CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   2017 5.0 vs 2016 Camaro 2.0 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514517)

DoItForDale 11-26-2017 04:05 PM

2017 5.0 vs 2016 Camaro 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDs6OSYzwRU

Johnny2343 11-26-2017 04:54 PM

Wth ?

SaGa 11-26-2017 05:22 PM

What's that thing got done to it omg

96MrBass 11-26-2017 05:52 PM

Lol crazy! And that's why factory don't matter.

Michigan1LTRS 11-26-2017 06:14 PM

Eat it 5.0 :burnrubber: :headbang: :sm0:

DarkFangz1100 11-26-2017 07:37 PM

lol just shared this with my buddy who has a 5.0 that's always talking trash on 2.0s....XD

ChicagoTommy 11-26-2017 10:39 PM

Definitely need some details here!

SoCalThug 11-27-2017 08:23 AM

Crazy ur running the car without a tune with these results when the guy with the fastest 2.0 said without a tune you wont gain anything because the tcm wont let you. Maybe he can chime in on this? Doubt stock 2.0 will pull on a gt.

MP3BOOSTED 11-27-2017 08:32 AM

good stuff bro, would really like to see your 2.0 vs a ss!!!

Evil-Bee-NH 11-27-2017 08:46 AM

Lawl the guy that said no gains with bolt-ons and no tune was blowing smoke remember he didn't even drive his car for that pass... There's plenty of gains without a tune bjt you should tune if you decide on catless dp for safety reasons the same way you'd get a tune if you did longtube headers on a V8.

b0bsaget007 11-27-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalThug (Post 9989590)
Crazy ur running the car without a tune with these results when the guy with the fastest 2.0 said without a tune you wont gain anything because the tcm wont let you. Maybe he can chime in on this? Doubt stock 2.0 will pull on a gt.

I'm not him, but what I can tell you is that the TCM does limit power IF you have the 8-speed automatic. The car in the video is a 6-speed manual car, you can tell by the no-lift shifting. The 6-speed manual does NOT have this limitation.

Evil-Bee-NH 11-27-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper1965 (Post 9989738)
I'm going to hold myself back this time...Just seems like the best thing to do..
But, just for the record.. manual transmissions don't have or need a TCM.

Agreed. M6 doesn't have the A8 TCM it get's worse when you have a 2017+ A8 because you need to physically take the TCM out and mail it out to be unlocked. GM just hating on us all over again I couldn't get a straight answer out of the engineers at CamaroFest 7 for this either. Not to call it out here but your roll racing so your likely building boost long before you ever hit the pedal completely but beating a 5.0 Mustang is still awesome. Taking him from a Dig would be much more impressive though.

ChicagoTommy 11-27-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 9989771)
Agreed. M6 doesn't have the A8 TCM it get's worse when you have a 2017+ A8 because you need to physically take the TCM out and mail it out to be unlocked. GM just hating on us all over again I couldn't get a straight answer out of the engineers at CamaroFest 7 for this either. Not to call it out here but your roll racing so your likely building boost long before you ever hit the pedal completely but beating a 5.0 Mustang is still awesome. Taking him from a Dig would be much more impressive though.

Just stop, before you get in too deep. Have you been drinking this morning? A bit of Irish coffee on the way to work? I can assure you that GM is not 'hating' on anyone, let alone 'all over again'... I can't even. They are locking ECU's down due to the excessive amount of warranty claims from modified vehicles. It's the owners that don't take responsibility for their own actions that have forced GM's hand. GM wouldn't arbitrarily add complex and cost to a product unless it saw a significant need. So, your beef isn't with GM, it's with the shitty people that commit warranty fraud on a daily basis. The people that don't think rules apply to them. Those are the people with which you have an issue. That's why I point it out and give people shit whenever I see it happening. As far as GM Engineers not wanting to discuss it with you... Well if you approached them with as much tact as you generally show on here, I can fully understand why they wouldn't want to explain shit to the guy that just called them 'haters'. Why would anyone with the job title of 'Engineer' risk their livelihood to spell out why the TCM needs to be locked? That really should be common sense. Besides, I thought I politely told you to STFU about the damned TCM already? Just let it go already. I thought we had already hit peak annoyance around here when oemtech wouldn't STFU about his new 'dur HEMI' in every single thread, but you've far surpassed even him by now and have firmly earned the crown.

As far as building boost goes in an M6... Dude, you still don't firmly grasp how a turbocharger even functions. Don't start wading into areas in which you have zero experience. I mean really? Building boost in an M6 before they hit the throttle? That's definitely not how turbos work.

ChicagoTommy 11-27-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalThug (Post 9989590)

Do you know what is done to this car? Or are you just guessing? Your comment is very confusing.