CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   NPP exhaust rattle now has a fix!!! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456749)

BadBillyJack 06-16-2016 11:21 PM

NPP exhaust rattle now has a fix!!!

1 Attachment(s)
For those that keep complaining of your NPP rattle woes, and letting everyone know that NPP isn't worth it because of the rattles, there is NOW a fix for this concern.

Attached is a pdf of the page from service information.

BadBillyJack 06-16-2016 11:22 PM

reserved for future update.

SpookShow'84 06-16-2016 11:31 PM

We've heard about this "fix". It doesn't address the problem from a engineering/manufacturing viewpoint before it goes on the car.

It seems about the same as slapping some bondo in a quarter panel and calling it repaired.

It may work for now but seems like a design problem has hasn't been properly corrected.

BradfordCamaro 06-17-2016 01:29 AM

I'd rather have a new exhaust. They want to glue my broken exhaust?

DBNSSNH 06-17-2016 05:19 AM

Thanks for posting. Still not sure why this hasn't been addressed through engineering/ redesign of said product. Like someone said seems like a "band aid"..and we all know those eventually fall off!

raptor5244 06-17-2016 06:57 AM

I am not liking this fix one bit. We risk of messing up the valves even more if the tech accidentally gets epoxy in the wrong places. All this TSB did is tell us where the source of the rattle is coming from but the proposed fix is nuts. "Use a q-tip taped to a screwdriver..." Cmon. So, are all the new NPP exhausts coming off the line now having robots apply epoxy to a pin on the NPP valve? If not, then I want the newly design version of the NPP valve that has the proper size and clearance, etc. so it doesn't rattle.

Lucely Engineered 06-17-2016 07:39 AM

This is why they normally don't want you to see the repair procedure. 90% of the people who have this issue either don't notice it, or when they take it to the dealer all they know is that it is fixed. I'm sure the future valves will be fixed, but it is much cheaper / easier to have a dealer do this than replace thousands of valves.

suzook 06-17-2016 08:06 AM

This really is bullshit. Cmon GM! Wtf?

bballr4567 06-17-2016 08:26 AM

Crap, I've JB welded things before and it's been stronger after. If it works, it works. Some of you guys are never happy. The only change that will happen on the line making this product is adding more glue when its being put together.

6spdhyperblue 06-17-2016 08:30 AM

thank you for posting.

interesting the bulletin claims you can select different exhaust modes without the car running. My car doesn't do this. I wonder if a software update was released.

I'll just be happy if it works.

JR91 06-17-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicul15 (Post 9155747)
thank you for posting.

interesting the bulletin claims you can select different exhaust modes without the car running. My car doesn't do this. I wonder if a software update was released.

I'll just be happy if it works.

I found out the other day that you can select different exhaust modes with the car off. All you have to do is hold the engine start button for about 5-10 seconds and then your car will power on. You will now be able to adjust the exhaust in the settings. My NPP exhaust rattles too, so I just leave it in track or sport mode for now.

nancygrl 06-17-2016 10:19 AM

Thanks for posting, but come on GM; this really is not a fix but a temporary Band-Aid.

6spdhyperblue 06-17-2016 11:26 AM

other than crushing the metal on the ceramic pin, idk what they can do. you cant weld it.

i think this will fall under the powertrain warranty, so we have plenty of time to see if this will hold up