CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   1SS vs GT Premium (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445120)

formoutofchaos 03-20-2016 05:59 PM

1SS vs GT Premium

Its no doubt that the SS is the better driver I haven't driven the GT yet, but the cars line up for the 1SS to the Premium of the GT 2016 money wise, when you dip into the 2SS that starts creeping the 45K mark which model do you think is the best all around bang for your buck? on a side note my wife said she felt claustrophobic when she sat in the SS and did not in the new GT........ what are your thoughts? plus one can pick up a new GT used now they are appearing everywhere, I think the 1SS is a great price but wanting that leather and dual exhaust and MRC really creeps the price up vs the NEW GT

CAMAR0STEVE 03-20-2016 06:10 PM

you are paying for what you get. just get a 1ss with dual mode add leather to it and get the mrc if you really need it. it will be a much better car than the mustang. if you are buying a price than go with a GT. if you want a better handling and faster sports car buy the camaro

13vertss 03-20-2016 06:14 PM

You can't just look at price to make your choice, look at what you get for the price. The GT premium set up just like the 2ss are less then $500 apart. Also, you can't say you want NPP and Magride, but it put the price to high over the GT when the GT doesn't even offer it. Look at feature to feature and you will see prices very close.

CAMAR0STEVE 03-20-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's (Post 8980075)
You can't just look at price to make your choice, look at what you get for the price. The GT premium set up just like the 2ss are less then $500 apart. Also, you can't say you want NPP and Magride, but it put the price to high over the GT when the GT doesn't even offer it. Look at feature to feature and you will see prices very close.

:thumb::clap:

formoutofchaos 03-20-2016 06:27 PM

Ive also read that the GT premium has assembly issues panels not lining up etc,
is leather an option on 1SS? I do prefer the handling and power and looks of the SS, just forcing myself to look at other things ....

One other consideration was a Porsche Carerra Used but I think the tuning and maintenance prob kill you there $$$ in the long run

CAMAR0STEVE 03-20-2016 06:34 PM

not an option but I had the adrenaline red added aftermarket through a shop in connection with the dealer. only cost $599

ChefBorOzzy 03-20-2016 06:57 PM

The only options I would want is NPP, the split spoke wheels (200 bucks), and maybe, just maybe get Nav.. That's with either 1SS or 2SS.

You can't get dual mode exhaust or MRC on the Mustang, so I don't think it's fair to tack it on to the SS and say it's that much more expensive.

Either way, go with the car your heart desires. A GT the way I'd option it out would be about 40-41k for MSRP and the Camaro would be 43.5.. But, then I'd have to put an aftermarket exhaust on the Mustang which would run me a thousand bucks. In the end, pretty similar and I'd get extra features with the 2SS over GT PP premium along with a better transmission and more powerful engine.

One thing that bothers me about Mustang interior is the leather seats seem to be loose.. There is slack. I have seen this across a lot of Ford vehicles though. However, the leather in my 2013 Mustang is very tight.

ChefBorOzzy 03-20-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAR0STEVE (Post 8980112)
not an option but I had the adrenaline red added aftermarket through a shop in connection with the dealer. only cost $599

Are you saying you have a 1SS and had leather installed for 600 bucks?

EricTheCamaroGuy 03-20-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's (Post 8980075)

True statement! 😉

I think I overuse emojis, I'm only 18, so I text a lot, and a lot of emojis associate with texting. I tend not to use my phone a lot though, what gives?

EricTheCamaroGuy 03-20-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy (Post 8980152)
Are you saying you have a 1SS and had leather installed for 600 bucks?

You can get standard leather seats on a 2SS, but the base price for those things are above $40K, so people might have a strict budget.

CAMAR0STEVE 03-20-2016 09:23 PM

Yes I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer and had a leather company that works with the dealer install it. Same interior as the adrenaline red only difference is not having the red stitch on the shift boot steering wheel and door cards. But again I'm leasing my car if I was to buy it I would have went all out. I didn't need allot of the extras in the 2ss. Normally it is around $999-$1200 to add but negotiated it at cost. It's very common to have leather added through the dealer. they will always try to just up sell you to the model with leather.

ChefBorOzzy 03-20-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheCamaroGuy (Post 8980397)
You can get standard leather seats on a 2SS, but the base price for those things are above $40K, so people might have a strict budget.

Oh I wasn't questioning his purchase. I was just wondering if he did in fact have a 1SS and leather installed.

ChefBorOzzy 03-20-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAMAR0STEVE (Post 8980404)
Yes I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer and had a leather company that works with the dealer install it. Same interior as the adrenaline red only difference is not having the red stitch on the shift boot steering wheel and door cards. But again I'm leasing my car if I was to buy it I would have went all out. I didn't need allot of the extras in the 2ss. Normally it is around $999-$1200 to add but negotiated it at cost. It's very common to have leather added through the dealer. they will always try to just up sell you to the model with leather.

Hmm. That's not bad at all. While most of the features on 2SS could be nice, they're not needed.. Leather is nice though.

How is the quality of the install and the leather?

CAMAR0STEVE 03-20-2016 10:30 PM

It's actually in the shop now. Will recieve it back tomorrow and was going to take some pictures