CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Camaro is gone (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591704)

FarmerFran 04-26-2021 09:30 PM

The Camaro is gone

1 Attachment(s)
Very sad day for me, I have bought a lot of new cars in my life and none of them touched me like My Camaro.. I swore up and down I would have it until it fell apart.

Well it did and at less than 12K miles and just over a year of ownership.

In what the dealer said it "Hydrolocked" within a couple of months from a stuck injector. And a few 1000 miles.

Then the Window Delamination - should have not happened on a 2020 Convertible - and it happened with just a few 1000 miles

Then the motor completely failed end of last week - less than 12k miles

My local Chevy dealer is awesome and they bought the car from me as is. Obviously with the warranty so they will fix and sell it, and I am sure it will be fine. I just could not look at the car the same anymore. I considered ordering a 2022 or buying a 2021 but it is too soon. The sting is still there - I am super sad.

You all have been great. Be safe and have fun!

I ended up finding a

2021 Octane Red Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody TR-6060 and jumped.

closs2sx 04-26-2021 09:35 PM

Like the color.

cthulhucaller 04-26-2021 09:37 PM

That's a sharp looking Challenger. Enjoy it.

Puddin 04-26-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 11000086)
Very sad day for me, I have bought a lot of new cars in my life and none of them touched me like My Camaro.. I swore up and down I would have it until it fell apart.

Well it did and at less than 12K miles and just over a year of ownership.

In what the dealer said it "Hydrolocked" within a couple of months from a stuck injector. And a few 1000 miles.

Then the Window Delamination - should have not happened on a 2020 Convertible - and it happened with just a few 1000 miles

Then the motor completely failed end of last week - less than 12k miles

My local Chevy dealer is awesome and they bought the car from me as is. Obviously with the warranty so they will fix and sell it, and I am sure it will be fine. I just could not look at the car the same anymore. I considered ordering a 2022 or buying a 2021 but it is too soon. The sting is still there - I am super sad.

You all have been great. Be safe and have fun!

I ended up finding a

2021 Octane Red Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody TR-6060 and jumped.

Did they tell you the reason for the second failure of the motor?

Nothing like an SS 04-27-2021 06:58 AM

Well, that sucks! Sorry the Camaro didn't work out.

Love the new Challenger! Good luck with it!

snizzle 04-27-2021 07:15 AM

Dang we lost another one to Stellantis

Petrol Head 04-27-2021 07:33 AM

Sorry to see you leave the Camaro family but you did the right thing for yourself. Also, if I wasn't going to buy a Camaro it certainly would have been a Challenger for me - we can all stand united against Mustangs lol!

If anything you now have a back seat and a trunk lol

jamala00 04-27-2021 07:36 AM

Sorry you had such bad luck with the Camaro. Not a fan of the Challenger personally, I would have got a new Camaro... but that is why there are so many different vehicles right. We all have different tastes. Hope it treats you well.

KingLT1 04-27-2021 09:14 AM

Nice looking Challenger!

DaveC113 04-27-2021 09:21 AM

So sorry to hear, I would've done the same thing... in fact I did with my previous car, a Subaru STi that was having far too many issues for me to deal with. Sometimes lemons are lemons and every automaker has some it seems.

Luckily we have lemon laws, dealers are more motivated to take lemons back once the car falls into the classification.

The Challenger looks great, congrats! Should be a more comfortable car with useable back seat and trunk, lol...

Wyzz Kydd 04-27-2021 09:49 AM

Nice looking car. Good choice going with the widebody.

LT1ornothing 04-27-2021 09:59 AM

Wow Fran, that sucks to hear about the SS, but im really digging the scat pack. Hope you enjoy the larger cabin and trunk opening. Should be a great cruiser and straight line performer.

ZED SLED 04-27-2021 10:00 AM

That's too bad man. But hey, now you have room for the groceries. Just need to go back to the dealer and get those yellow splitter protectors put back on, lol.

Petrol Head 04-27-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 11000309)
That's too bad man. But hey, now you have room for the groceries. Just need to go back to the dealer and get those yellow splitter protectors put back on, lol.

I read somewhere the engineers are so tired of people not removing them (they're shipping protection wrap if anyone really wants to know) that they considered making them some other awful color like pink so people would tear them off because they look bad :smiling1: