like me who wouldn't know?

On the pro tree you get just all 3 yellow lights then green. Just yellow, go.

On the sportsman tree you get yellow, yellow, yellow green. It is like a cadence (or ready, set, go) so you can time your launch.

HartfordRacingCaptain 12-19-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10015900)

On the pro tree you get just all 3 yellow lights then green. Just yellow, go.

On the sportsman tree you get yellow, yellow, yellow green. It is like a cadence (or ready, set, go) so you can time your launch.

Gotcha. thanks. So seems like sportsman would help get the best times for everyone, while pro would benefit those with better reaction times (which tend to be the more experienced of the bunch)?

mlee 12-19-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

faSSteddie

yes, that capability exists and we will consider it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain (Post 10015913)
Gotcha. thanks. So seems like sportsman would help get the best times for everyone, while pro would benefit those with better reaction times (which tend to be the more experienced of the bunch)?

Neither one affects your time at all. But beating someone off the line in a heads up race helps you get to the finish line ahead of them. You could actually have a slower time and still win the race in what's called a hole shot.

Sportsman tree will cause red lights for some as they are anticipating and trying to cut the perfect light and end up going too early. With the Pro Tree we generally see a little slower reaction time but very few red lights which makes for some good racing. With a little practice on the pro tree you can get just as good or better reaction times. Everyone has their preference.

wrankin 12-19-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrankin (Post 10014823)
I noticed that the track ran the pro tree rather than the standard tree. After the fact I saw some guys grumble a little about it here on Camaro6. Mike, do you know what the plan is for 2018? ...and what determines the type of tree?
Bill

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything.

Bill

mlee 12-19-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrankin (Post 10016005)
Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything.

Bill

LOL... no worries Bill. That is exactly what this thread is meant for.

Much rather discuss it now than at the event.

Bo White 12-20-2017 02:36 AM

Correct. Reaction times and type tree has no effect on ET.
Main reason most like the pro tree is its real simular to arm drop street racing. Dont stage until your ready to drag race. Its intimidating at first and I get that but its quicker to get the cars through and its alot harder to red light with a pro tree.

hrpiii 12-20-2017 05:58 AM

Maybe a "Random Tree"...lol. You don't know what you are going to get till you see it. That will keep everyone on their toes and can't predict anything in advance. You want the driver to be ready, give him a "random tree" and he won't know what the heck to expect.

racergirl 12-20-2017 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 10016297)
Maybe a "Random Tree"...lol. You don't know what you are going to get till you see it. That will keep everyone on their toes and can't predict anything in advance. You want the driver to be ready, give him a "random tree" and he won't know what the heck to expect.

:thumbdown: