CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Savages steal over 50 cars. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576447)

MackSteelPrivateEye 06-03-2020 01:24 PM

Savages steal over 50 cars.

Effing Animals.:mad0259::mad2:
You loot you, you shoot.:mad0260:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZWqr0qeKQ

caSStro18 06-03-2020 01:33 PM

This sickens me to no end! This shit needs to stop! What does this accomplish to make a better/safer community? NOTHING! I also think the media needs to stop reporting on these riots, looting, and vandalism. Seriously pisses me off!

Bumbleboy92 06-03-2020 01:34 PM

Jeez,

They’ll probably find all the cars but at that point that’s all on the dealers insurance, a good number of those will be stripped or damaged enough to go to auction. Crazy to see that

zedts1986 06-03-2020 01:38 PM

Shoot? No. Find them, arrest them, and try them before judge and jury.

Stupid crime to commit.

caSStro18 06-03-2020 01:39 PM

My question is...how did they get them started? Most modern cars won't do much of anything without the key fob. I'm not even sure if they can be hot wired like cars before all this technology. Did they first break into the dealership and get the key fobs?

caSStro18 06-03-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedts1986 (Post 10803398)

Stupid crime to commit.

Yep. Shooting them would be illegal and create way more problems. The news gets ahold of that and we would be in serious trouble!

Nucdancer01 06-03-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caSStro18 (Post 10803400)
My question is...how did they get them started? Most modern cars won't do much of anything without the key fob. I'm not even sure if they can be hot wired like cars before all this technology. Did they first break into the dealership and get the key fobs?

They used the keys from the safe..

I`m Batman 06-03-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caSStro18 (Post 10803403)
Yep. Shooting them would be illegal and create way more problems. The news gets ahold of that and we would be in serious trouble!

It's a one way street. All of the hard working people just have to bend over and take it up the @$$ or get murdered and let them do whatever they want... or it's racist.

UnknownJinX 06-03-2020 01:58 PM

This is sickening, but ultimately nothing new.

This is what, ahem, "peaceful protests" boil down to. A legitimate/somewhat legitimate cause and then looters start to take advantage of the situation. I even saw Facebook posts that actually try to justify the violence. Guess that's why I don't use Facebook anymore.

Anyway, dealers have insurance to cover most of the damage, hopefully. Cars will be tracked down as I believe dealers would have to take the car out of the demo mode or whatever before a real customer take delivery and the thieves obviously can't bypass that.

The typical practice is to bring them to chop shops but I am not sure about the intelligence of those thieves. Maybe they will actually try to sell them or try to drive around in them.

TRZ06 06-03-2020 02:06 PM

While this does suck, what really bothers me more is people blocking roadways, throwing rocks at cars and scaring the shit out of people stuck in those cars.

If I get stuck in a mob of aggressive protesters, my foot will be to the floor and peeps will get ran over.

I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Once you start blocking cars and put others in a threatening position, you are no longer a protester, you are acting in an illegal manner with the intent to injure.

plus1zero 06-03-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 10803418)
This is sickening, but ultimately nothing new.

This is what, ahem, "peaceful protests" boil down to. A legitimate/somewhat legitimate cause and then looters start to take advantage of the situation. I even saw Facebook posts that actually try to justify the violence. Guess that's why I don't use Facebook anymore.

Anyway, dealers have insurance to cover most of the damage, hopefully. Cars will be tracked down as I believe dealers would have to take the car out of the demo mode or whatever before a real customer take delivery and the thieves obviously can't bypass that.

The typical practice is to bring them to chop shops but I am not sure about the intelligence of those thieves. Maybe they will actually try to sell them or try to drive around in them.

These folks were stealing demo iPhones too, I doubt they have the capacity to think to take them to a chopshop, they likely will joy ride and leave them abandoned somewhere.

Red Chief 06-03-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedts1986 (Post 10803398)

Stupid crime to commit.

In St. Louis the Post-Dispatch just reported that all 36 rioters who were arrested the day before have been released from jail. One retired policeman was murdered while defending a pawn shop--which was captured on Facebook Live--and four other policeman were shot(not killed)in the riots.

So now what? Your move.

gmcvt 06-03-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caSStro18 (Post 10803400)

Yes, that is the box the owner showed in the video.

mikeman 06-03-2020 03:08 PM

They couldn't sell the cars due to the pandemic so they let the keys out to be stolen. Then, they recover the damage with insurance and things are golden again. Inside job.