CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   CamaroFest VIII - Drag Racing Thread (Sponsored by Phastek) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516381)

chevyracingfan 12-18-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10013640)
Interesting. As much as i loved the nice weather I'd love high 70s low 80s this time lol. That heatsoak last year was killer. Any chance they will keep better track of who's racing in the classes? I know myself and whiskeyfed sat in the staging lanes for our runs for like 5-8 mins while they kept announcements going for us to be there.

Second question if we arrived on thursday can we tech in that day to save time i know we all kinda sat there for the tech in on friday for awhile last year.

If you are drag racing, post up what class and I'll do my best to keep this list as 100% updated as i can. If you need to bail for any major reason shoot me a PM or post on here so i can adjust accordingly in case maybe classes and racers wanna do their own ideas in addition to class racing.

Drag Racing List
:

Class 0: All 2.0T I4 Camaros

WhiskeyFed
Evil-Bee-NH

Class 1: All V6 Camaros

Class 1.5: Modded V6 Camaros.

racergirl

Class 2: Stock SS Camaros.

Class 3: Modified 5th/6th Gen Camaros.

chevyracingfan

Class 4: Super Modified FI/Nitrous 5th/6th Gen Camaros.

Class 5: Unlimited Any Camaro Any Mod/Driver

Bracket Racing: Any Camaro (Plz specify generation).

M6 Street Tire: Any Manual Camaro no DRs/ Slicks.

kev add me to class3

X-Factor 12-18-2017 07:40 PM

Please add me to the Class 2: Stock Class. Thanks!

RubyCamaro 12-18-2017 08:30 PM

I guess I'd be modified V6 (though not nearly as modified as racergirl) so add me there & to Bracket.

HartfordRacingCaptain 12-18-2017 08:40 PM

Stock SS please

wrankin 12-18-2017 08:44 PM

I noticed that the track ran the pro tree rather than the standard tree. After the fact I saw some guys grumble a little about it here on Camaro6. Mike, do you know what the plan is for 2018? ...and what determines the type of tree?

Signed up to drag race at this year's fest and blew a tire on the way there. Ended up with mismatched compound and I wasn't able to autocross either.

Bill

wrankin 12-18-2017 08:47 PM

Put me down for bracket racing.

2016 SS - 6 gen

Bill

Mr. Wyndham 12-18-2017 08:47 PM

Can't wait to watch this year's drags! :thumbsup:

wrankin 12-18-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 10014827)
Can't wait to watch this year's drags! :thumbsup:

Me too. I appreciate your help in 2017. I had a blow out on the way to CF and you helped me out.

Bill

Evil-Bee-NH 12-18-2017 10:29 PM

Updated. Ruby i hope we get enough V6 racers this year we'll need to have an offhand discussion with mike and maybe merc on everyones thoughts seperating the nitrous/FI V6 Camaros and the bolt-on V6 Camaros.

I guess the real discussion is do our two 10s V6 Racers, racergirl and Rick have an issue with separating their Nitrous/FI cars from the less heavily modded V6s.

racergirl 12-19-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10014943)
Updated. Ruby i hope we get enough V6 racers this year we'll need to have an offhand discussion with mike and maybe merc on everyones thoughts seperating the nitrous/FI V6 Camaros and the bolt-on V6 Camaros.

I guess the real discussion is do our two 10s V6 Racers, racergirl and Rick have an issue with separating their Nitrous/FI cars from the less heavily modded V6s.

Well, one of the 2 TT guys is out. He’s not coming to fest. But honestly, all the v6s are gonna get lumped into one class. Yet again. Which isn’t fair.

Bo White 12-19-2017 12:51 AM

Pro Tree all the way. Heard tons of people loving the Pro Tree especially in modified class.

Evil-Bee-NH 12-19-2017 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 10015000)
Well, one of the 2 TT guys is out. He’s not coming to fest. But honestly, all the v6s are gonna get lumped into one class. Yet again. Which isn’t fair.

We can change that if we get ahead of it now problem is for all the V6 racers i think there's maybe 3 or 4 vocal ones i don't even own a V6 anymore and I'm fighting for you guys having two classes. I get the need to have the turnout like mlee has said but having bolt-ons vs. Nitrous & FI builds in the V6 stable doesn't leave a lot of fairness it's like putting an SS against a ZL1 stock for stock. I mean had the Gretchen and Jantzen cars not exploded their guts on that amazing heads up run the closest would've been rick to them and he wasnt running his nitrous and was i think a 13.3? Your talking a full 3 seconds almost there.

Evil-Bee-NH 12-19-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 10015004)
Pro Tree all the way. Heard tons of people loving the Pro Tree especially in modified class.

I agree with Pro Tree it causes less DQs and helps move things along just sucks for building boost when you want to heads up race the other guy.

Bo White 12-19-2017 02:33 AM

You have to bump in like running on the street.