CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   I Ordered The Continental DWS 06 All Season Tires For My 2SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538327)

IneedAZ 09-13-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro 79 (Post 10310106)
On my 2016 GT, I had the stock pirelli summer tires and the BFG Comp 2 were better in every performance category (except for repeated laps on a track). It seems like the run flats that come with the camaro are equally as poor, so I plan to switch to the BFG Comp 2 this fall.

For hard driving on the street in all seasons, the only better tire is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but they don't seem to make those in our size.

did u the regular comp2 or the comp2 A/S...i am still kinda torn between the two since i live in florida i dont get too many days under 40, but we do get some and it is my DD.

Camaro 79 09-13-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 10310112)
did u the regular comp2 or the comp2 A/S...i am still kinda torn between the two since i live in florida i dont get too many days under 40, but we do get some and it is my DD.

A/S, you would probably be fine with the Summers, but if that's the guess go Michelin, as they operate in colder temperatures the best.

If you have a significant amount of weather below 50 then go A/S, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it

Navigator 09-13-2018 01:08 PM

I have ran the Extremecontact DWS for three years/winters on my Mustang and one year/winter so far on my SS. Since I use it for daily driving in a city and don't really push it to its limits, I can't comment on performance loss compared to summer tires, but have been pretty happy with how they perform in snow and wet conditions.

Camaro 79 09-13-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navigator (Post 10310159)
I have ran the Extremecontact DWS for three years/winters on my Mustang and one year/winter so far on my SS. Since I use it for daily driving in a city and don't really push it to its limits, I can't comment on performance loss compared to summer tires, but have been pretty happy with how they perform in snow and wet conditions.

Worth noting, this. If I had a DD that I didn't drive hard, the DWS would be my first choice.

Deputy Dog 09-13-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 10310018)
I think I was the first to get the newest model Zeon all-seasons when they came out. If Cooper made the Mickey S/S tires in all season with longer tread life, this is probably what they would be.

The sidewalls aren't as soft as the Conti's, so they don't need as much warm up to get round before you roadforce them. My car will sit cold for 2-3 days at a time and the tires smooth out within 5 minutes (about how long it takes before the psi in the tires starts to climb).

After 10k miles on them, they have more than half their tread left. The wet weather is still the same as day two (day one needed some dry burnouts to get the sheen off of them). I would say these are better than the General AS-03's I had on the 2013 for all season duty. If I'm being honest, I want to try the AS-05's to see if they also improved as much as these latest Zeon's have.

The current generation Zeon's are what Roush uses on their Mustangs, but that isn't saying much because they put 275 tires on a 600hp+ vehicle just so it can break loose whenever the driver wants -- like a Hellcat.

If asked if I would buy these tires again, I would definitely say yes, but I wish they offered more sizes on the wider widths. A 305/30/20 or 305/35/19 would be nice.

Honestly, almost any all-season performance tire is going to feel better and handle better in real weather than the stock runflats do. I think it was kind of dumb to offer a poor performance runflat just to save 3 lbs by removing the tire inflator. Yes, the Camaro has great numbers completely stock, but you can change to so many other street tires and improve your numbers over what the factory provided.

Thanks..I'll add these to may shopping list!:thumb:

drperry 09-13-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro 79 (Post 10310106)
On my 2016 GT, I had the stock pirelli summer tires and the BFG Comp 2 were better in every performance category (except for repeated laps on a track). It seems like the run flats that come with the camaro are equally as poor, so I plan to switch to the BFG Comp 2 this fall.

For hard driving on the street in all seasons, the only better tire is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, but they don't seem to make those in our size.

The Michelin.ca website lists them the stock SS sizes... But finding a store that has them hasn't worked so far... I don't know if they're a retired size, or too new of a size, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Baddawg53 09-13-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro 79 (Post 10310162)
Worth noting, this. If I had a DD that I didn't drive hard, the DWS would be my first choice.

I can totally see this.....

They're also far quieter than the stockers, and if I was the type to drive the speed limit everywhere, and live somewhere that it actually rained or had any bad weather, I'd probably love these tires.

Camaro 79 09-14-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddawg53 (Post 10310677)
I can totally see this.....

They're also far quieter than the stockers, and if I was the type to drive the speed limit everywhere, and live somewhere that it actually rained or had any bad weather, I'd probably love these tires.

100%. They're the most comfortable of the group.

Also, they do perform quite well. But their sidewall is softer compared to the other 2 A/S mentioned (Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and G-force Comp 2 A/S) that it feels like they don't. They're an excellent choice

Camaro 79 09-14-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drperry (Post 10310672)
The Michelin.ca website lists them the stock SS sizes... But finding a store that has them hasn't worked so far... I don't know if they're a retired size, or too new of a size, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah strange af, when I moved to the camaro I wanted to try this out to take advantage of the higher performance, but the g-force are still comparable (and a bit cheaper).

enzia35 09-14-2018 02:44 PM

Don't forget about the General G-Max AS-05. Tested very slightly below the BFG Comp-2 A/S.

pkssauce 09-14-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack46 (Post 10307494)
Well, I'm only at 3500 miles and its nerve racking driving in the rain..So, I just ordered the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 all-season tires for my 2SS..I was going to order these next spring to replace the stock eagle F1 run flat summer tires any way...I can at least have the peace of mind that I can drive on wet roads and don't have to worry about the temperatures dipping into the 30s or 40s and the stock tires turning into hockey pucks...
It's too early to put on my ugly 18" blizzak snow tires. It's just these stock tires are terrible on wet roads.

I have them on mine, no problems in the rain here, they are a good choice.

MackSteelPrivateEye 09-18-2018 03:22 PM

I have 18k miles on my RF tires...never an issue in the rain.

redcoats1976 09-18-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy Dog (Post 10307591)
Some say the Cooper Zeons are the way to go.

just ordered a set for my camaro.i got 36k out of the summer pirellis so i cant complain about them.tire rack sells them for a lot less than my local dealer.

MackSteelPrivateEye 09-18-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoats1976 (Post 10315039)
just ordered a set for my camaro.i got 36k out of the summer pirellis so i cant complain about them.tire rack sells them for a lot less than my local dealer.

How do the cooper ZEONS feel?