Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hurst Automatic Shifter Anyone? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115642)

tribone 11-15-2010 10:37 AM

Hurst Automatic Shifter Anyone?

8 Attachment(s)
All I can say is wow. I really like the fit and finish on this thing. Both the shifter and the plate are billet. I will take more pictures later but here are a few that I grabbed yesterday.

The color of the LED's on the console match the ABL. Nicely done guys!!

Attachment 184037

Attachment 184038

Attachment 184039

Attachment 184040

Attachment 184041

Attachment 184042

Attachment 184043

Attachment 184044

BlessedChef10 11-15-2010 10:41 AM

WOW! How much was it? it looks great!

JDP Sales 11-15-2010 10:42 AM

That is one hot piece. We will be carrying these once they are released!

thespymaster 11-15-2010 10:42 AM

WOW....... Changes the whole cockpit viewing of the C5...................... How much are they selling for?

JDP Sales 11-15-2010 10:54 AM

We don't have a cost or release date yet. But once we do we will let you all know.

Sincerely,

Rick

cowboy1948 11-15-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribone (Post 2547889)
All I can say is wow. I really like the fit and finish on this thing. Both the shifter and the plate are billet. I will take more pictures later but here are a few that I grabbed yesterday.

The color of the LED's on the console match the ABL. Nicely done guys!!

:happyanim:Where did you get it from?:bow::headbang:

tarheel34 11-15-2010 11:40 AM

How do you already have one?!? I've been dying to get my hands on one of these and could hardly even get a teaser pic!

Rick - When do you expect these to be released?

P.S. Phastek is doing a "Pre-Order" on these in the market section.

klatterblast 11-15-2010 11:46 AM

looks cool

bossbunny 11-15-2010 11:54 AM

Dannnnngit. I already have a barton shifter.... But im loving this.

thespymaster 11-15-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel34 (Post 2548056)
How do you already have one?!? I've been dying to get my hands on one of these and could hardly even get a teaser pic!

You know the saying, "it's not what you know, but who you know" and obviously he knows the right people :respekt:

subzero05 11-15-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 2548115)
You know the saying, "it's not what you know, but who you know" and obviously he knows the right people :respekt:

true that~!

ron10 11-15-2010 12:09 PM

that is flat nice.

Dan@BMRacing 11-15-2010 12:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This was a test-fit of the final (or near final) prototype in tribone's car. We needed to make sure that all the components will fit nicely and no more changes in spec or instructions are needed. As it currently stands, the pieces are ready for production, but we will need to revise the installation process slightly AND order a different part to put the whole kit together. For those of you involved in manufacturing, you probably know that this final process typically takes more than 8 weeks from this point on. Originally we wanted to get everything done in time for the holiday shopping season, but the trigger stick design took longer than expected.

As of right now, the plate and the stick will be sold separately. MSRP has not been determined yet, but we're hoping to keep the whole kit at around the same price as the manual shifter...The automatic kit is more complicated to machine but we are doing what we can to keep the prices reasonable. There will also be options to purchase the plate and stick separately (of course, that will cost more than buying them together for various reasons) if you like only the console plate, or if you like only the stick. For those of you that want to keep the stock stick, or already have a favorite stick in mind, the plate will be a nice stand-alone upgrade for your automatic console. As soon as we have a set pricing for the part numbers, I will make that public either through our distributors here or through an announcement on the Hurst website.

Do keep in mind, the upper handle of the stick is removable. Our engineers are working on a solution to add 2-3 buttons on the handle to enable a few "interesting" options like a line-lock or nitrous...Or maybe another option that automatic Camaro drivers will be clamouring for. ;) In addition to that, popular options like T-handles and our chromed stick and knob combination will be available shortly as well.

I took a couple of shots of the end result of the installation as well. See attached.

tarheel34 11-15-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 2548115)

That is very true! LoL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing (Post 2548212)
This was a test-fit of the final (or near final) prototype in tribone's car. We needed to make sure that all the components will fit nicely and no more changes in spec or instructions are needed. As it currently stands, the pieces are ready for production, but we will need to revise the installation process slightly AND order a different part to put the whole kit together. For those of you involved in manufacturing, you probably know that this final process typically takes more than 8 weeks from this point on. Originally we wanted to get everything done in time for the holiday shopping season, but the trigger stick design took longer than expected.

As of right now, the plate and the stick will be sold separately. MSRP has not been determined yet, but we're hoping to keep the whole kit at around the same price as the manual shifter...The automatic kit is more complicated to machine but we are doing what we can to keep the prices reasonable. There will also be options to purchase the plate and stick separately (of course, that will cost more than buying them together for various reasons) if you like only the console plate, or if you like only the stick. For those of you that want to keep the stock stick, or already have a favorite stick in mind, the plate will be a nice stand-alone upgrade for your automatic console. As soon as we have a set pricing for the part numbers, I will make that public either through our distributors here or through an announcement on the Hurst website.

Do keep in mind, the upper handle of the stick is removable. Our engineers are working on a solution to add 2-3 buttons on the handle to enable a few "interesting" options like a line-lock or nitrous...Or maybe another option that automatic Camaro drivers will be clamouring for. ;) In addition to that, popular options like T-handles and our chromed stick and knob combination will be available shortly as well.

I took a couple of shots of the end result of the installation as well. See attached.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

I hope the other feature you mentioned is tap shift on the shifter! :headbang: