CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294)
-   -   My build is almost complete!! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598405)

BlaqWhole 10-15-2021 10:55 AM

My build is almost complete!!
 
It's been quite some time since I dropped off my ZL1 to get modded and there were a few snags and delays along the way. But it is just about finished. It was on the dyno a few days ago and I got some numbers. But I opted to go for a little bit more. Here is where I am at.

Build includes: Whipple 2.9 (originally I planned for the Maggie 2650 but we had issues getting one).
TSP stage 2 cam (DOD delete).
PRC ported heads.
TSP 2 inch LTs.
Full 3 inch exhaust (MBRP Race catback).
Big Gulp intake.
NW 103mm TB.
DSX Aux pump.
Flex Fuel setup.
93 Octane tune, 100 Octane tune, Flex Fuel tune.
Other ancillary items (plugs, etc...)

So aiming for the Heavens I was hoping for 850-ish to the wheels on 93 octane and closer to 900 on 100 octane. I dream big. I'll be happy tho with 800-ish on 93 and 850s on 100. On the dyno so far we hit 730s to the wheels but the pull was in 6th and that was with the lower than expected boost (I believe it was just under 15 psi). I wanted to squeeze a bit more boost out so we ordered another pulley and belt and will see what that gets us.

I'm aware that 7th is the 1:1 ratio and ideal for pulls but we have to go with 6th due to restrictions with the dyno. So I'm guessing that is costing me some power...maybe around 30. The new pulley should get me to right about 16 which should squeeze out a bit more. I'm guessing that if the pull is in 7th then I'd be seeing high 700s on 93. As it is I'm guessing mid 700s with the extra pulley and the 6th gear pull. The 100 octane pull should be high 700s but I am hoping to break the 800 mark with 100 octane in 6th.

I am also having an E85 setup and tune added in with a gauge. I'm thinking that will be good for high 700s on E30-40...?? Guesses??

Hopefully it will all be buttoned up today or tomorrow. If not then early next week. I'd like to see some guesses on my final numbers. I will update as soon as I get them.

Also, in NJ we have 93 octane everywhere. However I am in Nebraska for a work assignment and will likely have the car out here for a few months to a year. In Omaha the max is 91 octane. Any suggestions on octane boosters that are safe and reliable? I might just get a 91 octane tune added in for safety. Ideas??

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 01:35 PM

only issue with the parts i see unless things changed since i did my build last year is the TSP cams having 32% fuel lobe instead of the 38% like BTR. Your build is very similar to mine except i didn't do the ported heads and of course mine is 2650. I am seeing e30 as doable. My Fueling on both sides is holding well. My Inj pulse width is in the 5.9-6.2 range on e32. Still trying to dial in the Lambda...i seem to be .84 to .86 range. Only regret was not doing the 30 over injectors, but they are so damn expensive.

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 01:37 PM

Forgot to mention you will want to do a lower pulley too as i didn't see it on the list of parts if u really want those kind of numbers without adding Meth to the mix. I chose not to use Meth for my build. I will do injectors before doing meth.

JSH 10-15-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084647)
only issue with the parts i see unless things changed since i did my build last year is the TSP cams having 32% fuel lobe instead of the 38% like BTR. Your build is very similar to mine except i didn't do the ported heads and of course mine is 2650. I am seeing e30 as doable. My Fueling on both sides is holding well. My Inj pulse width is in the 5.9-6.2 range on e32. Still trying to dial in the Lambda...i seem to be .84 to .86 range. Only regret was not doing the 30 over injectors, but they are so damn expensive.

Which fuel pump? I'm not seeing it. LPE Big Bore?

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 11084650)
Which fuel pump? I'm not seeing it. LPE Big Bore?

me or Blaq? I didn't do high side. I did do the Lingenfelter high flow check valve, but that is low side as well. Another item to add to the list Blaq! I wish while the blower was off i did the 30% injectors. Doubt i would have done the Big Bore pump..Very expensive for only up to 10% flow increase on LT4s. I would think the injectors is more bang for the buck.

BlaqWhole 10-15-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084647)
only issue with the parts i see unless things changed since i did my build last year is the TSP cams having 32% fuel lobe instead of the 38% like BTR. Your build is very similar to mine except i didn't do the ported heads and of course mine is 2650. I am seeing e30 as doable. My Fueling on both sides is holding well. My Inj pulse width is in the 5.9-6.2 range on e32. Still trying to dial in the Lambda...i seem to be .84 to .86 range. Only regret was not doing the 30 over injectors, but they are so damn expensive.

Yea I saw your thread where you were talking about the fuel lobe. I do think mine is 32%. I hope that doesn't give me any issues.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084648)
Forgot to mention you will want to do a lower pulley too as i didn't see it on the list of parts if u really want those kind of numbers without adding Meth to the mix. I chose not to use Meth for my build. I will do injectors before doing meth.

Yes I have the ATI balancer. They were able to get me to 16 psi boost with the smaller upper pulley in combination with the ATI balancer. So far we are at 740 RWHP. I should have final numbers later today. I'm hoping to be over 750 RWHP on 93 and break into the 800s on race gas.

Again my numbers are in 6th gear which is about 30 HP lower than 7th.

BlaqWhole 10-15-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSH (Post 11084650)
Which fuel pump? I'm not seeing it. LPE Big Bore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084666)
me or Blaq? I didn't do high side. I did do the Lingenfelter high flow check valve, but that is low side as well. Another item to add to the list Blaq! I wish while the blower was off i did the 30% injectors. Doubt i would have done the Big Bore pump..Very expensive for only up to 10% flow increase on LT4s. I would think the injectors is more bang for the buck.

I have the DSX Aux pump.

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 04:29 PM

Pretty much same here..I am in the 15/16 boost range. I think your goal is doable with ur parts list. And as I have learned depending on what afr/lambda the tuner uses. At .8 Lambda I was 801rwhp on 100 octane, but after retune and at .88 Lambda 805 on 93. On e47 was 848rwhp but manifold Temps were high in 165 range. My end game is e30 without doing high side.

BlaqWhole 10-15-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084744)
Pretty much same here..I am in the 15/16 boost range. I think your goal is doable with ur parts list. And as I have learned depending on what afr/lambda the tuner uses. At .8 Lambda I was 801rwhp on 100 octane, but after retune and at .88 Lambda 805 on 93. On e47 was 848rwhp but manifold Temps were high in 165 range. My end game is e30 without doing high side.

Is .88 a little too aggressive? Or is it ok because of DFI?

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 11084815)
Is .88 a little too aggressive? Or is it ok because of DFI?

Depends on who you talk to since 99% on this forum say too lean, but can't say there is any data to prove them right. I have been readjusting mine to be in the .84 to .87 range while at e30. My fuel pressure on both low and high side have been good and steady. Inj pulse width based on a log from tonight was 5.7 to 6.1 range. On 93 octane it was 5.0 to 5.2.. My reason to run e30 is the cooling benefit plus being able to get same or better gain and can stop having to add boostane.

IneedAZ 10-15-2021 08:42 PM

This guy did mine..if you forward to 9min mark he mentioned what afr he likes for LT4s. This is not my car.
https://youtu.be/rqQ5cNQVeX8

Camaro1973 10-16-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 11084647)
only issue with the parts i see unless things changed since i did my build last year is the TSP cams having 32% fuel lobe instead of the 38% like BTR. Your build is very similar to mine except i didn't do the ported heads and of course mine is 2650. I am seeing e30 as doable. My Fueling on both sides is holding well. My Inj pulse width is in the 5.9-6.2 range on e32. Still trying to dial in the Lambda...i seem to be .84 to .86 range. Only regret was not doing the 30 over injectors, but they are so damn expensive.

There’s a reason why the 32% lobe is more common. There’s been reported pump issues/failures running higher, so most stick with 32% as it’s the safest.

Camaro1973 10-16-2021 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 11084566)
It's been quite some time since I dropped off my ZL1 to get modded and there were a few snags and delays along the way. But it is just about finished. It was on the dyno a few days ago and I got some numbers. But I opted to go for a little bit more. Here is where I am at.

Build includes: Whipple 2.9 (originally I planned for the Maggie 2650 but we had issues getting one).
TSP stage 2 cam (DOD delete).
PRC ported heads.
TSP 2 inch LTs.
Full 3 inch exhaust (MBRP Race catback).
Big Gulp intake.
NW 103mm TB.
DSX Aux pump.
Flex Fuel setup.
93 Octane tune, 100 Octane tune, Flex Fuel tune.
Other ancillary items (plugs, etc...)

So aiming for the Heavens I was hoping for 850-ish to the wheels on 93 octane and closer to 900 on 100 octane. I dream big. I'll be happy tho with 800-ish on 93 and 850s on 100. On the dyno so far we hit 730s to the wheels but the pull was in 6th and that was with the lower than expected boost (I believe it was just under 15 psi). I wanted to squeeze a bit more boost out so we ordered another pulley and belt and will see what that gets us.

I'm aware that 7th is the 1:1 ratio and ideal for pulls but we have to go with 6th due to restrictions with the dyno. So I'm guessing that is costing me some power...maybe around 30. The new pulley should get me to right about 16 which should squeeze out a bit more. I'm guessing that if the pull is in 7th then I'd be seeing high 700s on 93. As it is I'm guessing mid 700s with the extra pulley and the 6th gear pull. The 100 octane pull should be high 700s but I am hoping to break the 800 mark with 100 octane in 6th.

I am also having an E85 setup and tune added in with a gauge. I'm thinking that will be good for high 700s on E30-40...?? Guesses??

Hopefully it will all be buttoned up today or tomorrow. If not then early next week. I'd like to see some guesses on my final numbers. I will update as soon as I get them.

Also, in NJ we have 93 octane everywhere. However I am in Nebraska for a work assignment and will likely have the car out here for a few months to a year. In Omaha the max is 91 octane. Any suggestions on octane boosters that are safe and reliable? I might just get a 91 octane tune added in for safety. Ideas??

Run some boostane, torco, racegas etc. or if there’s real race gas you can mix some in.

BlaqWhole 10-16-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro1973 (Post 11084912)
Run some boostane, torco, racegas etc. or if there’s real race gas you can mix some in.

I did a search for race gas but it seems there are no stations close to me in Nebraska that have it. This wouldn't be an issue if I was in Jersey, lol!!

I'll look into the Boostane and Torco. But will it be enough to bring 91 octane up to 93? I figure a full tank out here will probably last me about 2 months. I figure I DD my truck and I filled up around Sept 24th and didn't have to refill it again until a couple days ago. So my ZL1 which won't be my DD will probably last much longer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.