CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   MBRP axle back for V6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572980)

HCI2000SS 04-05-2020 09:53 AM

MBRP axle back for V6

Anyone have any personal experience with this? I find very limited info on it for a 6th gen V6. My main concern is fitment and drone issues. The pricing is awesome, so it captured my interest.

Thanks

Spudsmaro 04-05-2020 04:34 PM

mbrp quad tip axle back exhaust is amazing, no drone at all and looks great. (i have this one)

now a cat back is more expensive but worth it (more power). there will be no drone with the systems because they are engineered to not have drone good luck

HCI2000SS 04-05-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudsmaro (Post 10760905)
mbrp quad tip axle back exhaust is amazing, no drone at all and looks great. (i have this one)

now a cat back is more expensive but worth it (more power). there will be no drone with the systems because they are engineered to not have drone good luck

Is the rest of your exhaust completely stock? Was fitment pretty much spot on?

Spudsmaro 04-06-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 10760916)
Is the rest of your exhaust completely stock? Was fitment pretty much spot on?

fitment was perfect.

no the rest of my exhaust is not stock.

the first exhaust mod i put was the axle back it def fits stock setup no fitment issues.

i have American Racing headers Catless downpipes that lead to a 2.5 inch x pipe then straight piped all the way to my mbrp quad tip axle back

HCI2000SS 04-06-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudsmaro (Post 10761599)
fitment was perfect.

the first exhaust mod i put was the axle back it def fits stock setup no fitment issues.

i have American Racing headers Catless downpipes that lead to a 2.5 inch x pipe then straight piped all the way to my mbrp quad tip axle back

So you had no drone back when it was just the MBRP axle back only correct?

Luckycod4 04-07-2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudsmaro (Post 10761599)
fitment was perfect.

Do you have any before and after clips of the downpipes?

Spudsmaro 04-07-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckycod4 (Post 10761779)
Do you have any before and after clips of the downpipes?

no but i can show you after pic? dont know if that helps tho

Luckycod4 04-07-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudsmaro (Post 10762089)
no but i can show you after pic? dont know if that helps tho

I just want to know if they are worth getting. How much louder did it get?

Spudsmaro 04-08-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckycod4 (Post 10762145)
I just want to know if they are worth getting. How much louder did it get?

lol just know people say my car sounds like an zl1 but they are fools it is extremely louder and very much worth it go to my ig @_.spud.__ to see clips

Wipeyourself 04-10-2020 12:21 PM

I got the non-npp alumnized axle back on a 19 rs. Fitment is excellent, drone is little to none. Looking at the kit I was worried it would be obnoxious, it's not. Its volume isn't much more then stock while cruising. When your on it, others will notice u.

I don't have a clip. Before I purchased I looked for sound clips and only found a few. They sounded like crap so I was hesitant to purchase. Low quality cell phones record low quality audio clips.

HCI2000SS 04-10-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipeyourself (Post 10764091)
I got the non-npp alumnized axle back on a 19 rs. Fitment is excellent, drone is little to none. Looking at the kit I was worried it would be obnoxious, it's not. Its volume isn't much more then stock while cruising. When your on it, others will notice u.

I don't have a clip. Before I purchased I looked for sound clips and only found a few. They sounded like crap so I was hesitant to purchase. Low quality cell phones record low quality audio clips.

Thanks for the response! Being that you got the aluminized version, how is it holding up? How long have you had it, and do you drive the car all year long?

Wipeyourself 04-10-2020 12:41 PM

I drive year round with fairly harsh winters. I wont comment on durability its only been on a little over a month. Keep in mind most stock systems are made of alumnized materials so it should last fairly well. The trouble points will be the welds. Clean the pipes and paint them if you choose.

From what I've been led to believe is with mbrp you either buy the alumnized or the SS. I've read the black coating isn't the greatest. I have no opinion as I haven't seen it personally.

HCI2000SS 04-10-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipeyourself (Post 10764098)
I drive year round with fairly harsh winters. I wont comment on durability its only been on a little over a month. Keep in mind most stock systems are made of alumnized materials so it should last fairly well. The trouble points will be the welds. Clean the pipes and paint them if you choose.

From what I've been led to believe is with mbrp you either buy the alumnized or the SS. I've read the black coating isn't the greatest. I have no opinion as I haven't seen it personally.

I was under the impression that most stock systems are actually 409 stainless now. The Camaro included. If I did do the aluminized version I'd definitely paint and maintain it without question. So overall you're very happy with the setup? No other issues or complaints?

Wipeyourself 04-10-2020 01:42 PM

Yes sir, no complaints. The instructions were a little confusing on where to cut. The sheet I had showed 2 cut lines. So I cut on the side of caution. It was a little long so I cut it again inline with the rear cross member. Clamps are nice. Tips are fine but when your holding them in your hand they have a cheap look/feel to them, installed they look fine. They have a Universal clamp on the back.