CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time to move Corona (Covid-19) virus posts (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571984)

ariZona28 03-16-2020 10:55 AM

Time to move Corona (Covid-19) virus posts

Attention MODS: there are 2 posts on this forum that IMO need to be moved or even closed. "Has this corona issue affected your job" (in the general topic) and the "Covid-19 making you reconsider any plans?" (Z/28). At well over 200 responses these posts have escalated to heated vitriolic political debate that is taking this forum in an unintended direction. My concern is that future sharing of info between members may be curtailed due to one's previous political admissions. Example: I'm not helping that jerk, he's a liberal or that guy is a Trump supporter, pound sand! While world events and opinions are important there is a time and place for them. Perhaps moving both to the "Off topic discussions" section would be a fair compromise.

rickyrocket 03-17-2020 11:28 AM

You don't have to look at the posts!

Vegas Bound 03-17-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrocket (Post 10747046)
You don't have to look at the posts!

Exactly.

ariZona28 03-17-2020 05:48 PM

Oh, I know. You guys are both right. I just hate seeing folks that share a common bond (the best Camaro of all time IMO) at each others throats. Guess I'm guilty of trying to play peacemaker. In Highschool back in the early '80s I was always that guy breaking up fights at keg parties. Sometimes guys would listen, sometimes not. Just wish I would have listened when several friends told me not to chase Jack Daniels with warm Budweiser. Ah, those summer nights.

Dave-ROR 03-17-2020 06:13 PM

Since political conversations are not permitted here per the rules they should be blocked/deleted.

Silveradoss573 03-17-2020 08:13 PM

If you guys have a issue with it, then report it to the mods.

19coupe 03-20-2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariZona28 (Post 10746408)
Attention MODS: there are 2 posts on this forum that IMO need to be moved or even closed. "Has this corona issue affected your job" (in the general topic) and the "Covid-19 making you reconsider any plans?" (Z/28). At well over 200 responses these posts have escalated to heated vitriolic political debate that is taking this forum in an unintended direction. My concern is that future sharing of info between members may be curtailed due to one's previous political admissions. Example: I'm not helping that jerk, he's a liberal or that guy is a Trump supporter, pound sand! While world events and opinions are important there is a time and place for them. Perhaps moving both to the "Off topic discussions" section would be a fair compromise.

+1 🙂

Merc 03-25-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 10747352)
Since political conversations are not permitted here per the rules they should be blocked/deleted.

Covid-19 is not political and it's not a hoax?

JooktheSnooke 03-25-2020 02:55 PM

so now there is three covid-19 posts instead of two. not trying to be an ass but ur defeating ur purpose by making another post about it.

JooktheSnooke 03-25-2020 02:58 PM

the really virus here is all these retail post that should just be in the market place section

mickss 03-29-2020 07:51 AM

I really don`t care what anyone`s political views are at this moment, the only thing I care about is making sure I don`t become infected! If they want to argue about things they have no control over then fine by me, it`s just a waste of time that could have been better used!

STAY SAFE, STAY HOME