CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Brand new 1SS-50 mi-already on a flatbed back to dealer (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478273)

cbr1100xx 12-25-2016 10:07 PM

Brand new 1SS-50 mi-already on a flatbed back to dealer

Maybe I set a record. This is the 2nd time I've driven the car since driving it home initially 17 miles.

Drove up the coast today in mid 50s temps. Noticed the fan seemed to constantly be on after about 10 minutes or so. Then low gears started to feel like they grinded a bit at low rpm. Then all of a sudden I saw this:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psjwu1e5gp.jpg

Immediately parked the car and shut it off. Popped the hood. Zero coolant. Bought some at the 7-11 across the street. Put some in and watched it leak out the bottom of the car almost instantly.

Well I got to use my free trial of OnSTAR! Towed to the dealer. Left keys and description in night drop. I'm not certain they're even open tomorrow. I'll call and find out.
Only thing that was done to my car prior to pick up was the hood was re-aligned. Then I drove it home and then parked in underground gated garage Haven't found a TSB yet on this. Didn't notice any coolant on the floor in the parking garage when I left but didn't look. I will take a look later.

I hope this isn't my future with this car and it's a freak thing. I also hope I didn't damage the engine. But I did shut kill it once I saw the warning.

mariojmoe 12-25-2016 10:28 PM

Dammit man I'm sorry, that totally stinks. I'm thinking whoever pdi'd your car either didn't do it thoroughly or maybe a hise came loose. Either way these cars are pretty stout and you'll be back on the road in no time.

bybcous 12-25-2016 10:35 PM

That sucks, i purchased a 16 grand cherokee at about 8pm at night back in maywe left dealer, 30 minutes later we threw about 5 codes and the engine was making a lot of noise, i demanded thr dealer give me head of line with mechanic the next morning which they did and have had no problems since with the car. Just saying don't let this small thing ruin yiur experience.

RenegadeXR 12-25-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 9472117)
I hope this isn't my future with this car and it's a freak thing. I also hope I didn't damage the engine. But I did shut kill it once I saw the warning.

In a way you're almost lucky if its such an obvious coolant leak that it came out immediately when you tried to fill the reservoir. Slow or even moderate leaks are a real pain because they require mixing a tracer dye into it to find out where it's escaping from, and depending on the rate, it could take weeks or months of driving to figure out.

Hopefully this is the only issue you will experience for a long time. As I always say, sometimes its better to use up your bad luck early on. :P

cbr1100xx 12-25-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeXR (Post 9472137)
In a way you're almost lucky if its such an obvious coolant leak that it came out immediately when you tried to fill the reservoir. Slow or even moderate leaks are a real pain because they require mixing a tracer dye into it to find out where it's escaping from, and depending on the rate, it could take weeks or months of driving to figure out.

Hopefully this is the only issue you will experience for a long time. As I always say, sometimes its better to use up your bad luck early on. :P

I hope so. Yes coolant was gone and all over street in no time.

cbr1100xx 12-25-2016 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bybcous (Post 9472135)
i demanded thr dealer give me head

I may do this too.

Homer2 12-25-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 9472152)
I may do this too.

Oh.. I thought you bought a Camaro.. not a Mustang.

cbr1100xx 12-25-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homer2 (Post 9472158)
Oh.. I thought you bought a Camaro.. not a Mustang.

:bellyroll:
:focus:

Lanzz 12-26-2016 05:47 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I recently picked up a new 2017 Mercedes E300, and the check engine light came on when it had 12 miles on it. That, along with some sort of odd tapping noise from the right rear corner of the car, had it out of service for a week - the first week I owned it. Mine left on a flatbed as well - so - crossing my fingers that your situation works out.

Daves1SS 12-26-2016 06:07 PM

What rotten luck! Please keep us updated. What's with your low oil pressure in that pic? I have never seen my oil pressure that low.....

Not to bring up another potential problem but since I noticed it I did want to say something.

Pfizer 12-26-2016 07:07 PM

if i were you i would ask for a new car; your car overheated once and its enough to cause a damage in the engine, you won't see probably any evidence of this until a couple of years from now; ask for a new car or get an extended warranty without additional cost but still keep in mind probably the engine is already damaged.

LT4Greg 12-26-2016 07:29 PM

Well I don't think you will get a new car even if you were to ask! Your Camaro will be okay. After you get it back if I were you I would keep a check on the antifreeze and oil levels for a while. It was wise for you to shut it off when the DIC lit up and wait for the tow truck. Good luck!

16Panther 12-26-2016 08:56 PM

If you want reliable transportation get a flat bed truck?

1BlueSS 12-26-2016 09:12 PM

Just me or does the oil pressure look low too? Good luck on getting it fixed! Hopefully it was something simple.